Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair built-in microwave?

Options
  • 08-10-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

The turntable on my built-in Neff 1000W microwave has stopped turning. The oven is working fine otherwise. Would it be possible to have this repaired or am I looking at a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Probably just the motor, should be a pretty cheap repair. If it was me I'd probably have a go at it myself if I could get the part, depends on how handy you are though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Alun wrote: »
    Probably just the motor, should be a pretty cheap repair. If it was me I'd probably have a go at it myself if I could get the part, depends on how handy you are though.
    Would have to get somebody in, but who/what? Contact appliances shop? If it was me I'd probably drop screws down some crack never to be seen again or lean on the open door and snap it off it's hinges. That's how handy I am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

You'd probably be better bringing it into some independent repair place.

You'd probably be better bringing it into some independent repair place.
    It's built in. Power is somewhere on the wall behind the units that I can't see or access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It went in some how, it has to come out some how!
    Neff do explicitly list turn table motor as a repair item on the website.

• Advertisement

Managed to get it out of the cabinet all by my own self and brought in to applicance repair shop. They replaced the motor for €20.

Advertisement