Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones + Gojira, 06/06/2021 - 3 Arena

• 09-10-2020 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭

Great news, now to hope it goes ahead.

Tix 71.70 before fees. Assume Sunstroke is a goner so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Deftones have been a band I've kept missing for years.

I assume this will be a stripped back 3 Arena show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Semi-surprised to see them play 3Arena tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Passenger wrote: »
    Semi-surprised to see them play 3Arena tbh.
    Isn't really anywhere else to play after 2 sold out nights in Vicar Street, and that's before Gojira and whoever else from Download is on the bill...

Probably could have done 2 nights somewhere on a normal tour, if they didn't have Download to fit in too....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

If they get a rake of Download bands on the bill then happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Passenger wrote: »
    If they get a rake of Download bands on the bill then happy days.

€80 a pop you'd hope so.

Other wise that price is supplementing opening up the venue for what is possibly going to be a max of 4k/5k attendees.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Definitely getting tickets for this anyways, Even thought its 50/50 going ahead on that date. Was at their first Vicar St gig few years ago and they blew me away, Gojira are decent support as well.

With both Deftones/Gojira doing the 3Arena im guessing that might mean no Sunsroke unless they have gotten a new headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

That's Sunstroke cancelled so. Its first year cancelled and no second year is not good. I hope they didn't lose too much money and can get it going Summer 2022.

Gojira are one of the best live bands I've seen. Their music excels in a live environment. Hopefully the world is back together by then, its a stretch but we have to be positive a vaccine will be out early next year.

drawnacrol wrote: »
    That's Sunstroke cancelled so. Its first year cancelled and no second year is not good. I hope they didn't lose too much money and can get it going Summer 2022.

Gojira are one of the best live bands I've seen. Their music excels in a live environment. Hopefully the world is back together by then, its a stretch but we have to be positive a vaccine will be out early next year.

Id say the fact Sunstroke was a new festival they dont have the "brand" name to keep people's money till next year. Hopefully in 2022 they comeback with a bang

Looking at DL line up on the day Deftones are playing id take KSE being added but it will probably be Sepultura

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Greg81

Can anyone access the 3Presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Greg81 wrote: »
    Can anyone access the 3Presale?

No, not yet.
    Few people on Twitter with same problem - just link to Gary Barlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Greg81

Zwillinge wrote: »
    No, not yet.
    Few people on Twitter with same problem - just link to Gary Barlow.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bought tickets this morning.... I don't know why, as I cannot see the gig happening.. but :shrug:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Wouldn't go to an arena gig again, but €80 isn't too bad for just those two bands. €40 quid a band. Maybe a bit cheaper would be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

Id say the fact Sunstroke was a new festival they dont have the "brand" name to keep people's money till next year. Hopefully in 2022 they comeback with a bang

Looking at DL line up on the day Deftones are playing id take KSE being added but it will probably be Sepultura

It's hard to know what way next summer will go but all going well the world is back to normal in 2022. We could get some crazy good lineups at festivals. If Download really splash out then I can see Sunstroke happening. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a ticket there, should be a cracker if Vicar Street was anything to go by, if it will even go ahead is the worry for most of us...

Heard good things about Gojira from many on here, only heard about 2 of their tracks mind you and they seem decent, will check them out beforehand...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Got a ticket there, should be a cracker if Vicar Street was anything to go by, if it will even go ahead is the worry for most of us...

Heard good things about Gojira from many on here, only heard about 2 of their tracks mind you and they seem decent, will check them out beforehand...

Yea Vicar St was immense also my first time seeing them so gonna grab a ticket later tonight.

Chances of it going ahead in June are slim, if it does get postponed id say it would be June 2022 since they are doing festivals around the dublin date, unless they announced a winter tour for 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Granadino wrote: »
    Wouldn't go to an arena gig again, but €80 isn't too bad for just those two bands. €40 quid a band. Maybe a bit cheaper would be good...

80 euro is very steep.
    Deftones are playing Columbiahalle in Berlin and its 50 euro a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

This has cancelled written all over it.. They should title it the "2021 cancelation tour".

Maybe the ticket buys you access to a terminal from which to view the concert from your home computer. Nah , just joking.. Only Pearl Jam would do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zardoz wrote: »
    80 euro is very steep.
    Deftones are playing Columbiahalle in Berlin and its 50 euro a ticket.

Vicar St was €50 in 2017 with relatively unknown support.

Worth noting German concerts can sometimes have no eticket option and will cost €30 to post to Ireland.

Berlin has no Gojira either understandable as they could play that venue on their own there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

vojiwox wrote: »
    Who was the support again?

Skyharbour

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'd be more than happy to pay for a ticket closer to the time. The Vicar St. gig was one of the best gigs I've ever been to, and to add Gojira on top of that? Nice!

Advertisement