Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Seth! wrote: »
    Don't forget the VAT is going back to 23% end of February.

I thought delivery was only end of quarter? That was mentioned so you can only get a car in March after vat changes back? (211 plates refresh)

When is the invoice date? time of order or time of collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 Seth!

I thought delivery was only end of quarter? That was mentioned so you can only get a car in March after vat changes back? (211 plates refresh)

When is the invoice date? time of order or time of collection?

Not sure on this one however if you give them a ring they can tell. I called them before the budget and they advised me accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

I was looking at getting a 2nd hand Tesla 3... no options, 2019. Looking online, can see some at 43,000 ... private just under 40,000. Would you recommend buying 2nd hand at those prices or buying new at 47,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

olearydc wrote: »
    I was looking at getting a 2nd hand Tesla 3... no options, 2019. Looking online, can see some at 43,000 ... private just under 40,000. Would you recommend buying 2nd hand at those prices or buying new at 47,000.

Where have seen one under €40k ?

jhegarty wrote: »
    Where have seen one under €40k ?

Talking to a owner who wants to sell. He's been offered less then 40 by garage and has offered to me if I want it first. He is related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

Talking to a owner who wants to sell. He's been offered less then 40 by garage and has offered to me if I want it first. He is related

So 2019, 2 years old, 2 years less warranty. Or for 7k more, you will be in a car that is 2 years newer. When you look at the numbers the additional 7k seems like reasonable value to pay for a brand new car over one that will be 2 years old. Plus you will get 1,500 kms of free supercharging also buying new (If you decide on new, can send you a referral code to claim the free supercharging km's)

I could pay the extra for new car with the refresh , extra warranty and 0 millage.

But if you are going second hand that price is well below market (unless it's got massive millage or crash damage).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

So 2019, 2 years old, 2 years less warranty. Or for 7k more, you will be in a car that is 2 years newer. When you look at the numbers the additional 7k seems like reasonable value to pay for a brand new car over one that will be 2 years old. Plus you will get 1,500 kms of free supercharging also buying new (If you decide on new, can send you a referral code to claim the free supercharging km's)

Not quite 2 years. Model 3 didn't come to Ireland until late 2019.

I think it's a good price. Yes, it's used but you save 7,000. On the other hand, if you order a new one it will have a power trunk and chrome delete, and possibly Octovalve and double layer glass.

Talking to him further today. Looked after, less then 15000 km. He did pay extra on paint. Is 2019 but bought late 2019. Would like power trunk, heat pump etc but money is a lot. Also coming from a leaf 24 which I have been driving for a number of years, would be a massive upgrade. He will also reduce price to what garage offered. I think I will go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

What do people think about the FSD for 7.5k? I'm thinking it could be worth it for the resale value alone. Presumably in 5 years a second hand Model 3 with FSD would get at least 7.5k more than one without (this is assuming FSD has had a reasonable rollout in Ireland by that time). Big assumption I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What do people think about the FSD for 7.5k? I'm thinking it could be worth it for the resale value alone. Presumably in 5 years a second hand Model 3 with FSD would get at least 7.5k more than one without (this is assuming FSD has had a reasonable rollout in Ireland by that time). Big assumption I know.

Would not bother. The BETA footage is not inspiring and I expect the amount of red tape to get it across the line will be longer than the lifetime of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭mouthful

J-W wrote: »
    Iv reschedule my order for early as possible 2021.

I have found this whole thing very frustrating and very amateur.
    Said day one I wanted to order for 2021.
    Txt a month ago asking if I wanted it early . Said no 2021 that was fine .
    Then the txt the other day for the 4th of December . Contacted them said no 2021 . Today a delivery appointment confirmed text 8th of December 11 o clock. Contacted them said 2021 and brought up the verbal agreement that they told me in the store. That I would pay the price agreed on the day I booked. Now they have renaged on that and I will have to pay the extra due to loss of the VRT grant. If I want a 2021 car .which was what I asked for all along

Just venting but it seems poor treatment of customers buying 50 grand cars

I had loads of chats with them and had understood the verbal commitments I received would be honoured. They were not!

