Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pearl jam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will it get a DVD/Blu Ray release, Think ill wait and see

Stream only available in US

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Had a look at the setlist there. Not very spectacular.
    Maybe it's just the back-to-back whammy of Mind Your Manners and then Lightning Bolt that stood out to me, and it putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,213 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hyde Park took months to sell out.

False...…

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any news in the seattle show been released on DVD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

greenspurs wrote: »
    False...…

Its not false.
    It sold out on Ticketmaster perhaps but AXS, who run the event had tickets for a few months afterwards.
    They released them in batches.

• Advertisement

Watched Into The Wild tonight and really enjoyed it. Thought it would be all hipster and preacy but wasant. Never knew it was a true story and such an amazing sad one at that

Eddie's music makes it even better

Watched Into The Wild tonight and really enjoyed it. Thought it would be all hipster and preacy but wasant. Never knew it was a true story and such an amazing sad one at that

Eddie's music makes it even better

:eek::eek::eek:

What took you so long !?! :P

The book that its based on is probably better (books usually are), but you don't get to hear Ed Vedd ….

The authorities recently removed the "Magic Bus" .

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/wild-bus-airlifted-out-wilderness-180975165/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Its not false.
    It sold out on Ticketmaster perhaps but AXS, who run the event had tickets for a few months afterwards.
    They released them in batches.

Isn't the original claim that "they struggled to sell out" redundant if the tickets were released in batches, which by in large sold out?

Isn't the original claim that "they struggled to sell out" redundant if the tickets were released in batches, which by in large sold out?

People said it sold out quickly, it didn't.

Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready says "I am a white person who benefits from racism"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2 nights hyde park announced

• Advertisement

People said it sold out quickly, it didn't.

If each batch sold out as released is it not essentially the same thing.

EDIT: Also if it was the struggle, when then have they now booked two nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Just got tickets for Hyde Park 2021. Decided to go both nights, will get two different set lists anyway so should be good, make a weekend out of it!

Let's hope it actually takes place!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

This new song is excellent:

Nice song, sort of reminds me of Yield, or some interesting b-side you'd come across.

How's Gigaton sitting with people over the last few months? I have to admit I played it probably twice when it came out and haven't played it since.

Exited for the gigs though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Nice song, sort of reminds me of Yield, or some interesting b-side you'd come across.

How's Gigaton sitting with people over the last few months? I have to admit I played it probably twice when it came out and haven't played it since.

Exited for the gigs though!

Lovin it. For me, it's got great longevity. I got sick fairly quickly of trying to like the last 2 PJ albums. And just gave up and wrote them off. More so Lightening Bolt than Backspacer.
    But love throwing on Gigaton. Great rhythm to the tunes. Catchy but not cheesy like some of the Backspacer songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

finhex wrote: »
    This new song is excellent:

Not one of PJ’s best imo.

I would say it's probably an outtake from Gigaton rather than a new recording. I'd imagine they would record a lot of material and then trim it down.

I must give Gigaton another go then. I listened to Backspacer way more than Lightning Bolt, which for me has to rank as their worst album (although Riot Act was never a favourite of mine). Thing is, I don't really have a good time to listen to it. When I'm working I tend to listen to more electronic / instrumental music. Or in the evenings something a bit mellower than Pearl Jam.

Not a bad song but its dreadfully mixed again like most of the songs on Gigaton .
    They all sound distorted.

Not a bad song but its dreadfully mixed again like most of the songs on Gigaton .
    They all sound distorted.

Didn't think it sounded that distorted, but that's what rock music is like these days, mastered to be "loud at any volume", with no thought for dynamics or space between the instruments. Saying that, I didn't think Gigaton was mastered too badly.

Does anyone know how Paddy Casey ended up 'supporting' PEaRl JAm in the Point in 2006 ?

I have asked the man himself, and he cant remember !
    It has always baffled me how it happened !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Does anyone know how Paddy Casey ended up 'supporting' PEaRl JAm in the Point in 2006 ?

I thought they were on the same record label......if correct surely Paddy should have remembered that :-)

I thought they were on the same record label......if correct surely Paddy should have remembered that :-)

Maybe.

He cant remember anyway ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

What's the point?

Interslice wrote: »
    What's the point?

"uhh...its... uh.. this ...uhhh... cool little place in dublin ....uhh"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

Felt a bit bad for him that night, didn't get a break from the crowd at all, but he stuck with it. Never liked his stuff, still didn't after I heard it live either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭fluke

If I remember correctly Wolfmother were the support on the rest of that European tour. MCD were always stingy as regards support acts.

I liked him actually.

I even went "WTF" when i heard his name being announced that night, and in fairness he had a look of disbelief himself up on stage !

There was some issue with the tour support band, I can't remember what. But someone pulled out, or there was confusion over contracts and they weren't being covered for that. There was a **** up anyway, think it might have been Wolfmother.

Anyway, he told a funny story about it on the radio around then, he was only informed that morning. He tells the tale, saying he was eating his cornflakes and Desmond from MCD called him.

Looking on spofiy quite a few Pearl Jam Christmas songs on it, which is a little odd

I do like 'Let Me Sleep (it's Christmas Time) and 'Don't Believe in Christmas'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Looking on spofiy quite a few Pearl Jam Christmas songs on it, which is a little odd

I do like 'Let Me Sleep (it's Christmas Time) and 'Don't Believe in Christmas'

Why is it a little odd? They used to do a Ten Club Christmas thing every year for paid up members.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Advertisement