Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GivEnergy Support Thread

• 09-03-2020 7:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

If you Require any support for your GivEnergy Battery System, please contact me here and I will do my best to aid and resolve any issues.
    Regards
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Hi Dan,

When I try to set Mode 3, it gets stuck on 4/8. The Time ends up as 00:00 to 08:00 and 0 is in the Battery %. I'd like sometimes to set it to 50% but that's just not currently possible. Is there anything I can do my end to resolve / is it likely to be firmware or something else?
    Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 dan.lambert

mike_2009 wrote: »
    Hi Dan,

When I try to set Mode 3, it gets stuck on 4/8. The Time ends up as 00:00 to 08:00 and 0 is in the Battery %. I'd like sometimes to set it to 50% but that's just not currently possible. Is there anything I can do my end to resolve / is it likely to be firmware or something else?
    Thanks!

Hi Mike

Please provide me with your user account and inverter Serial Number. I will check over your system and provide the necessary updates in order for you to use this feature.

Regards
    Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hi Dan,

Not sure if this is an option or will be. So I have a battery on the system but what I would like to do is take a view of lets say 17.00 - 23.00 and see how many watts I use. So then you could see what size battery would actually be required to run the house.

Is this something you can do? I can only see on daily reports the total house requirement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 dan.lambert

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Hi Dan,

Not sure if this is an option or will be. So I have a battery on the system but what I would like to do is take a view of lets say 17.00 - 23.00 and see how many watts I use. So then you could see what size battery would actually be required to run the house.

Is this something you can do? I can only see on daily reports the total house requirement.

This can be done multiple ways through the portal. If you open up your graphs and select the demanded power graph, it will give you an average power. you can then times this value by 6 (1700-2300) to give you the energy requirement in kWh.

Or you can go to the daily graphs and add up the values in green (every 5 minutes), divide by 12 to convert to hours (5 minutes into hour) then times this by the number of hours you are looking to calculate over to get the energy value in kWh.

Or in the meter data tab, look at the accumalative energy value for consumption between those hours and that will also give you the same value.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sorry maybe I am been thick, probably am

I have gone to MeterData and then exported the data
    On the spreadsheet if I look at Consumption Today(kWh)
    At 18.00 hours it says 25.4
    then at 23.54 it says 40.2

So I guess I have used 15kWh from 18-24.00??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

Is this thread still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No, as you can see on Dan's profile he's been banned for offering support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

I got support direct from GivEnergy

Seemingly option 2 is not working if people are having similar issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I got an email today over an outage on Saturday for a firmware upgrade if some sort, but it says it's for uk only.

Advertisement