Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Current government politics and EVs (see Mod Note post #1)

Options
  • 30-09-2020 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Mod Note: Starting this thread as there is a clear desire to discuss the impact of the current government and it's politics with regards to EVs, any broader discussion re politics will be removed, take it to the politics forum.
    Decoda wrote: »
    How did you get on with your dealer? I'm looking at the ID4 1st with the metallic blue, I'd be looking at coming out of my PCP with 1 year remaining on my Tiguan HL....interested to see whether its viable for me to do it and what my monthly payments would increase by.

I called my dealer this afternoon about going in tomorrow to discuss the ID4 and didn't get a great response, no info available yet, too early to say when delivery could be...got an almost disinterested response from the sales guy.

There’s a frustrating air of confusion in the industry at the minute as if the Greens get their way they could decimate the new car market next year. So it’s hard to show anyone enthusiasm until the budget comes out.

I’m not for a second condoning his disinterest just possible reason why

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭carsfan2

L-M wrote: »
    There’s a frustrating air of confusion in the industry at the minute as if the Greens get their way they could decimate the new car market next year. So it’s hard to show anyone enthusiasm until the budget comes out.

I’m not for a second condoning his disinterest just possible reason why

What are the greens proposals that would be detrimental to the market?
    I would have thought they learned their lesson after what they did when last in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

carsfan2 wrote: »
    What are the greens proposals that would be detrimental to the market?
    I would have thought they learned their lesson after what they did when last in power.

I haven't heard of any specific proposals, but a lot of people from extinction rebellion have joined the greens and they tend to be somewhat anti cars in general, not just anti ICE

That's not to say I entirely disagree with them, we definitely need more people using public transport, but there's also a lot of people who will always need to use a car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I haven't heard of any specific proposals, but a lot of people from extinction rebellion have joined the greens and they tend to be somewhat anti cars in general, not just anti ICE

If that's true then they should be kicked out, there's no place in Politics for this kind of social media created groups that all go online trying to force their opinions and agendas on everyone else.

If that's true then they should be kicked out, there's no place in Politics for this kind of social media created groups that all go online trying to force their opinions and agendas on everyone else.

I don't know how much truth there is in it, I suspect a lot of people are 'members' of extinction rebellion and don't really do anything about it.

There does seem to be a bit of an identity crisis within the party between more pragmatically minded folks and folks who keep yammering on about the bees (again, it's a problem, but gotta get the emissions under control as well or it's all for naught)

Answer them better to tackle the plastic issue and rubbish tipping all over the Island, all along the motorways, no one cleans it up, it's shocking. But no lets get everyone on Bicycles, reduce the motorway limit to 80 to save the earth....mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Uh oh, Mad_Lad has been triggered again :pac:

Someone from the greens was on Pat Kenny yesterday (I think, the days whizz by). When he could get a word in edgeways past Pat's insane ranting (god I hate that man) he tried to point out that the greens aren't trying to get rid of all cars in Dublin, but they are considering emissions-free zones like in other cities to improve air quality.

This would have a positive impact on EV take up.

Sorry have been banned from replying to such matters.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Sorry have been banned from replying to such matters.

Not banned, just asked them to keep it out of the other specific threads :D

I think we should change this thread to the "Mad_lad wind up" thread :D

Suggested topics:
    Irish politics
    Why Range extenders are rubbish
    How the i3 is a terrible car
    Why Mad_lad should buy a VW E-up
    The excellent state of the roads around Waterford (bit of a guess there from Mad_lad mentioning the M9)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

JEebus this is like a drunken thread :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement