Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Fair enough, thanks for the info folks. I haven't had any issues regarding port forwarding etc, bittorrent doesn't seem to have any issues with my setup so I'll leave as is for now. I will turn off the unneeded wifi though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

A godamn disgrace this evening, 0.5 mb for a family of 6. Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You have two options.

You can set it up as you have , with the Mesh system only managing the WIFI component , but often that means that you don't get access to a lot of the other features you get with a new modern Mesh router - Like Firewalls and other security/control items (parental controls for example).

Bridge mode basically turns the Imagine box into just a Modem and moves all of the "router" functions like IP address management (NAT & DHCP etc.) and any other bells & whistles over to your new Router.

Either way is fine , if you are not missing out on features in the Mesh router that you'd like to have then as you have it is fine , although you should absolutely disable the WIFI on the Imagine box.

Our biggest issue with imagine isn’t the speeds, it’s the router becoming overwhelming and having to restart it. This is with their latest kit. Would bridge mode resolve this.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Our biggest issue with imagine isn’t the speeds, it’s the router becoming overwhelming and having to restart it. This is with their latest kit. Would bridge mode resolve this.

Do you mean that the Wifi gets overwhelming by too many connected devices?

If so , then yes , perhaps.

Certainly in my house between Computers , Phones , Tablets , Games Consoles , Smart TVs and various "connected" devices I can sometimes have upwards of 30 devices active at the one time.

An improved Wifi set-up with dedicated channels for back-haul to the router etc definitely helped the stability on the connections for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

All non-portable devices connected by LAN cables would help even more in terms of stability. :cool:

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Do you mean that the Wifi gets overwhelming by too many connected devices?

If so , then yes , perhaps.

Certainly in my house between Computers , Phones , Tablets , Games Consoles , Smart TVs and various "connected" devices I can sometimes have upwards of 30 devices active at the one time.

An improved Wifi set-up with dedicated channels for back-haul to the router etc definitely helped the stability on the connections for me.

If guessing so, another iPad switches on and within seconds it'll be hung. There's a whole mess of stuff connecting to it. e.g. I added two blink cameras yesterday. That's with three iPads, two iPhones, a Mac, two connected TVs with sky Q (suspect this might be the main culprit tbh), two iRobots, Alexa's, switch and PS4. Even the bathroom scales ffs. I'm forgetting a few things as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be here -

I've set up an Amazon Fire Stick for my brother. He's in a rural area and using Imagine.

Speedtest tells me he gets 63.0mb down and 5.41 up.

But it won't even run IPTV channels in SD. Everything buffers. I've noticed too that when I connect the Fire TV Remote app over wi-fi that it won't hold it's connection from the app to the stick. The problem definitely isn't with the stick - I took it from my own home where it works perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Currently getting ~2Mb down in the Galway area, I wish I never signed up with Imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Anyone have any idea what the issue might be here -

I've set up an Amazon Fire Stick for my brother. He's in a rural area and using Imagine.

Speedtest tells me he gets 63.0mb down and 5.41 up.

But it won't even run IPTV channels in SD. Everything buffers. I've noticed too that when I connect the Fire TV Remote app over wi-fi that it won't hold it's connection from the app to the stick. The problem definitely isn't with the stick - I took it from my own home where it works perfectly.

Anyone got any ideas?

maybe the iptv requires a vpn to work properly

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

This method works to get more access points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Thanks Mark, definitely not that - it works perfectly in my house.

Cheers though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Thanks Mark, definitely not that - it works perfectly in my house.

Cheers though
    Do you have Imagine in you house as well?
    Some broadband providers blocking IPTV streams,some not. VPN could solve it if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

So, I did a little check about that 20GB data daily usage and it seems to check out. Here is an image of my speeds vs usage for the past 7 days.
    14th and 15th are strange but I guess it's a mixture of others on my mast not using as much and less speed readings.

530078.png

It's all well and good introducing this prioritisation but the service becomes unusable, at least for me, when I am affected by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Internet has been going to **** for the last few days for me, ping to discord in the thousands, small downloads (of around 50~100mb) running at 2mbps. Random cut-offs too. Mostly all happening between 5pm-1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Internet has been going to **** for the last few days for me, ping to discord in the thousands, small downloads (of around 50~100mb) running at 2mbps. Random cut-offs too. Mostly all happening between 5pm-1am.

Mine has been erratic too, speeds in general down 30% on normal and a lot of slow downloads. Some buffering on video too which is very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

They were "optimising" the network on Tuesday last according to a text message that I got, afterwards I had the same issue. A router restart fixed it to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

My net is completely gone and no signal being received at the router. Anybody else having any issues?

Wing126 wrote: »
    My net is completely gone and no signal being received at the router. Anybody else having any issues?

Just gone there too. Just north of Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Completely gone here from Bweeng mast in Cork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Completely gone in cloyne too. Was almost unusable for whole evening before it went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Shorty69664

irishfeen wrote: »
    Completely gone here from Bweeng mast in Cork!!

Gone in mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Major

Gone in Cavan also

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Me too. In COBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

3 different masts down in donegal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭rodge123

Yep, no lte signal either on router.
    On the cappagh north kildare mast

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MarkoF

Me too. In COBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭hbab2009

MarkoF wrote: »
    Me too. In COBH.

Gone in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Ohohoho nationwide downtime, some "optimizing" job there lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

Gone in Portarlington

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I should have clarified I'm in Meath. So yeah, nationwide down. The **** has happened??

It's funny because I received an email from them today about getting in touch when out of service. Yet can't get in touch when they're closed >.>

Advertisement