Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

St. Anne's

Options
  • 13-10-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I'm considering joining here next year and was wondering if there any members on here that could let me know about

1.general club atmosphere/how welcoming is it to new members
    2. How busy is the timesheet at weekends - any issues getting out?
    3. Being links is there qualifying all year round?
    4. Value compared to other clubs in the area
    5. Anything else worth noting?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

I'm considering joining here next year and was wondering if there any members on here that could let me know about
    /quote]

Very welcoming and friendly. Been a member for a number of years now but still new enough. Very pleasant clubhouse, staff, food and members. Winter league is great for getting to know other members.

Busy. If you're not on BRS at the exact time sheets come out, it's waiting list for you. You will get on a sheet from the waiting list, but obviously you can't choose time or partners.

No. Comps go down to 14 holes and even two 9s in winter. Although this may change with the new world handicap system coming in next month. Not aware of any plans either way.

Annual subs are in line with some local clubs (not all.) Hello money can be very little depending on age.

Centenary year next year, should be plenty going on (covid allowing of course) on course and in clubhouse, some good days and nights planned I think.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Thanks

Have you played it?

Some people have different reactions to it and I think you defo need to play it before joining it.

It’s location is a huge assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Have you played it?

Some people have different reactions to it and I think you defo need to play it before joining it.

It’s location is a huge assets.

I've played it once before a few years back and enjoyed it.

I've recently moved into the area and can see the clubhouse from my house so it makes sense to try and join there as opposed to the 30 min drive to my existing club

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

€7,500 entrance fee on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

I'm a member in St Anne's the last couple of years. My observations:

- Extremely friendly club, don't think you'll find better in that regard in Dublin
    - Lifestyle membership for U40s is excellent, no joining fee until you're 40, the only catch is that you can't play the captain's prize.
    - Because of lifestyle membership, there are a lot of young members and it has created a good buzz around the place, especially during Covid.
    - Timesheet is nuts at the moment, you need to be ready when it goes live. Covid has made the place much busier, but I believe it's the same everywhere.
    - I believe the course was in awful condition 7-10 years ago and that has impacted the reputation of the place. That's certainly not the case now, it's in good nick all the time.
    - The biggest drawback in my opinion is the lack of practice facilities. Chipping green are both grand, but not great. There's a short practice fairway with a green, but it's not great either.
    - The course itself is strong and challenging, if not mind blowing. It's very rare that it plays easy, it's always windy and there really isn't an easy hole that you'd say is a guaranteed birdie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement