Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Purgative wrote: »
    No from me too. Not a great song for a tacky formulaic film.

Kol am I right in thinking this one got a lot of noms?

I don't want to say directly before the contest starts, but going by opinion here, you can probably guess :)
    Its more likely it only got 1 nomination. Songs with multiple nominations tend to automatically secure a spot in Round 1.

Normally yes, but, I have spiced things up this time. All songs facing the boardsies have been picked at random from all songs nominated, and such result will override seeding due to nominations. So, you may find multi nominated songs in this pre-tournament round and they can get relegated to the qualifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 85,115 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Voting Yes please, but what.a.song to start off the weekend (sniffle) - never saw the film, but how did anyone survive the 70's with sad sons like this?

Jamie O'Neal - All by Myself (Bridget Jones's Diary) will start in the qualifiers

• Advertisement

Face the Boardsies - Day 4

AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll) (School of Rock)

Yes or No to Round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Sorry no - I haven't liked any of these pre-qualifiers :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm on the fence about this one. Gonna let the others decide as I don't mind whether it goes straight through or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hell yes!

ImperfectKeenAmethystgemclam-small.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Also on the fence for this one: captures nicely the essence of the film but isn't an amazing cover.

mmm. . . I will vote No for now (although it is possible that I will vote for it in the qualifiers, draw permitting)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think it'll have to be a No from me.

AC/DC - It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll) (School of Rock) will start in the qualifiers,

Saturday night means one thing, face the boardsies bonus song

Face the Boardsies - Bonus Song

Hugh Jackman - From Now On (The Greatest Showman)

Yes or No to Round 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

YES!!!!

Love that movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Never seen the movie, sounds great though!

Yes from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Voting no out of spite because you heartless bastards said no to the School of Rock kids.

Also there's better songs in that movie and I don't want the entire soundtrack in this

I'm a bit indifferent and could vote either way on this one, but I agree with Shane and have no interest in seeing the entire Greatest Showmam soundtrack (as some people have alluded to nominating the whole thing) make its way into Round 1...

Its a No from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

No. Sorry not my thing. Its the sort of film my wife would watch and I'd happily do the washing up/ walk the dog / have an early night - to avoid.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,115 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I vote yes to both

Yes, yes, yes!!! Can't have too many songs from The Greatest Showman!

I reckon it'll be a case of diminishing returns for The Greatest Showman in the end... we've seen it time and time again in these tournaments, the more songs one artist (or in this case movie) has, the more likely the majority will vote against it out of tedium at seeing it appear over and over, especially when a small few keep gushing over it.

Sure, I'm already fed up with it in this tournament at just the idea of all the entries we'll presumably see from it.

I reckon it'll be a case of diminishing returns for The Greatest Showman in the end... we've seen it time and time again in these tournaments, the more songs one artist (or in this case movie) has, the more likely the majority will vote against it out of tedium at seeing it appear over and over, especially when a small few keep gushing over it.

Sure, I'm already fed up with it in this tournament at just the idea of all the entries we'll presumably see from it.

Quite possibly and I don't expect (or want really) any individual song from the film to win. The Greatest Showman is more about the whole atmosphere and the feel good factor of listening to the songs while watching the film.

I don't mind them progressing to Round 1, but there's only one I'll be really looking out for

ba1863649cc13494592a6b38196eeb5d.gif

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Quite possibly and I don't expect (or want really) any individual song from the film to win. The Greatest Showman is more about the whole atmosphere and the feel good factor of listening to the songs while watching the film.

Never actually seen it, its been hyped up too much, to the point that I probably won't enjoy it when I do eventually watch it, because it won't manage to live up to expectations. I do know and like the main song from it, and will give any song that appears in the tournament a fair listen, but can see myself voting against most of them already, just for my own amusement... :pac:

Never actually seen it, its been hyped up too much, to the point that I probably won't enjoy it when I do eventually watch it, because it won't manage to live up to expectations. I do know and like the main song from it, and will give any song that appears in the tournament a fair listen, but can see myself voting against most of them already, just for my own amusement... :pac:

Not a film for everyone for sure.
    I've seen it 4 or 5 times. I don't consider it a masterpiece but I love musicals and it has such a feel good factor and I totally empathize with all the different characters, the whole idea of being different.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Not a film for everyone for sure.
    I've seen it 4 or 5 times. I don't consider it a masterpiece but I love musicals and it has such a feel good factor and I totally empathize with all the different characters, the whole idea of being different.

Big fan of musicals myself, but I often find the more other people tell me how amazing something is, the less I tend to enjoy it when I do check it out, regardless of how much I like the genre/actors/etc. Its the main reason I haven't watched it yet, too many people told me I should watch it.

Sounds insane when I say it like that, but I think its because I don't like being told what to do or how to feel, and people have told me, "You have to watch The Greatest Showman! You'll love it!" which just makes me think, "well now I don't want to" ;)

Big fan of musicals myself, but I often find the more other people tell me how amazing something is, the less I tend to enjoy it when I do check it out, regardless of how much I like the genre/actors/etc. Its the main reason I haven't watched it yet, too many people told me I should watch it.

Sounds insane when I say it like that, but I think its because I don't like being told what to do or how to feel, and people have told me, "You have to watch The Greatest Showman! You'll love it!" which just makes me think, "well now I don't want to" ;)

It's a pile of sh1te, you'd absolutely hate it. And if there's one thing I know it's the type of movies LeVar hates

;)

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    It's a pile of sh1te, you'd absolutely hate it. And if there's one thing I know it's the type of movies LeVar hates

;)

This might be something that Reverse Psyhology and Negging could actually work for. :pac:

Advertisement