Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Trying to identify a short film I saw on Channel 4 in the late 90s . Think it was set in Manchester or North Of England. Drunk lad is out with his friends and decides to go for a curry by himself (I remember the line "I'm ****ting starving). He goes to an Indian restaurant and because he hasent enough money he asks a guy if he can eat yer mans half finished meal. Yer man agrees and when the main guy finishes it yer man stands up and you can see hes got curry all down his shirt , he them says "I've already eaten it once". Then yer man gets sick and it ends. The implication is that hes eating a curry that the other guy already ate and then regurgitated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

I think it was in a tv series i saw many years ago. There is a toxin in a tube and the tube is left in a stream. Often during the episode it shows the tube in the stream

I was sure it was Hawaii Five 0, Three Dead Cows at Makapu but there is not a scene of the tube in the stream in that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Toxins and test tubes make me think of Heroes, but I don't remember a stream.

New Home wrote: »
    Toxins and test tubes make me think of Heroes, but I don't remember a stream.
    way before heroes. 70's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Can somebody help put me out of my misery here?

I read a review last night of a film title I'd seen somewhere, thinking I'd take a look at it again tonight. Now I can't find any reference to it?

I think its a new film (I might have seen the name in a list of torrents and looked it up or it might have been on Prime?) and its the story of a girl who is bullied at school and then gets her revenge when she becomes a werewolf (I'm easily pleased). There again she might become a vampire I've just looked up so many films trying to find it I'm not really sure anymore.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,206 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Werewolf movie... could be Ginger Snaps?
    But thats not a recent release.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,318 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Werewolf movie... could be Ginger Snaps?
    But thats not a recent release.

Funnily enough I remember the film I'm looking for led me on to look up Ginger Snaps. So Ginger Snaps maybe the same genre? I was hoping my imdb history would show up something but I've looked up so many films since its dropped off the list. Just realised I must have a link somewhere in my internet history?

Edit - Was the only film I looked up in Rotten Tomatoes so was easy to find when I remembered that. It must have been a torrent as its only been released a week. I am Lisa - I originally looked it up thinking it might be something to do with the Simpsons LOL. Anyway the Rotten Tomato score seems a bit of scam at 88% particularly as imdb is showing 3.8 so I might give it a miss.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Funnily enough I remember the film I'm looking for led me on to look up Ginger Snaps. So Ginger Snaps maybe the same genre? I was hoping my imdb history would show up something but I've looked up so many films since its dropped off the list. Just realised I must have a link somewhere in my internet history?

Edit - Was the only film I looked up in Rotten Tomatoes so was easy to find when I remembered that. It must have been a torrent as its only been released a week. I am Lisa - I originally looked it up thinking it might be something to do with the Simpsons LOL. Anyway the Rotten Tomato score seems a bit of scam at 88% particularly as imdb is showing 3.8 so I might give it a miss.

Was just about to suggest "I am Lisa". I thought the trailer made it look like it might deliver some Halloween fun, but 3.8 suggests an absolute stinker. Think I'll avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,206 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ginger Snaps is similar genre story... but much better reviews!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Maybe a movie or possibly a TV show were a boy gets glasses that show who is a vampire, I think his neighbour is one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

redmgar wrote: »
    Maybe a movie or possibly a TV show were a boy gets glasses that show who is a vampire, I think his neighbour is one.

Its not They Live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Its not They Live

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0650881/

sounds similar, I was thinking of eerie indiana, when you desrcibed it. I can't remember any films like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RobMc59

Silver bullet?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Bullet_(film)

A film where i think a older man is taken in to the family home. Horror. Recent enough i think

It Comes At Night. My description was out

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭redrums

Tryin to id movie , Must have been young when i saw it , think it was from 50s or 60s era film .
    All I remember is these children go to heaven for some they hadn't died There they meet there unborn brother who is a grown adult in heaven only other seen is this couple in heaven been separted as 1 of them is going to be born on earth , I know sounds weird alright For some reason stuck in my head ,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

redrums wrote: »
    Tryin to id movie , Must have been young when i saw it , think it was from 50s or 60s era film .
    All I remember is these children go to heaven for some they hadn't died There they meet there unborn brother who is a grown adult in heaven only other seen is this couple in heaven been separted as 1 of them is going to be born on earth , I know sounds weird alright For some reason stuck in my head ,

Not weird at all, I looked for a film with a similar theme that I saw some Sunday afternoon in the 1980s. The one I was thinking of was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Bird_(1940_film) There is a long scene of "people waiting to be born".
    Maybe its the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭redrums

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Not weird at all, I looked for a film with a similar theme that I saw some Sunday afternoon in the 1980s. The one I was thinking of was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Bird_(1940_film) There is a long scene of "people waiting to be born".
    Maybe its the same one?[/QUO\

