Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Running Related Stuff To Get You Through The Corona Crisis

13»

Comments



  • Murph_D wrote: »

    That easily could have been about me last year ;)




  • I'll put this here. Some might find it interesting. There's the athletics angle, the football angle, and the Alicia angle.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jl5qPRORgE

    A 400mt challenge.




  • Itziger wrote: »
    I'll put this here. Some might find it interesting. There's the athletics angle, the football angle, and the Alicia angle.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jl5qPRORgE

    A 400mt challenge.

    Hard to figure out how fast he ran as they edited out bits of the race. She's a low 52 runner but was definitely holding back. 54/55 for her. Maybe 58 for him?




  • Folks.

    Any ideas for Covid-19 restrictions related templates for events or has it been done to death?

    eg chipped timetrial/races over a set course.

    -(Level 3) one race per hour with 15 people.
    -mini races to get racing in + overall timetrial times.
    -Next races seeded based on last times.

    Covid-19 controls might included two arrival/departure carpark places so two consecutive races dont intermingle.

    Might be useful for club races or an alterative official or unoffical event.

    Any thoughts? Other ideas?


  • Advertisement


  • demfad wrote: »
    Folks.

    Any ideas for Covid-19 restrictions related templates for events or has it been done to death?

    eg chipped timetrial/races over a set course.

    -(Level 3) one race per hour with 15 people.
    -mini races to get racing in + overall timetrial times.
    -Next races seeded based on last times.

    Covid-19 controls might included two arrival/departure carpark places so two consecutive races dont intermingle.

    Might be useful for club races or an alterative official or unoffical event.

    Any thoughts? Other ideas?

    I'd save your energy and not bother trying to organise anything, as negative as that may sound. Level 5 is only a matter of time and you'll only cause yourself lots of headaches. :(




  • Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'd save your energy and not bother trying to organise anything, as negative as that may sound. Level 5 is only a matter of time and you'll only cause yourself lots of headaches. :(

    I know, but something to prepare for and look forward to late winter/early spring etc when hopefully the skies clear a little.




  • Chivito550 wrote: »
    I'd save your energy and not bother trying to organise anything, as negative as that may sound. Level 5 is only a matter of time and you'll only cause yourself lots of headaches. :(

    Sadly I agree, Time to.settle down for xmas and some easy running




  • What I don't quite get is why people aren't (maybe they are!) organising little challenges with the max amount of runners allowed. In June I think it was, a few of us organised a 5k and then a 10k 'race'. There were 8 or 10 of us for the 5k and half a dozen for the 10k. There wasn't that big a gap in terms of times and ability. I can imagine clubs would have more runners very close in that regard - we were just a loose group of running buddies.

    I guess anything less than 6 runners and it starts to lose its appeal.

    We might look to do a marathon next month actually cos a few of us were planning to do Metz this Sunday and it got cancelled with 4 days notice! I'll have to get the all clear from the Doc, and more importantly, the wife before doing it.




  • World Half Marathon starting on YouTube right now.


  • Advertisement


  • Watching it in fact...





  • For those who have read "Born to Run", this is a 30 for 30 documentary on the Tarahumara tribe airing today in the US.





  • New US outdoor (under 20) 5k record from Jenna Hutchins. 15:34.47.







  • No better place to train. The sand dunes are savage. Amazing beach to run on and then the forest




  • Dunno. Sand is very tough on the achilles for auld midpackers like me.




  • Murph_D wrote: »
    Dunno. Sand is very tough on the achilles for auld midpackers like me.

    There is hard sand for is auld lads




  • https://youtu.be/1aygs4EPbAU

    Gary Robbins 100 mile run..
    Some stunning scenery !!




  • Hi all,

    Does anybody know of anyone or any gyms who has or would be renting out gym equipment (bar,freeweights) during level 5 restrictions for the month of January ?

    Thanks in advance




  • As everyone's yearning for races seems to be increasing by the day, I find myself trawling YouTube for major marathon TV broadcasts just to remind/inspire myself of the buzz of a big race day.

    Came across footage, complete with splits, from the lead vehicles of Bekele's near miss at the Marathon WR in Berlin last time out.

    Prob not for everyone, but I enjoyed it. Quality of picture really gives you a good taste of Berlin on marathon day.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x6vciFm-CI


  • Advertisement


  • Top coaching tip in Viz Comic...

    http://viz.co.uk/2014/09/25/901/




  • Conor74 wrote: »
    Top coaching tip in Viz Comic...

    http://viz.co.uk/2014/09/25/901/

    Jez that brings me back. I remember when I was a teenager I used to go into Virgin Megastore on the quays and spend all my wages from my p/t job in a video shop on Viz t-shirts.




  • Well, Kipchoge's story is getting the Hollywood treatment.





  • Well, Kipchoge's story is getting the Hollywood treatment.


    The product placement is strong in that one.




  • Murph_D wrote: »
    The product placement is strong in that one.

    Just Sell It.™




  • Training a la Scullion.



Advertisement