Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media loses Sony Movies Classic

Options
  • 01-10-2020 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭

I noticed last night that my tv no longer has Sony Movies Classic. Virgin have confirmed they no longer have the channel. While it's not a big loss in the short term, as it turns into some bizarre Christmas movies channel for the three months before Christmas, it's a nice channel for classic movies the rest of the time.

I'm not really sure what this thread could be, other than the info above, but sure let's suck it and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Brian_Graham

Yup, True Movies 1. Couldn't believe my eyes, Christmas movie channel in September. Madness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Yup, True Movies 1. Couldn't believe my eyes, Christmas movie channel in September. Madness.

It started in July!!! The world be batcrap nuts!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Does VM have the other Sony channels, and yes the idiotic Christmas films schedule until end of January is a massive waste. Talking Pictures must be happy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Does VM have the other Sony channels
    Not on the basic package, at any rate. Which was always a little annoying, seeing as they're freeview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I dunno how anyone would put up with cable for TV, satellite is so much better for it's flexibility. Still the broadband is fast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

I dunno how anyone would put up with cable for TV, satellite is so much better for it's flexibility. Still the broadband is fast...
    Limitations of apartment living. If I could put up a dish, I would. Freesat is an excellent service I've used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JerichoXX

Contacted Virgin media today as no information readily availiable, they confirmed Sony Christmas movies has been removed from their platform as of 29th September. Given the usual non answer as to why, that instead you can avail of Film 4 and TCM for great movies (already on platform so no new film content) and to wait in anticipation for new content on virgin media in near future.

Advertisement