Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Range: its pretty bad on mine I find compared to that of my wives Kona. Drove to Kerry and only got about 300kms of range and it was nice weather drive. Kona will hit 450kms no issues driving motorways at 125kms/h. The 300kms in the Tesla was at the speed limit too!! So the performance credentials are not being lived up to!

Nobody is getting 450km in a Kona at Motorway speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

J-W wrote: »
    Mad_Lads gonna loose his sh*t

budget looks like an final price increase on a SR+ with a cheaper long range or performance

7% VRT but grant tapered off over 40K noting on a car over 50K

How much will it be for a SR+? Is it from jan 2021?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

New refresh available online now.
    Not liking the new Performance wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Gumbo wrote: »
    New refresh available online now.
    Not liking the new Performance wheels.

Power Trunk, Chrome Delete,
    New Center Console,
    USB Port in the glovebox for your SSD.
    Upgraded Audio

Probably heat pump as well with a smaller frunk.
    Double Glazed as well according to reports on Teslarati.

And 430km WTLP.

Sheeeeeet :pac:

God damn osborne effect

To be honest the biggest upgrade the could give the Model 3 is normal door handles on the interior.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

redcup342 wrote: »
    Power Trunk, Chrome Delete,
    New Center Console,
    USB Port in the glovebox for your SSD.
    Upgraded Audio

Probably heat pump as well with a smaller frunk.
    Double Glazed as well according to reports on Teslarati.

And 430km WTLP.

Sheeeeeet :pac:

God damn osborne effect

To be honest the biggest upgrade the could give the Model 3 is normal door handles on the interior.

I like the handles. Had an SR+ on loaner while the MS was in the SC and I found them ok. The wife hated them. I see a YT’r has an auto present feature on his. That would be a good option from Tesla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Now I see the chrome delete in the render, I don't want it....hmmmm
    The Performance wheels are the ones from the Y I think, old ones looked better.

Gumbo wrote: »
    I like the handles. Had an SR+ on loaner while the MS was in the SC and I found them ok. The wife hated them. I see a YT’r has an auto present feature on his. That would be a good option from Tesla.

Nah man I mean on the inside, you use the buttons to open the door, using the handle can damage door trim.

Anytime someone gets in the car you need to tell them how to open the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Nah man I mean on the inside, you use the buttons to open the door, using the handle can damage door trim.

Anytime someone gets in the car you need to tell them how to open the doors.

I got the little stickers to stick on the buttons, haven't had a problem since, before that people invariably pulled the emergence release.

Doesn't mention HP or anything but I see the chrome delete but you'd be hard pressed to know if this is the update.

What was the cost after the budget for the non upgraded version ? you can see the matt centre console so it has to be the updated M3.

I'm interested to know how much it came down because it was 3K USD cheaper in China.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The price hasn't changed outside of China.

• Advertisement

jhegarty wrote: »
    The price hasn't changed outside of China.

That's pretty sh1t considering the battery is costing Tesla less.

That's pretty sh1t considering the battery is costing Tesla less.

The ones coming out of Freemont probably have the same battery just the WTLP is increased due to the inclusion of the heatpump.

Interior is totally different now, Piano black is gone and replacewith a silver matt finish, different trim on the center console and a subwoofer in the boot.

I got mine 2 months ago and have the old frunk, some people were delivered a M3s with a Smaller frunk (prepping for the inclusion of the heatpump) but with no heatpump installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

don't underestimate the impact of double glazing ... I had it once in an Audi and it made an unbelievable difference to how quiet the cabin was

Ok seems confirmed, message from Tesla here in Germany:

Translated from German:
    Additionally, I wanted to inform you that our Model 3 got an update this morning. The vehicle is now delivered with heat pump and therefore more range, electric tailgate and other innovations at the same price.

I like the new center console that piano black is annoying to keep clean, the heat pump is a nice addition although I think it'll make a more noticable range difference in colder climates.

However the frunk is pretty small now, its only really useful for storing cables.
    lmNuxGeRhiti3-NbpK5LYd-RLsdYxHzxxrJKa_-7grk.jpg?auto=webp&7f0edd90

The Chrome delete I do not like at all, personal taste I think :)

Long Range will be delivered on 1st November, SR+ Will be delivered from Jan next year.

Ok seems confirmed, message from Tesla here in Germany:

Translated from German:

I like the new center console that piano black is annoying to keep clean, the heat pump is a nice addition although I think it'll make a more noticable range difference in colder climates.

However the frunk is pretty small now, its only really useful for storing cables.
    lmNuxGeRhiti3-NbpK5LYd-RLsdYxHzxxrJKa_-7grk.jpg?auto=webp&7f0edd90

The Chrome delete I do not like at all, personal taste I think :)

Long Range will be delivered on 1st November, SR+ Will be delivered from Jan next year.

That soon hmmm - so if you ordered a SR+ now you would get it with pre vrt changes and the updated car?

That soon hmmm - so if you ordered a SR+ now you would get it with pre vrt changes and the updated car?

You won't get a refreshed SR+ now until Jan 2020 at the earliest.

Refreshed LR will come from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Looking at company car options for next year, have a budget of €50K to play with but can't get my head around the true cost of a M3-SR+ and a M3-LR to a Company. Have all supports been removed during the budget for a business purchase? Also have range anxiety - multiple times a month I'd have to travel from South Donegal to Cork for work.

Are you sure about that ?

Everything else I have seen is that all new cars will be the refresh. You can order one on the page now with a November delivery date and it advertises the updates.

I'd still like to know about the LiFeP04 battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

Is that sr+ 0.1 second slower now?

Glad I just got in there before the longer range, heat pump, power lift gate, double glazing, usb in glove box and redesigned centre console...

• Advertisement

Everything else I have seen is that all new cars will be the refresh. You can order one on the page now with a November delivery date and it advertises the updates.

That's very interesting, I see on the Irish Tesla store Delivery is in November.

It would mean that Tesla are holding back Delivery on the SR+ in Germany/NL and BE for some reasons.

That's very interesting, I see on the Irish Tesla store Delivery is in November.

It would mean that Tesla are holding back Delivery on the SR+ in Germany/NL and BE for some reasons.

Looks like it's LHD vs RHD based. All the leaked photos so far have been RHD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

There was a story a month or so back about tesla having to file a document with German authorities which basically outlined a different car, in place of the existing sr+,this was when rumours first appeared, maybe that takes time to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Old_Sport

It's so weird that they say November on their page but when I contacted them they told me the next shipment is only arriving in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I prefer the look of the old 19" and 20" wheels. The new aeros look marginally better but both are still shít. Chrome delete works better on some colours than others, works best on white and red.

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    There was a story a month or so back about tesla having to file a document with German authorities which basically outlined a different car, in place of the existing sr+,this was when rumours first appeared, maybe that takes time to come through?

That was already done, I have one of those "new cars- AAZ" AAQ is pre May 2020

f6f34bae3a9c2f8611108b2891a6daed6e96222f.png

They had to apply for registration for an 88kw version

Just got a "Your order has been modified" email from Tesla. Don't see any details changed but the picture is now the refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Just got a "Your order has been modified" email from Tesla. Don't see any details changed but the picture is now the refresh.

Ya .Same

Thank you so no way to get the vrt saving and the refresh model or are people expecting a price drop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Thank you so no way to get the vrt saving and the refresh model or are people expecting a price drop

You could contact Tesla sandyford and just ask them straight out.

The refresh is now the model shown on the Irish configorator. If you were to book that now you would be entering into a contract for that car at that price .

Advertisement