Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minis coaching - Oct 21 Level 5

Options
  • 20-10-2020 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi All,
    I'm sure plenty here are involved with coaching at minis and youths (school age).
    Two questions - does the 5km restriction apply to children or coaches in attending training and does non-contact training mean traditional rugby non-contact (no tackling or rucking) or actual non-contact like no touching at all?
    Appreciate we're all in the dark here, but any guidance being issued from clubs yet?
    Cheers,
    FL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

FLCP wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm sure plenty here are involved with coaching at minis and youths (school age).
    Two questions - does the 5km restriction apply to children or coaches in attending training and does non-contact training mean traditional rugby non-contact (no tackling or rucking) or actual non-contact like no touching at all?
    Appreciate we're all in the dark here, but any guidance being issued from clubs yet?
    Cheers,
    FL
    Your club should have a covid officer in place. Ask them. But the IRFU have good info on their site.
    https://www.irishrugby.ie/running-your-club/return-to-rugby-for-clubs/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Hi All,
    Cheers,
    FL

Is it not canceled outright? My son's minis has been - though I'm North of the border. But surely minis isn't elite?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,103 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Is it not canceled outright? My son's minis has been - though I'm North of the border. But surely minis isn't elite?

no, in the republic outdoor non contact training is still allowed for kids in pods of 15.

regarding the 5km limit, we're expecting clarification from the IRFU on this tomorrow evening before the restrictions come into force on thursday.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the 5km restriction wont be applied to outdoor team training ...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,103 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi All,
    Cheers,
    FL

Its been confirmed that outdoor non contact training for kids can continue as before.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#exercise-and-sporting-events

Regarding the non contact, as far as I understand 'touch' tackling at hip height is still allowed. Full tackling, rucking etc is not. I have watched leinster coaches only last week coaching new comers using touch tackling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Its been confirmed that outdoor non contact training for kids can continue as before.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#exercise-and-sporting-events

Regarding the non contact, as far as I understand 'touch' tackling at hip height is still allowed. Full tackling, rucking etc is not. I have watched leinster coaches only last week coaching new comers using touch tackling

This is correct - tip/tag rugby allowed. Contact (tackling, rucking, scrums practice) not allowed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement