Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Competition Score Entry

Options
  • 09-10-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Played an open comp in Palmerstown on Wednesday. Shot 37 off 11 and whilst it won't get near winning. It may affect my 10.5 handicap.

The machine was not working on Wednesday and the cards were being manually entered by the lad in the pro shop.

I see no record of it on Master Scoreboard (Not sure should i?) and my handicap remains unchanged.

Playing in my home club on Sunday and just want to make sure i action something if i have to.

Also, can anyone point me to results of said open comp in Ptown on Wednesday.
    Nothing on the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Can you check golfnet if it is there under unprocessed away scores?

you should cut yourself based on the SSS of the course and play off your new handicap. as you are on 10.5, you should probably play off 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ring the pro shop, he will be able to tell you the css for the day at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

etxp wrote: »

This.
    Lots of people seem to think their handicap record is kept on masterscoreboard or howidido or whatever scoring system their club uses.

Not the case. Your Actual handicap record is Only accessible on the GUI site, Www.golfnet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

Hi Guys

Played an open comp in Palmerstown on Wednesday. Shot 37 off 11 and whilst it won't get near winning. It may affect my 10.5 handicap.

The machine was not working on Wednesday and the cards were being manually entered by the lad in the pro shop.

I see no record of it on Master Scoreboard (Not sure should i?) and my handicap remains unchanged.

Playing in my home club on Sunday and just want to make sure i action something if i have to.

Also, can anyone point me to results of said open comp in Ptown on Wednesday.
    Nothing on the site.

I'm a member in palmerstown and checked the results

37 was good enough for 3rd on Wednesday

The competition was a non qualifying event so shouldn't make a difference to your handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommo 76

etxp wrote: »

Just on this. I have some unprocessed away scores showing on Golfnet, why do they remain unprocessed? What are the steps for getting them processed, is it a case my home club get a notification and need to acknowledge?

• Advertisement

Tommo 76 wrote: »
    Just on this. I have some unprocessed away scores showing on Golfnet, why do they remain unprocessed? What are the steps for getting them processed, is it a case my home club get a notification and need to acknowledge?

you need to talk to your home club handicap secretary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Tommo 76 wrote: »
    Normally what happens is that your handicap secretary runs a GolfNet update (usually before processing a home competition) in order to pull in any away scores from members that may have handicap implications for the competition they are closing. Even a 0.1 can change a handicap upwards if it's at x.4 for example as well as scores that would result in a cut. This isn't something that they would do every day, so if it's from an open comp during the week, you might not see it on your home record until the weekend.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Normally what happens is that your handicap secretary runs a GolfNet update (usually before processing a home competition) in order to pull in any away scores from members that may have handicap implications for the competition they are closing. Even a 0.1 can change a handicap upwards if it's at x.4 for example as well as scores that would result in a cut. This isn't something that they would do every day, so if it's from an open comp during the week, you might not see it on your home record until the weekend.

Thanks for the details, good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Is it not your responsibility to play off the correct handicap for competition and adjust your handicap to take into consideration unprocessed cards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

ger664 wrote: »
    Is it not your responsibility to play off the correct handicap for competition and adjust your handicap to take into consideration unprocessed cards ?
    He hasn't said he's playing a competition before the unprocessed scores have been added to his record. Just questioning why they are unprocessed.

• Advertisement

Yes, the unprocessed scores still include all the details so there’s no issue with me ensuring I’m off the correct handicap, was just wondering more so what happens to get them “processed” on the system as I’ve seen this issue previously, but the above posters have clarified the process.

it is your responsibility to cut yourself if applicable, even if golf net hasn't been updated.
    on the flip side though if you are due a .1 back and it would make a difference, you are not allowed to apply this.

Advertisement