Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to shoot in Clare

Options
  • 20-10-2020 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just bought my first rifle, a Ruger. 22 precision rim fire.
    Does anyone know of any bogs/Marsh land outside of Ennis that would be suitable for Zeroing my rifle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

A few things for your information-

Legally you are not allowed zero a rifle out side of a authorised range.

Shooting on land without permission is an offense / this includes hunting on land without permission, so if you were to say you were heading out to shoot some rabbits if you dont have permission then you are breaking the law even though rabbit hunting is legal.

Land is either state owned or private. There is no public access land here that allows for shooting unless you have certain permissions/permits.

Did you not get land permissions when you applied for you firearms cert?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Not sure where in Clare you are but there's gun clubs in most parishs around, off the top of my head there's Spancill Hill, Kilmaley and Kilnamona all around Ennis. If you're looking for a good range Coolmine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conse1

Thanks for the info, I'm quite new to this. Yes I got permission from landowners in West Clare.
    With the lockdown it's outside of the 5km zone and I'm looking for other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Conse1

Clareman wrote: »
    Not sure where in Clare you are but there's gun clubs in most parishs around, off the top of my head there's Spancill Hill, Kilmaley and Kilnamona all around Ennis. If you're looking for a good range Coolmine.

I just moved to Quin, originally from Ennis.
    Thanks for the tips, I will look into finding a local gun club.

Are you a member of any in Clare?

Advertisement