Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiver advice

Options
  • 08-10-2020 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭

I've first pick in the waiver wire tomorrow and I've narrowed my options down to Cavani, Telles or Partey.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I've first pick in the waiver wire tomorrow and I've narrowed my options down to Cavani, Telles or Partey.

Any thoughts?

Partey - DM, barley scores or assists throughout his career. Are there more attacking mids around to target instead of Partey?
    Cavani - 33 and hasn't played/trained since March, when will he be fit and even then will he be starting or a squad player. I'd guess squad player, coming off the bench a lot with a few starts thrown in.
    Telles - I know nothing about him really, but racked up a lot of assists and goals last year for Porto. He may be the best bet but not sure I've ever noticed him when watching Porto (once/twice a year maybe).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Fromvert wrote: »
    Partey - DM, barley scores or assists throughout his career. Are there more attacking mids around to target instead of Partey?
    Cavani - 33 and hasn't played/trained since March, when will he be fit and even then will he be starting or a squad player. I'd guess squad player, coming off the bench a lot with a few starts thrown in.
    Telles - I know nothing about him really, but racked up a lot of assists and goals last year for Porto. He may be the best bet but not sure I've ever noticed him when watching Porto (once/twice a year maybe).

I have Grealish, Havertz, Neves, Townsend and Walcott in my midfield - with Mendy as my defensive guy already.

I'm wary of using the number 1 slot on a defender due to the amount of goals that are going in this season.

I more or less settled on Cavani, I have Mitrovic and Werner up front s if he goes well I can use him as trade bait as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I have Grealish, Havertz, Neves, Townsend and Walcott in my midfield - with Mendy as my defensive guy already.
    This guy has balls

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭PatrickSmithUS

Shedite27 wrote: »
    This guy has balls

Had to dump Walcott for Mendy (Chelsea keeper) got injured.

It was a punt. Townsend has been class though.

Advertisement