Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I have him in my starting XI instead of Diangana, replaced Brewster for him, at the price willing to take the punt, feel he mightnt play this week after playing yesterday but after that he might, if he doesnt nothing lost as Brewster wont be playing

well you'll lose a free transfer when trying to move him on which are valuable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,540 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any news on saint max?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any news on saint max?

Just seen this comment from Steve Bruce quoted in a managers press conference summary:

“They’re the biggest doubts. Lewis has got an awful eye injury. He’s got a bad cut on it and we understand now the way things are with blood, so we’re just going to see how he is.
    Allan has got a slightly twisted ankle, so we’ll see how he is too. It’s a bit early yet for me to make the call before Sunday, but they’re the main two, along with Ciaran Clark, unfortunately. He hurt his thigh the other night, so I don’t think he’ll make it. But the other two, we’re hopeful.”

That sounds to me like he is doubtful to be back for the next game but Bruce isn't ruling it out. I think he was also saying Murphy played great in the EFL cup during the week so it wouldn't surprise me if he gave him a go at replacing Saint-Maximin with Saint-Maximin on the bench to come on if needed. Fraser has also done well and could play in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/gabrieljesus9/status/1309543328686444546?s=19

No word yet what it is or how long he will be out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

• Advertisement

Wonder will this make City go out and buy someone before the window closes. I wonder how many strikers in the PL would fit their bill and whose clubs would sell to them.

I didn’t think he’d post anything up on social media if it was a flu or a slight strain.

When it goes up on their own social media I’m think it’s a tad more serious.

Nearly pulled the trigger on a -16 earlier that included Jesus. It’s nearly scared me out of doing anything now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I didn’t think he’d post anything up on social media if it was a flu or a slight strain.

When it goes up on their own social media I’m think it’s a tad more serious.

Nearly pulled the trigger on a -16 earlier that included Jesus. It’s nearly scared me out of doing anything now.
    Would agree that the fact that he has posted on social media in that manner means it probably isn't a bit of bruising or some mild tightness.

Unless he happens to be a drama queen and we just never knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Looking forward to the first "Covid Saturday" when the **** hits the fan after a few positive Friday tests are announced post Saturday cutoff...or even worse an hour before

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Wonder will this make City go out and buy someone before the window closes. I wonder how many strikers in the PL would fit their bill and whose clubs would sell to them.
    Doubt it. There's only one more league game after this weekend and then a 2 week international break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Given that there’s an international break coming up, I wonder what ‘a while’ actually means.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jimmii wrote: »

So that’s why he was out at the weekend *worries about Podence*

jimmii wrote: »

Heard that yesterday but could find no source so didn't post it -

Also doesn't really affect FF

Heard that yesterday but could find no source so didn't post it -

Also doesn't really affect FF

He's surely been training with the rest of the squad, thats the unknown. Only a matter of time before some team has 3/4 cases simultaneously.

Dice75 wrote: »
    He's surely been training with the rest of the squad, thats the unknown. Only a matter of time before some team has 3/4 cases simultaneously.

Yea you would think that, but then again west ham lads only found out 45 mins before cup game that they had the virus and game went ahead.

Given the PL fixed stance on games not being cancelled, it's kinda of open to abuse - in that a club may refuse to state if a player has the virus until after a game, to avoid questions like the above,

Surely the team are close contacts for instance..

Yea you would think that, but then again west ham lads only found out 45 mins before cup game that they had the virus and game went ahead.

Given the PL fixed stance on games not being cancelled, it's kinda of open to abuse - in that a club may refuse to state if a player has the virus until after a game, to avoid questions like the above,

Surely the team are close contacts for instance..

Depends if the tests are independant or in-house

https://twitter.com/NizaarKinsella/status/1311043192851177472?s=19

Feck had decided to keep him another week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

A headache I could've done without this week.

A headache I could've done without this week.

Same. Hopefully it's just cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any update on Vardy? Was moving gingerly towards the end vs City, but surely he's OK?

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Any update on Vardy? Was moving gingerly towards the end vs City, but surely he's OK?

Rodgers said afterwards that it's an underlying hip problem that settles down after a few days so it sounds like he should be grand for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lampard just said Werner didn't take the pen because of cramp. Hopefully means he's okay for the weekend.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm not sure if it's a general PL policy or a Liverpool one, but positive test results do not have to be made public. Thiago chose to make his public.

We will see a lot of last minute 'muscle injuries' on the weekend of a game and a player miss 2 weeks as they are actually isolating but the player did not want to make the positive case public. The muscle injury is just a cover.

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's a general PL policy or a Liverpool one, but positive test results do not have to be made public. Thiago chose to make his public.

We will see a lot of last minute 'muscle injuries' on the weekend of a game and a player miss 2 weeks as they are actually isolating but the player did not want to make the positive case public. The muscle injury is just a cover.

So you think that son was covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Son went off mid game. It's not comparable.

Mourinho has said he expects to have Son back after international break. I think I’ll just be benching this week and hoping that it’s correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

No, but I do have a different theory.

FIFA are going to order clubs to release all players to their national teams for the upcoming International Break. Clubs were probably going to ask players to not travel, out of fear of entering a new dressing room with a new bubble etc and also heightened risk associated with travel but FIFA are ensuring that all players do travel.

So perhaps Spurs saying that Son has a small muscle injury so that he will not have to travel to Asia next week. Conveniently, he will heal just in time for the Spurs games after the International Break.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/sports/soccer/fifa-conmebol-world-cup-qualifying.html

Advertisement