Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Competitons not showing on Golfnet

Options
  • 21-10-2020 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

A qualifying away score and a non-qualifying score have not been uploaded onto to my Golfnet account. However I did get cut for the qualfying away score but with it not showing online will these rounds be included when the New handicap system comes in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

T453 wrote: »
    A qualifying away score and a non-qualifying score have not been uploaded onto to my Golfnet account. However I did get cut for the qualfying away score but with it not showing online will these rounds be included when the New handicap system comes in?
    Does the cut show up on GolfNet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 T453

No My handicap got cut but nothing is shown about it or the competition

Would it be possible to just enter the scores when the new system comes in if they werent oringinally entered

No My handicap got cut but nothing is shown about it or the competition

Would it be possible to just enter the scores when the new system comes in if they werent oringinally entered
    I'd say wait. You could also ask your handicap secretary - he can have a look at your record on GolfNet and perhaps may have to run an update on his software to update your record. Your home club is where your handicap is managed. How much time has elapsed since you recorded those scores? If it's in the last week or so, it's probably just waiting an update from your own club.

Score was from August but will wait and see what happens when the new system comes in and if still a problem I will ask
    Thanks for replies

Score was from August but will wait and see what happens when the new system comes in and if still a problem I will ask
    Thanks for replies
    No problem. But I would advise taking it up with him before the changeover. This week if possible as H/secs will have initial sight of your new handicap index before the end of the week and any anomalies need to be sorted between then and November 2nd. That's a long time for a score to come through.

• Advertisement

Ok Thanks
    The competiton I played back in August was a GUI event and therefore I didnt enter my score onto a computer would that have made a difference
    I also notice now another GUI event that I got a point 1 in is not showing but I did get the point 1

Ok Thanks
    The competiton I played back in August was a GUI event and therefore I didnt enter my score onto a computer would that have made a difference
    Well yes. If nobody else did either. But generally you can't process results without either going through a lot of tedious work or using the computer system designed for the job. You say you had a cut, but that's not actually possible unless it went through GolfNet. Assuming you played in competitions since August, that cut should have applied to your scores in those comps. Unless you applied the cut manually when entering your scores.

Yes My handicap was cut but the GUI competition is not showing up is all that is wrong

I looked at my GUI scores from 2019 and notice they also do not come up but when I look at unprocessed away scores from 2019 on my account they are all there so will Golfnet update these scores at the end of the year and will they be included in the new system

I looked at my GUI scores from 2019 and notice they also do not come up but when I look at unprocessed away scores from 2019 on my account they are all there so will Golfnet update these scores at the end of the year and will they be included in the new system
    I think unprocessed away scores from last year are probably gone for good. Usually this happens when the handicap secretary is doing a GolfNet update and away scores pop up to be included in the update. He can choose to include or ignore these (they are usually ignored if they were scored after a home competition that he hasn't closed yet) but should be added in later. Sometimes that notification doesn't pop up again if it's been ignored before - not always, but sometimes (or it's ignored again for some other reason) and the scores remain unprocessed. I've no idea how the cut is on your record without a corresponding score, but that may only be answered by the club that recorded the cut. The fact that it was GUI competition may have something to do with it.

• Advertisement

Ok Thanks
    Would you have any idea if these will be included in the new system

Ok Thanks
    Would you have any idea if these will be included in the new system
    No idea without sight of your handicap record. If it was put in as an adjustment to handicap only, I can't see how it could be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ive a good few away scores
    they have been processed
    now they have all been moved back to unprocessed!

might they be doing something to do with the WHS?

Of course if they are..... I'm not surprised they wouldn't tell us!

Advertisement