Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Chair Recommendation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd forget about overpriced and ridiculous looking gaming chairs and get a good ergonomic office chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ If you can afford one. I wanted a herman miller chair but they were too expensive and the 2nd hand market at the time was dreadful, probably even more so now with the lockdown because people are probably pretty interested in keeping their ergonomic chairs.

So I went the basic bitch way and got an amazon basics 'racing' chair. The detachable arms and reasonable price caught my eye. I can recommend it if you're tall and need adjustments in the armrest or want to remove the armrests like I did. If you're particularity heavy then I'd 2nd guess it because the cushioning isn't as soft as other similar chairs I've used. Also beware that it has upward folds at the side near the thighs. If you're a compulsive leg crosser and not that tall they can and will dig in a bit.

Note: I am using an extra back support mesh thing over the cushion it comes with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Agree with everyone above, get a good ergonomic chair.

I got this one:
    https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Its has a lot of adjustments you can do to make things more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

wes wrote: »
    Agree with everyone above, get a good ergonomic chair.

I got this one:
    https://www.autonomous.ai/office-chairs/ergonomic-chair

Its has a lot of adjustments you can do to make things more comfortable.

That looks like a decent chair for great price. Get fleeced on customs though, did you buy on that website?
    I have a steelcase leap but it has a broken armrest from a temper tantrum from a game :rolleyes:

To the op I'd skip on those kiddy chairs that streamers are paid to use and get a real ergonomic chair, money well spent and will last many years unless your a rager :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

KilOit wrote: »
    That looks like a decent chair for great price. Get fleeced on customs though, did you buy on that website?

I ordered directly. There were no customs cost. They ship from the EU for European customers. If you go to the currency drop down in the top right hand corner, you will see an Ireland as an option for delivery.

Only issue was that I had to wait 2 months for the chair due to the pandemic. Not sure what the wait time is these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Echo what the guys above have said, forget about the bucket seat gaming type chairs. I stupidly bought a off brand one on amazon in 2018, it looked the business and was somewhat comfortable at the start. Now, with working from home at the same desk where my setup is, I notice how uncomfortable it really is, ill be changing it out as soon as I can afford it.

Advertisement