Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas TV 2020

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Great British Bake Off is back on Tuesday 22nd September at 8pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    The Great British Bake Off is back on Tuesday 22nd September at 8pm!

Going in the diary!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

News Review of the Year will need to be a mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

http://ukchristmastv.weebly.com/confirmed2020.html

Seems to be a few announced so far :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So it’s time for the Christmas TV 2020 thread. Know of any new specials this year? New movies coming etc

Turns out there is going to be a Britain’s got talent Christmas special.

https://www.underthechristmastree.co.uk/britains-got-talent-christmas-special/

BGT Christmas Special is postponed as the production got shut down after several crew members tested positive for COVID19.

The special will be filmed later in the year or early next year. And will now air sometime in 2021.

• Advertisement

Saw the first advert for "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" this morning, coming in November (from Wales!!) Always a solid stepping stone on the countdown IMO.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Saw the first advert for "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" this morning, coming in November (from Wales!!) Always a solid stepping stone on the countdown IMO.

It sure is. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be so interesting to see how they do it in Wales.

It sure is. I'm really looking forward to it. It will be so interesting to see how they do it in Wales.

Heard on the radio yesterday that is in doubt now as the area they are suppose to be filming in has had increased restrictions.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Heard on the radio yesterday that is in doubt now as the area they are suppose to be filming in has had increased restrictions.

Nothing online about it even the tabloids... I'm imagine it was just radio gossip to fill time. Sure the UK is going into heavier lockdowns but the Premier League can still go ahead and one PL club would have more staff and players than the entire production of I'm a celeb.

As the old saying goes... money talks....

Strictly 2020 kicks off tomorrow evening btw!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

touts wrote: »
    News Review of the Year will need to be a mini series.

Sports review of the year might be a good bit shorter though!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Heroditas wrote: »
    Sports review of the year might be a good bit shorter though!
    Just a bit. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

PaulT21 wrote: »

I had to stop myself reading too much but this so exciting! Love Eddie Murphy. I'm going to watch Coming to America tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 little bird

DvB wrote: »
    Strictly 2020 kicks off tomorrow evening btw!!!

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh
    Duh duh duh duh duh

I read this as the music was actually playing. :D

https://twitter.com/sarahmillican75/status/1317546247566348295?s=21

I’m not ashamed to admit I feel the tiniest bit emosh at stages watching it. It just feel like a big old cup of normal. I’m gonna be a wreck at Christmas and New Years at this rate :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Remember the days of the BBC Christmas specials

OFAH
    The Royle Family
    Vicar of Dibley
    Little Britain

Now we have Ms Browns Boys every year which has runs its course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

https://twitter.com/sarahmillican75/status/1317546247566348295?s=21

I’m not ashamed to admit I feel the tiniest bit emosh at stages watching it. It just feel like a big old cup of normal. I’m gonna be a wreck at Christmas and New Years at this rate :P

Me too thought it was just my hormones, I was seriously welling up with a lump in my throat,

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Remember the days of the BBC Christmas specials

OFAH
    The Royle Family
    Vicar of Dibley
    Little Britain

Now we have Ms Browns Boys every year which has runs its course

Morecambe and Wise as well.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I do love the great big quiz of the year!

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I do love the great big quiz of the year!

And Christmas bake off is always a decent watch.

Channel 4s lineup is steady. The usual suspects. Nothing to get too excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

I do hope theres not going to be loads of Corona and brexit shows, here's hoping the media give us all just a little break from all the negative crap we've had through the year.

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    I do hope theres not going to be loads of Corona and brexit shows, here's hoping the media give us all just a little break from all the negative crap we've had through the year.

Just avoid RTE. Doomongers that they are.

Haha, DvB- I was just going to post the same thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Heroditas

...with Tubs loading on the misery.
    "So you've had a great year but can we rewind to the time you said you were at your lowest? Tell us more about that"

Now folks, if this thread is just going to turn into Ryan Tubridy bashing... please continue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

I hope the toy show won’t do the usual of showing toys that are nigh on impossible to get. This year, a lot of people are having a hard time financially, the shops don’t have stock and there’s little time for parents to source these things. We may still have restrictions, so I hope that they have a bit of cop on this year.

• Advertisement

screamer wrote: »
    I hope the toy show won’t do the usual of showing toys that are nigh on impossible to get. This year, a lot of people are having a hard time financially, the shops don’t have stock and there’s little time for parents to source these things. We may still have restrictions, so I hope that they have a bit of cop on this year.

That's complete mis-information about stock. Smyths had to make a press release to confirm there is plenty of stock. You do know that firstly stock is bought MONTHS in advance of the busy season and secondly supply chain is still open in lockdown.

Please don't buy into the scaremongering from the FB experts, who said Mary down the road, well her daughter's next door neighbours cousin through marriage said that the toy shop have no stock.

Unnecessarily scaremongering only puts pressure on people who are already in pressurised times.

Advertisement