Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing 2020 - Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I was told by my ob that I can get the harmony test if I want, however he said that cause of my age there is like a 1 in 500 chance and he left it up to me, for €450 I’m toying if I should or not? I was told I’m really low risk, so I think I’ll take my chances but I’ve a nagging feeling I should? Can I get it after my 20 weeks scan? I got a scan at 14weeks due to needing anti D and everything looked great and normal then.
    So confused

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I was told by my ob that I can get the harmony test if I want, however he said that cause of my age there is like a 1 in 500 chance and he left it up to me, for €450 I’m toying if I should or not? I was told I’m really low risk, so I think I’ll take my chances but I’ve a nagging feeling I should? Can I get it after my 20 weeks scan? I got a scan at 14weeks due to needing anti D and everything looked great and normal then.
    So confused

It's totally up to you really. I think you can get it at at any stage of your pregnancy. You get a scan at it too. Plus you can find out the sex through the blood test if that was something you wanted to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

Did anyone have their test done during the last major lockdown? Mine is next week, will phone to check in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

gigglybits wrote: »
    Did anyone have their test done during the last major lockdown? Mine is next week, will phone to check in the morning.

Yes. Had mine in April. No issues at all and had results back in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

So confused
    It's supposed to be done before a certain number of weeks AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gigglybits

cant26 wrote: »
    Yes. Had mine in April. No issues at all and had results back in a week.

Thanks. Phoned this morning. Test will go ahead next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

Sorry to drag up an old thread but are Irish Life still cover this?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭posy2010

A heads up that most laya plans don’t cover foetal screening

Advertisement