Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event - October 13th 2020

Options

Comments

Camera, finally something important and at least there’s upgrades. That new main sensor better sort out the awful portrait mode the 11 has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

peteeeed wrote: »
    The 4 was my favourite

Yeah loved my 4. I've since gone to the darkside but hoping to be tempted back to iOS someday.......but not today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Same on my end. It's three years now since I purchased the X so would usually upgrade now or would have done so already.

I'm definitely seriously tempted but I'm not feeling that 'must have' wow factor that I had many times before.

Exactly my feelings, I know I'd get the benefits of 3 generations of upgrades, but I wouldn't be exited like I have been with previous iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

If they haven't mentioned USB-C yet there is zero chance this iPhone won't have lightening is there? :(

Never had an iPhone before, and was seriously considering moving from android - have an iPad pro and macbook pro and they are all USB-C as has basically everything else I own - am I being ridiculous to be this put off by having to deal with lightening? :/

Mark Gurman was talking about the removal of the charging port on Twitter earlier. Don't know if he was talking about today or next-gen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Great to see MagSafe back lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If they haven't mentioned USB-C yet there is zero chance this iPhone won't have lightening is there? :(

Never had an iPhone before, and was seriously considering moving from android - have an iPad pro and macbook pro and they are all USB-C as has basically everything else I own - am I being ridiculous to be this put off by having to deal with lightening? :/

It's going to be lightening to USB-C. Leaked ages ago

They need to bump the max charging speed on the iPhone. 15W still ins't great. Better than 7.5W I suppose.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Mark Gurman was talking about the removal of the charging port on Twitter earlier. Don't know if he was talking about today or next-gen though.

Until they crack ultra fast wireless charging that would be a pain

The MagSafe wallet - $199 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Here's Lisa socially distanced from the roof

On the roof haha. Apple really pushed the quality of this.

Climate talk = no more charger and EarPods confirmed.

Lisa about no chargers and headphones

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did he say 15W wireless charging? Is that not slow compared to the competition?

I liked the way the cases can be held on with the magnets though.

Lisa forgot to remind us that removing these items also reduces costs :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I hope she has magsafe shoes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

We're saving the world by not giving you what you got before

I'll be honest and say I don't even take the accessories out of the box anymore. But I can see people kicking up a big fuss over this for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I'm actually not against it to be honest, especially the headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Aren’t they great. Are the removing them from any iPhone bought in the future. So say I buy an iPhone 11 in a few months is there no charger in it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Did he say 15W wireless charging? Is that not slow compared to the competition?

I liked the way the cases can be held on with the magnets though.

Currently the max is 7.5W. I’m dubious about this. Are they adding the watch portion of the foldable thing to this figure?

People are going to criticise Apple for the charger & headphones but I think it's a good call and it will be followed by other phone companies who will escape criticism like when the headphone port was removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Ehhh Pro Max??

100% up next

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Aren’t they great. Are the removing them from any iPhone bought in the future. So say I buy an iPhone 11 in a few months is there no charger in it ?

The 11 will probably be discontinued.

Are the 12 and 12 mini 60Hz? I don’t recall them mention anything other than the resolution.

Thought that iPhone mini was going to be some "one more thing" type announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

So Apple have invented 5G it looks like?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

murpho999 wrote: »
    The 11 will probably be discontinued.

Well it’s just I’m due an upgrade at the start of next year and was wondering what phones I could get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Currently the max is 7.5W. I’m dubious about this. Are they adding the watch portion of the foldable thing to this figure?

Max on iPhone is 7.5W but Samsung, One Plus and a good few others are quicker I think.

I just pop my P30 Pro down at night when I'm going to bed so speed isn't that necessary but it would be very handy to get a quick boost during the day from time to time.

Advertisement