Indeed even some written information I received was at best very inaccurate.

The car is great, but do not expect to be told factural information, or to have verbal commitments honoured.

I got it for the reasons you outline. No regrets especially with the videos coming out of the US, Canada and Norway next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭nc6000

I could be wrong but I believe FSD is linked to you rather than the car so if you go to sell it at a later point the FSD may not transfer to the new owner.

jhegarty wrote: »

I really like the changes they've made with the 2021 model. Does anyone know if the new Aero wheels covers can be taken off like before or if they're still using the same type wheel underneath them?

nc6000 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I believe FSD is linked to you rather than the car so if you go to sell it at a later point the FSD may not transfer to the new owner.

It's linked to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭EVGuy

jusmeig wrote: »
    Would not bother. The BETA footage is not inspiring and I expect the amount of red tape to get it across the line will be longer than the lifetime of the car.

In what way is the beta not inspiring? It looks amazing to me.

EVGuy wrote: »

Well for me, if I buy a car I want to drive it and don't want to be a passenger. I'm OK with some convenience but not FSD with that hire a driver who drives you around or get a taxi (this is my opinion). I want to enjoy the car especially for that price tag but that's again me not sure how others feel about it. However it looks interesting as a technological side of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Well for me, if I buy a car I want to drive it and don't want to be a passenger. I'm OK with some convenience but not FSD with that hire a driver who drives you around or get a taxi (this is my opinion). I want to enjoy the car especially for that price tag but that's again me not sure how others feel about it. However it looks interesting as a technological side of it.

FSD gives you the best of both worlds: terrified passenger and emergency driver. There is no more exciting way to get around.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    FSD gives you the best of both worlds: terrified passenger and emergency driver. There is no more exciting way to get around.

Especially if you add comments like, ‘the last time I was on this road it nearly put me under a lorry and worse, however we got a new update so it might be better now...... here goes!!!’

It works every time!

That's very different to what I quoted, this is "I'm not interested in FSD, period".

I want both options, I love driving but also want to be chauffeured when not in the mood or thinking about work or something and of course maybe even working/watching TV when the traffic is such that driving becomes a chore.

As ever YMMV, but that does not make the FSD beta "uninspiring" in the context of what it is trying to achieve.

Still plenty of moments where it would/is not not Fullying Driving itself, it is a beta I guess...

Maybe call it PSDS (Partial Self Driving Sometimes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

That's very different to what I quoted, this is "I'm not interested in FSD, period".

I want both options, I love driving but also want to be chauffeured when not in the mood or thinking about work or something and of course maybe even working/watching TV when the traffic is such that driving becomes a chore.

As ever YMMV, but that does not make the FSD beta "uninspiring" in the context of what it is trying to achieve.

I'm not interested in self driving with me in the car at all, I'm more interested in driving to my location, hop out of the car and it goes off to find a parking space outside the pay parking area then comes back to pick me up when I tell it to.

Imagine never having to search for parking again :D

No chances of that happening in Europe in the next 10 years with current tech anyway, would just take a bird sh!tting on the window to disable your car somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

redcup342 wrote: »
    I'm more interested in driving to my location, hop out of the car and it goes off to find a parking space outside the pay parking area then comes back to pick me up when I tell it to.

Imagine never having to search for parking again :D

No chances of that happening in Europe in the next 10 years

Mercedes already have it...........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I could be wrong.

Indeed you are :)
    FSD is linked to the car at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Kramer wrote: »
    Mercedes already have it...........

I don't think something that requires a special car park in specific locations is really that useful :)

Looks about as useful as the current summon feature on the Tesla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Your head would be melted following that Merc around the airport carpark.....

• Advertisement

That video was posted 2 days ago.

That video was posted 2 days ago.

Oops. Sorry for not paying more attention.

I'll just leave this here for those still thinking FSD will not work in the rain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHZziKzcuHU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

How's the price of a Model 3 Performance going next year, with the new rules?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

rocky wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Down slightly (2k or so).

