Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann to move to single tickets only?

Options
  • 30-09-2020 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

So since last week, I can no longer buy online tickets for a bus journey between Wexford town and Rosslare harbour on Bus Eireann.

I mentioned this to the driver today as it was the first time I'd been on the bus since I noticed this happening and he said something along the lines that BE would be moving to a new way of selling tickets in the next few months in that there would only be single tickets each way and they'd be sold in the same way as plane tickets n that the earlier you book, the cheaper it would be.

Has anyone else heard any rumblings about this?

It also means I'll now have to have exact change every day when buying my ticket as you still can't use credit/debit cards and you can only buy single journey tickets with a leap card. Total madness.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

kmurph wrote: »
    So since last week, I can no longer buy online tickets for a bus journey between Wexford town and Rosslare harbour on Bus Eireann.

I mentioned this to the driver today as it was the first time I'd been on the bus since I noticed this happening and he said something along the lines that BE would be moving to a new way of selling tickets in the next few months in that there would only be single tickets each way and they'd be sold in the same way as plane tickets n that the earlier you book, the cheaper it would be.

Has anyone else heard any rumblings about this?

It also means I'll now have to have exact change every day when buying my ticket as you still can't use credit/debit cards and you can only buy single journey tickets with a leap card. Total madness.

I believe that there'll be an app that'll allow you buy tickets, and display them so that they can be scanned on the bus. The NTA have been trialling it this past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Geog1234

Just in case it may be of help online tickets are available for Wexford - Rosslare Europort on the train but, unhelpfully, the first train south is not until the middle of the day.

The online single fare is €4.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

CatInABox wrote: »
    I believe that there'll be an app that'll allow you buy tickets, and display them so that they can be scanned on the bus. The NTA have been trialling it this past while.

The driver did say they'll be getting new ticket machines also which will take card payments. But still seems an odd idea to just withdraw the ability to buy tickets online for whatever reason.

Advertisement