Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of having house etc. power washed

• 26-09-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies,

So this may be a bit odd post, but I was approached by a lot of "cowboys" asking if I needed to get my house (white parts), drive way, paved paths and patio power washed .... and quoted me some exorbitant prices.
    So I was wondering what is the going rate to get a whole standard size detached house (in a normal estate) power washed incl. drive way and paths/patio ?

And in case anyone has a good recommendation please PM me those :)

Cheers guys :o

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would it not be cheaper/easier/less risky to hire a setup for a day and do it yourself? Maybe do the neighbours too and split the cost?

http://www.hss.ie/stores/217/galway/galway-tuam-road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Or buy your own power washer. Nilfisk do very good quality domestic washers that aren’t too pricey. Argos often have them on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The few I've seen most are cowboys and blast dirt all over the place, and don't really clean things properly.

To do it properly takes quite a while and doing without creating a mess takes patience and time.

I'd never hire someone who randomly turned up at the door. If someone does a neighbours and does a good job then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

spurious wrote: »
    Would it not be cheaper/easier/less risky to hire a setup for a day and do it yourself? Maybe do the neighbours too and split the cost?

http://www.hss.ie/stores/217/galway/galway-tuam-road

Well - unfortunately not everyone is physically able to do it themselves .... :(
    Hence looking for options ....

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Or buy your own power washer. Nilfisk do very good quality domestic washers that aren’t too pricey. Argos often have them on offer.

..... same as previous reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

beauf wrote: »
    The few I've seen most are cowboys and blast dirt all over the place, and don't really clean things properly.

To do it properly takes quite a while and doing without creating a mess takes patience and time.

I'd never hire someone who randomly turned up at the door. If someone does a neighbours and does a good job then maybe.

Exactly my thoughts.
    A power washer in the wrong hands just does more harm than good. Dirt blasted everywhere. Paint blasted off walls, damaged driveway (you’ll lift tarmac with one easily enough...), etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

what kind of house is it. two story?

Recommended John Holland has worked on my house a few times.

https://cleaningdoctor.ie/galway-roscommon/

cena wrote: »
    what kind of house is it. two story?

Yeah ... 2 stories 4 bedrooms detached ....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JRH

There is big difference between proper professional power washer equiptment operated an experienced professional ... and some cheapo diy setup .
    Its a bit like hiring a paint sprayer to touch up your car , chances are youl make a mess , and waste your time and money .

There is also a difference between someone ( doing a bit of powerwashing for cash ) and a true professional .

Like everything you will get what you pay for .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

power washing can damage house
    unless you do it on low pressure

try just a hose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I like in rural Galway have a 5 bed detached house

I paid €280 last year to an experienced guy who done the house and low pressure washed the tarmac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Bazzy wrote: »

I paid €280 last year to an experienced guy who done the house and low pressure washed the tarmac

Can you PM me who you used?

Bazzy wrote: »

Pls PM me the name and details of this lad :)

Advertisement