Best time to buy will be Q1. You get the lower VAT and lower VRT. Normal VAT resumes from Q2 '21

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Down slightly (2k or so).

Best time to buy will be Q1. You get the lower VAT and lower VRT. Normal VAT resumes from Q2 '21

Hi I have asked before but perhaps you would confirm the invoice date when you purchased your Tesla was it when you ordered or when you collected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Vinnymcdonnell

I picked mine up in September (M3P), final invoice cost is the same as showing on the Tesla website now. However I think in January the €5,000 grant is lowering once over 40k and nothing when it goes over €50k, but VRT is half what it would be from 2020

So add €5k to all model 3’s as they all exceed €50k before grants and the half the VRT Which instead of 6k is now 3. Over all could be €2k more expensive in Jan and more so again when the VAT rate is back to 23%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

"Because taxes and fees are constantly changing and will depend on many factors, such as where you register the Vehicle, they wil be calculated closer to the time of delivery and indicated on your Final Price Sheet. You are responsible for paying these taxes and fees."

Above is from the Order Agreement. You'll be told a week or so before collection what your final price will be

rocky wrote: »
    Thanks.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115208865&postcount=288

Estimated delivery is February so before vat goes back up - was it mentioned here before that deliveries are end of quarter? What are the odds of getting the 21% vat?

• Advertisement

Estimated delivery is February so before vat goes back up - was it mentioned here before that deliveries are end of quarter? What are the odds of getting the 21% vat?

If your planning on ordering this is really a moot point . Delivery estimate says February. If you order you may get your car inside the Vat bracket .If you wait longer any period of time longer you are less likely to be inside the Vat bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭bf

Out of interest got a trade in valuation for my 1 year old Performance against a new one. Given history of low trade in offers from Tesla I was pleasantly surprised at €54k.

Price of a new Performance is a lot dearer than last year now though (company purchase) - not just the €3.5k grant loss

I really like the changes they've made with the 2021 model. Does anyone know if the new Aero wheels covers can be taken off like before or if they're still using the same type wheel underneath them?

This guy has a second video up....looks like the wheels are the same behind the new Aero covers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

I'm looking to trade in an ICE car for a Model 3 SR+ but not familiar with how Tesla deals with trade ins and evaluations. What is the best approach to this please? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eko wrote: »
    I'm looking to trade in an ICE car for a Model 3 SR+ but not familiar with how Tesla deals with trade ins and evaluations. What is the best approach to this please? Thanks!

sell it privately, Tesla will completely low ball it as they just offer it to other dealers.

1,000% you'll need to sell privately, unless you can afford to take a hit of a good few grand (depending on what you are selling).

If what you are selling is worth about €20,000 privately, Tesla will probably offer you in or around €12,000 for it...

(Dont be insulted by their low ball offer, as they do not deal with used ICE cars, they simply offer it out to the trade, and give you the highest offer they received for it)

I just got a trade-in quote on my Tesla and it was also stupidly low. Still over 1,000 times higher than my ICE one though. ;)

Fill out the form here : https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/tradein

Be prepared to loose several grand on the deal.

But given you may be trying to sell your car during a level 5 lockdown.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Thanks for all the replies, very useful indeed! Yeah, selling during this time might be a bit of an ask, and hoping to jump into an SR+ before the VRT and VAT changes after Q1 2021. I got a trade-in quote from VW on an ID.3 (sorry!) which was not too bad, so hoping for similar from Tesla, but from what you guys say, this is probably unlikely. Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies, very useful indeed! Yeah, selling during this time might be a bit of an ask, and hoping to jump into an SR+ before the VRT and VAT changes after Q1 2021. I got a trade-in quote from VW on an ID.3 (sorry!) which was not too bad, so hoping for similar from Tesla, but from what you guys say, this is probably unlikely. Thanks again!

Don't forget to use a referral if your ordering . Will get you and the referer some free superchargering km.

PM if need a code

• Advertisement
Advertisement