I think you are right , I had thought blue was in the title as well , yeah must have been the 1 time RTE showed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

redrums wrote: »
    yeah must have been the 1 time RTE showed it
    looks like its on available on youtube though

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Subbuteo

Here’s one that i only remember from an odd image. I think it was a samurai film i saw as a child in the 80s- an old man is approached by warriors on horseback, who drape a large flag or tapestry over him, then proceed to trample him. Might be kurosawa? I don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Horror movie from the 70's. Similar to the Omen or Exorcist I think (as in strange goings on that cause bad things to happen). The scene I remember is in maybe the desert? Maybe an archaeological dig? Guy falls from a cliff and gets a rope wrapped round his neck. I remember a really loud crack when the rope/cable tightens. Scared the bejaysus out of me as a kid. Would like to see it again.

thought it was The Mummy (not the Brendan Fraser one), but don't think that's it

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Thanatosgratus

Rather than being Universals mummy could it be one of the Hammer House of Horror mummy films?

Rather than being Universals mummy could it be one of the Hammer House of Horror mummy films?

I don't think so, I checked the 1959 version as well, no dice. I think they might be a little before it's time. The hanging scene I mentioned was very graphic, reminded me of the hanging scene at the start of The Omen, so I doubt anything pre 1970 would've had it. Thanks though. I may be off with The Mummy reference, it's just what was in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

a family moves into a haunted house, that has poltergeist activity. I remember 2 scenes vividly, the church not believing the family sends a priest to live with them for a week, but nothing happens whilst the priest is there and he leaves.

The family decide to go away for a weekend picnic and bring an oil lamp with them that was in the basement. Somehow the poltergeist travels with them via the lamp; possession somehow.

I think it is based on a True Story (if you believe this sort of thing). I am a horror fan and as such have seen many a horror film, but cannot place this movie.

Just to add, saw this in the 80's on TV.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    a family moves into a haunted house, that has poltergeist activity. I remember 2 scenes vividly, the church not believing the family sends a priest to live with them for a week, but nothing happens whilst the priest is there and he leaves.

The family decide to go away for a weekend picnic and bring an oil lamp with them that was in the basement. Somehow the poltergeist travels with them via the lamp; possession somehow.

I think it is based on a True Story (if you believe this sort of thing). I am a horror fan and as such have seen many a horror film, but cannot place this movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amityville_4:_The_Evil_Escapes

Never seen the above, but there's a lamp and a priest living with the family.

Or maybe this?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

johndoe99 wrote: »

Could it be "the entity"?

I don't recall a picnic scene, but it is based on a true story and was in the 80s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amityville_4:_The_Evil_Escapes

Never seen the above, but there's a lamp and a priest living with the family.

Or maybe this?

I have seen the Amityville collection, though there is a possessed lamp, it's not the film.

The lamp in question is a small oil lamp that the family brings to the picnic and lights so the parents can stay out late chatting.

Its not the second either, But thanks.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Could it be "the entity"?

I don't recall a picnic scene, but it is based on a true story and was in the 80s

I have the Entity movie, and that's not it, but thanks for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Another horror movie.70's/80's. Think it was on the deadly earnest horror show on Sky
    A couple buy a house and discover a blocked up fireplace in the basement, they open it and it's empty. I think it might be covered with a square metal plate with bolts in it.
    That night we see the bolts being unscrewed form the inside.
    There is a devil/dragon statue in the house.
    There's is a weird jar of slime in one of the cupboards.
    The wife sends the husband a home movie of herself singing/dancing on the outdoor porch while he is away working. He stops it and sees a black shadow in the window of the house with glowing eyes.
    I don't think it is 'Don't be afraid of the Dark' as I don't think there were little demons in it, but a similar premise

Horror movie from the 70's. Similar to the Omen or Exorcist I think (as in strange goings on that cause bad things to happen). The scene I remember is in maybe the desert? Maybe an archaeological dig? Guy falls from a cliff and gets a rope wrapped round his neck. I remember a really loud crack when the rope/cable tightens. Scared the bejaysus out of me as a kid. Would like to see it again.

thought it was The Mummy (not the Brendan Fraser one), but don't think that's it

thanks.

This was The Awakening (1980) by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Mulk wrote: »
    Another horror movie.70's/80's. Think it was on the deadly earnest horror show on Sky
    A couple buy a house and discover a blocked up fireplace in the basement, they open it and it's empty. I think it might be covered with a square metal plate with bolts in it.
    That night we see the bolts being unscrewed form the inside.
    There is a devil/dragon statue in the house.
    There's is a weird jar of slime in one of the cupboards.
    The wife sends the husband a home movie of herself singing/dancing on the outdoor porch while he is away working. He stops it and sees a black shadow in the window of the house with glowing eyes.
    I don't think it is 'Don't be afraid of the Dark' as I don't think there were little demons in it, but a similar premise

Possibly Something Evil (directed by a young Spielberg)?

Advertisement