Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track of the Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Much prefer the 7" mix to the 12" because of the punchier drums. Why on earth does the 12" mix have the lighter pitty pat drums from the 1991 release?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Gonna go for an all out Trance track, this is excellent stuff,

And as it happens, the creator used to post here on Boards, and was a Moderator,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=98989

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Gonna go for an all out Trance track, this is excellent stuff,

And as it happens, the creator used to post here on Boards, and was a Moderator,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=98989

NOW you're talking. A classic from the golden era that represents the genre well. Matt Darey (one half of Lost Tribe coincidentally) was untouchable around that time.

What's this you say about Binary Finary and boards.ie? They were trio of producers from England I thought...

Edit: You're right, Matt Laws is the guy's name.

• Advertisement

NOW you're talking. A classic from the golden era that represents the genre well. Matt Darey (one half of Lost Tribe coincidentally) was untouchable around that time.

What's this you say about Binary Finary and boards.ie? They were trio of producers from England I thought...

Edit: You're right, Matt Laws is the guy's name.

Here is a legend of a post if you are into music production, I have read this a couple of times now,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52935300&postcount=5

NOW you're talking. A classic from the golden era that represents the genre well.

If I was going to offer up a couple more tracks that I think represents the Genre well, I would offer these, I have them on Vinyl and love them,

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

4 belters right there, Greece 2000 reminds me of a great summer being had in 1998.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Here is a legend of a post if you are into music production, I have read this a couple of times now,

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52935300&postcount=5

That's a great read. Cheers for that.

ianuss wrote: »

Love the sound from 05:03 and 06:13 onwards

If I was going to offer up a couple more tracks that I think represents the Genre well, I would offer these, I have them on Vinyl and love them,

Edited original post,

should have been this version, not Tiesto version.

Love the sound from 05:03 and 06:13 onwards

I remember hearing this first at Homelands in one of the big tents. I only heard this track again recently and it instantly brought me back. Quality breakdown

Love this

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Love this

WOW, thats a great piece.

I love the syncopated voice at 01:26, i haven't tried to do anything like that production wise yet, its sounds brilliant.

And at 03:23, I would venture as far as to say it has a very Trancey sound of it, but all combines well at the end with the 303 sounds back in and voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Love this, especially the woodwind sound,

Love this,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ianuss wrote: »

I was going to post this one!! I first heard it on a free Mixmag CD by Nick Warren, Tech Trance I think it was called, and it was the last track. No word of a lie, I listened to it non-stop on my CD walkman (the size of those things!) for the entire month of February after first hearing it. It's still one of the best (and most memorable) tracks I've ever heard.

I havnt had time to listen to this properly yet, i was amazed to discover that Steve Davis the 6 times world snooker champion is a DJ and a collaborative producer,

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I havnt had time to listen to this properly yet, i was amazed to discover that Steve Davis the 6 times world snooker champion is a DJ and a collaborative producer,

I prefer Steve’s earlier collaboration :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Love this

Cracker. Great Stuff.

He is supposed to be a very,..... very dark horse by all accounts.

Never heard him mixing yet, but if he is half as good as he was at snooker?

He must be better than Idris Elba?

Love this, it has so much power and flow to it, it really pulls you along with it,

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    He is supposed to be a very,..... very dark horse by all accounts.

Never heard him mixing yet, but if he is half as good as he was at snooker?

He must be better than Idris Elba?

Wasn't Nigel Benn the boxer at it in the 90's as well?

• Advertisement

Advertisement