Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

but it's called the toy show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Single mothers and how we are all supposed to feel sorry for them.

I am sorry but it is not a medical affliction. You did not wake up one morning to suddenly find 4 kids hanging off you. You were well capable of dropping your knickers and taking a creampie...several times.

And now society owes you a living.

What about a single mother by being a widow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Children's allowance should be stopped after 4 kids.
    If you want more - go ahead - but you'll get nothing from the state for Numbers 5,6 etc

I don't suppose you've heard anything about the impending financial catastrophe, caused largely by our increased lifespans and falling birth rates?

We really should be encouraging kids, not doing the opposite. Without generations of those adorable baby taxpayers, whose numbers you're so keen to limit, coming along behind you, you'll be working till you die!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I don't suppose you've heard anything about the impending financial catastrophe, caused largely by our increased lifespans and falling birth rates?

We really should be encouraging kids, not doing the opposite. Without generations of those adorable baby taxpayers, whose numbers you're so keen to limit, coming along behind you, you'll be working till you die!

the problem is we're encouraging the birth of and importing the 'adorable' net detractors from society, further plunging ourselves into hardship. A child born to a non EU immigrant, single parent or parent on welfare is a lot less likely to contribute to society than somebody born to a two income EU household. We need to make it a lot easier and more desirable for those people to have children so we don't end up with this loaded dice roll where the odds are against those kids ever contributing.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

the problem is we're encouraging the birth of and importing the 'adorable' net detractors from society
    Is there any point asking for evidence for that statement? "Encouraging"? Really? Where the hell are you even getting that kind of nonsense from?
    further plunging ourselves into hardship. A child born to a non EU immigrant, single parent or parent on welfare is a lot less likely to contribute to society than somebody born to a two income EU household.
    And a child born to a two income non-EU immigrant household is a lot more likely to contribute to society than yadda yadda yadda. I love these idiotic false dichotomies racists parrot as if they're the ultimate conversation ender. Double points because they're based on assertions they don't provide any evidence for in the first place.

Your opinions aren't facts, no matter how badly you want them to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Is there any point asking for evidence for that statement? "Encouraging"? Really? Where the hell are you even getting that kind of nonsense from?

And a child born to a two income non-EU immigrant household is a lot more likely to contribute to society than yadda yadda yadda. I love these idiotic false dichotomies racists parrot as if they're the ultimate conversation ender. Double points because they're based on assertions they don't provide any evidence for in the first place.

non EU immigrants are net detractors from the economy , its a well known fact. There are multiple studies to say that kids who grow up in poorer households have worse outcomes. Paying child benefit absolutely encourages certain sections of society to have children for additional income. These are not hard things to comprehend, most of them are pretty obvious.

theres no point in saying we need more people in the workforce in future generations (we do, thats undisputed) and not look at how we can encourage those kids to have the best outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Don't you know that this kind of poster are the type of guy that buy coffee & drive range rovers, these types of guy are normally IT consultants of some sort earning 'big bank' - but doing very little.

That's why these types of guys have so much time to peddle hate on boards all day - they're usually actually the very lazy useless waster bottomfeeder that they spend all day here berating - the only difference - they were born lucky (& white)

These types of guys will never, ever - ever be able to see that they won the birth lottery, all they will ever see is that they are great and anyone 'poorer' than them is dirt.

That's definitely going to be unpopular, on boards - in 2020.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

great.....the overspill from the Multiculturalism thread spills in here....that is all we need in here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I am sorry but it is not a medical affliction. You did not wake up one morning to suddenly find 4 kids hanging off you. You were well capable of dropping your knickers and taking a creampie...several times.

great.....the overspill from the Multiculturalism thread spills in here....that is all we need in here

Funny that, you had no problem thanking the above - the post that sparked the discussion - is it just the opinions you don't agree with that you don't want in this - Unpopular opinions thread?

it was one post, I have no objection if said poster said the opposite.

Its the fact the thread is derailed when there is already a thread for that discussion.
    I thought that was obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,606 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Funny that, you had no problem thanking the above - the post that sparked the discussion - is it just the opinions you don't agree with that you don't want in this - Unpopular opinions thread?

Or the fact that he is threadbanned from this thread.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

lets get thread back on track.

I hate when some modern men proclaim "we are pregnant" when his wife or girlfriend is the one actually pregnant.
    You are not pregnant, she is, she is the one giving birth not you.

The Late Late Toy Show 2020 will be the actual template model that subsequent "Late Late Toy Shows" will follow in format.

Think of the evolution of a device like a telephone. For a long period of the 20th century most telephones had a "dial" wheel.

Now consider actual toys like the old dial here.

There is little relevance or reference to actual toys as the years go on in the late late you show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ah really,what about the feckless men that dont look after said kids.The women didnt do it on her own.

