Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Claddagh cam gone?

Options
  • 08-10-2020 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about Claddagh Cam?! It's been down for a few months now. Wonder is it coming back or is it finished for good now... :/ Loved to watch it nowandagain to get a feel for the city when I wasn't shtuck in the middle of the City streets.. :D:pac::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://thecladdagh.com/webcam/

It isn't gone but there is a technical problem that they haven't fixed since spring I think.
    cannot load m3u8 crossdomain access denied

Their mobile page still has a Santa hat on the logo, that's how often they attend their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

biko wrote: »
    [

Their mobile page still has a Santa hat on the logo, that's how often they attend their website...

They’re just ahead of the game for this Christmas :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Christmas gonna be cancelled by look of things...:p:mad::(

I'll be neither be able to watch nor walk around our lovely City....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

oh I thought something had me looking at it over the summer, so surprised by it being spring that it was closed since.
    definitely had me looking at it during lockdown cos I remember the absence of people on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I took a screenshots from that webcam when it was still working
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112873623&postcount=312 March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I may just be thinking it was later in teh year and it was the idea that there was so little pedestrian traffic in the streets that had me looking, during the first wave of lockdown. Just remember looking earlier thsi year.
    Probably not as interesting if there are somewhat normal levels of population on the street. THough not sure that is what things returned to so far. I mean I've seen Shop st/Mainguard st with people on and thought about taking other routes to get around crowd.

Advertisement