Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV summit Thursday October 15th online at evsummit.ie

Options
  • 09-10-2020 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭

I have not seen much talk here but ESB e-cars hold a mostly business to business event each year on a weekday where they give talks about Electric Vehicles. Many commercial suppliers have stands there such as charger suppliers, and in the past it was expensive ticketed event. This year its all online with even the speakers at their homes.

The line up and topics looks impressive.

[url]Http://www.evsummit.ie[/url]

125 euro a ticket + vat says it all really, but it does get a lot of press coverage and people talking. ESB might (re) launch their hubs again like they did 2 years ago I think it was, maybe last year...

They might think of running something on a weekend for the public any year now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 One Question

125 euro?
    Plus VAT?
    Virtual event?
    Someone is on an expense acct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Do I recall ESB giving away electric cars for 6 months to customers who just happened to be family and friends of those organising the competition.

Not to be confused with Father Ted.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Do I recall ESB giving away electric cars for 6 months to customers who just happened to be family and friends of those organising the competition.

Not to be confused with Father Ted.

That was a real farce alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

That was a real farce alright.
    It was the Mitsubishi/PSA joint venture car. Its always stick in my memory and left a bad memory.

I'd love to go electric tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭zg3409

60:50 including vat with coupon code IEVA, as mentioned by Irish EV owners association , supposedly for members only. Add coupon code when buying a ticket. You don't gat access to other attendees information

https://www.evsummit.ie/product/virtual-pass/?utm_campaign=Summit+2020&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=95535243&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8zR9mElZ3VKUjdTNo_DsaN7gT72uxeSe5J3Hs6MYHMzP0u92NKHf6Fsexi1vIoQS22qaJAAB89TtB4IONs2Sj9ysHr7Q&utm_content=95535243&utm_source=hs_email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Maybe our mighty ESB could show the corporate international fee paying audience how it's done. How you install a world leading public charging network (not with your own money of course, no, funded by the tax payer). Their best performance in 2020 was to "upgrade" some AC chargers from dual 22kW to single 2kW while also allowing one car at a time to "rapid" charge at 44kW. No sign of any "superhubs", at their very best charge points 2 cars can charge at the same time. 2!!!

At the same time, Tesla is about to install 200 stall superchargers (250-300kW, not 44kW). At zero cost to the tax payer.

Please, please, please, all of you, do your best to take the ESB away from being involved in car charging. It's a total waste of your money. Talk about it online, lobby your local politicians. Try to make sure your money is better spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,583 ✭✭✭zg3409

Just a bump to say this is on tomorrow. There should be some social media with any big announcements which we can discuss here.

Advertisement