As usual blame the women for what men do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Your denial of reality in aid of adhering to political correctness is not going to change anything

children who grow up without a father have worse outcomes , there are countless studies to support that assertion

as for your doubts - disagreement over whether generous welfare contributes to lower education citizens choosing to have larger families , you only need point to travellers to show this is blatantly obvious .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Don't you know that this kind of poster are the type of guy that buy coffee & drive range rovers, these types of guy are normally IT consultants of some sort earning 'big bank' - but doing very little.

That's why these types of guys have so much time to peddle hate on boards all day - they're usually actually the very lazy useless waster bottomfeeder that they spend all day here berating - the only difference - they were born lucky (& white)

These types of guys will never, ever - ever be able to see that they won the birth lottery, all they will ever see is that they are great and anyone 'poorer' than them is dirt.

perfect combination of WOKENESS ( referring to whiteness - in ireland of all places ) and the politics of envy - accusing the poster of wining the " birth lottery "

grim debating at its leftist worst

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah really,what about the feckless men that dont look after said kids.The women didnt do it on her own.

Sorry, but since the women is the one risking getting pregnant not the man, the onus is more on the women.

how about when the single mother has 3 kids by 3 different men ?
    Is she still only partially responsible each time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

99nsr125 wrote: »
    What about a single mother by being a widow ?

What about them?

I specifically mentioned single mothers not widowed mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Sorry, but since the women is the one risking getting pregnant not the man, the onus is more on the women.

how about when the single mother has 3 kids by 3 different men ?
    Is she still only partially responsible each time ?

There is a real beaut in the next town. 4 kids and 4 different fathers.

Actually is Ulrika Johnson like that as well?

• Advertisement

Actually is Ulrika Johnson like that as well?

So,if it doesnt impact you.Why are you so bothered.

the beaut the next town over turn you down did she.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh very true, but it's more accurate to tend to blame women alone for what both do. It takes two to tango horizontally, as it were.
    Oh there's something in that, but it's way more complex than that in reality. Sure you can have the feckless, but the other reasons can be: A) contraception isn't 100%* for all sorts of reasons. A course of antibiotics can screw ithe the pill for example. Oh and doctors don't always tell women this. Happened with an ex of mine who was on the pill, but she was clever and did an oul google and found this out(I didn't know). Hell I've known a couple who got in the family way when she was on the pill and he was rubbered up. B) Couples where the guy is into the whole baby thing until pregnancy actually happens and then gets cold feet. I've known a couple of them. C) a night on the lash can go south and.. D) we're designed to make little copies of ourselves and that mixed with love and lust can make people do daft things they otherwise wouldn't. Hell on the occasions I've been in love I've had moments that are now *cringe* and were sectionable. E) some people are just a little dim. There's a long list above the simplistic "getting a free house and more on the scratcher".

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

So,if it doesnt impact you.Why are you so bothered.
    That would be my general take too D.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Colloquially known as Land Rovers aka 4x4

Omackeral wrote: »
    Colloquially known as Land Rovers aka 4x4

You have no idea why she has 4 kids by 4 different fathers.Maybe she likes being a single mother and chose it.
    Maybe she was raped,maybe she left an abusive relationship.

Maybe the men spun her lies and left her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

You have no idea why she has 4 kids by 4 different fathers.Maybe she likes being a single mother and chose it.

4 times!

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oh very true, but it's more accurate to tend to blame women alone for what both do. It takes two to tango horizontally, as it were.

Oh there's something in that, but it's way more complex than that in reality. Sure you can have the feckless, but the other reasons can be: A) contraception isn't 100%* for all sorts of reasons. A course of antibiotics can screw ithe the pill for example. Oh and doctors don't always tell women this. Happened with an ex of mine who was on the pill, but she was clever and did an oul google and found this out(I didn't know). Hell I've known a couple who got in the family way when she was on the pill and he was rubbered up. B) Couples where the guy is into the whole baby thing until pregnancy actually happens and then gets cold feet. I've known a couple of them. C) a night on the lash can go south and.. D) we're designed to make little copies of ourselves and that mixed with love and lust can make people do daft things they otherwise wouldn't. Hell on the occasions I've been in love I've had moments that are now *cringe* and were sectionable. E) some people are just a little dim. There's a long list above the simplistic "getting a free house and more on the scratcher".

valid points.

and when it happens a second time, ?
    and then a third time ?
    how about a 4th ?

At what point does the person start getting sensible and think I wont keep repeating the same mistake.

What about them?

I specifically mentioned single mothers not widowed mothers.

Because by definition a widow is single

Ulrika admitted to being a hornbag and hating using condoms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

the 'feckless men' don't get any sympathy which was the point of the original post.

Advertisement