Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crab meat supplier

Options
  • 22-10-2020 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought some exceptional crab meat from CS Fish Shop in Ennis. It is wild Atlantic crab.

I am based in Dublin and unfortunately they don’t ship their frozen crab meat(white). I have tried the Crab Meat in Kish but it does not compare.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to order high quality crab meat that delivers ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I haven't used this supplier, just remember seeing an interview with the guy on RTE.
    It's run by a seafood chef who owns the Klaw restaurants in Dublin.

https://sustainableseafood.ie/product/cooked-aran-islands-crab-meat/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I haven't used this supplier, just remember seeing an interview with the guy on RTE.
    It's run by a seafood chef who owns the Klaw restaurants in Dublin.

https://sustainableseafood.ie/product/cooked-aran-islands-crab-meat/

Thank you. I have ordered and will report back when I get to eat it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Swampy wrote: »
    Thank you. I have ordered and will report back when I get to eat it!

All eaten. The white crab meat was very good quality. Obviously hand picked and in chunks. The crab claws in the shell I’m not sure off as have never really cooked them before.

Over all I’d defo buy the crab meat again. I’d go for the 500g pack if it’s available for €35.

The best dish I made was the dressed crab meat. Lime juice, scallion, chilli, s&p and a little bit (defo just a little ) of Mayo to bring it together. 10/10.

Advertisement