Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Maybe the length of time was unexpected but Ben dinnery tweeted earlier saying augero was not going to feature this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    I feel like it would be a grave error to believe Pep about basically anything...

True! Think Jesus would be a good wildcard punt now though @klopparama!

When is that quote actually from ?

No ****in way he said that today or yesterday surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

klopparama wrote: »
    When is that quote actually from ?

No ****in way he said that today or yesterday surely ?

It's from today alright. Kun hasn't had one training session with the team since the injury so he's gonna be out for another 5 or 6 weeks I'd say.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/pep-guardiola-sergio-aguero-injury-update-63736060

I’ve seen a couple (15-25 second snippets) of Aguero’s training sessions and I thought they looked very very tentative.

So this news makes sense now.

Hard to ignore Jesus now I think. No team creates chances like M City do.

Damn. On a wildcard too so have to process all this info quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I’ve seen a couple (15-25 second snippets) of Aguero’s training sessions and I thought they looked very very tentative.

So this news makes sense now.

Hard to ignore Jesus now I think. No team creates chances like M City do.

Damn. On a wildcard too so have to process all this info quickly.

To be honest, I think Man City have a few tricky fixtures coming up. I'd rather watch them play and then decide what way they are looking. No Laporte or Mahrez or Aguero for one game at least, which is also away at Wolves. I know this doesn't help you decide I'm sorry but I wouldn't be clambering to get into Man City assets just yet. My current plan is to get Sterling in in the next couple of weeks but not asap.

Around the start of October when they play Leeds, arsenal & west ham is a better time for city players IMO. But then the next games are SHU, Liverpool & spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

It's from today alright. Kun hasn't had one training session with the team since the injury so he's gonna be out for another 5 or 6 weeks I'd say.

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/pep-guardiola-sergio-aguero-injury-update-63736060

I listen to the whole video - he doesn't mention anything about being out for 2 months - all he says is that Aguero hasn't had one training session yet - around 1:50 mark, unless there is another audio?

Fitz* wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Man City have a few tricky fixtures coming up. I'd rather watch them play and then decide what way they are looking. No Laporte or Mahrez or Aguero for one game at least, which is also away at Wolves. I know this doesn't help you decide I'm sorry but I wouldn't be clambering to get into Man City assets just yet. My current plan is to get Sterling in in the next couple of weeks but not asap.

Around the start of October when they play Leeds, arsenal & west ham is a better time for city players IMO. But then the next games are SHU, Liverpool & spurs.

I always try and make decisions on what may happen and not on what has happened (at least not very recently happened).

I think any good overall scores I’ve had are down to preacting rather than reacting. It’s M City. They create **** loads of chances. They have 2 strikers. One of them is missing. Only 1 available. It’s very very hard for me to ignore.

If he scores 3 goals in his next 2 games I’d have less interest in getting him in. Especially if I was deliberately getting him in prior to those goals. For me it’s about getting a player in before everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,039 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I always try and make decisions on what may happen and not on what has happened (at least not very recently happened).

I think any good overall scores I’ve had are down to preacting rather than reacting. It’s M City. They create **** loads of chances. They have 2 strikers. One of them is missing. Only 1 available. It’s very very hard for me to ignore.

If he scores 3 goals in his next 2 games I’d have less interest in getting him in. Especially if I was deliberately getting him in prior to those goals. For me it’s about getting a player in before everyone else.

Well in terms of predicting and not reacting, you're probably on the right track. I haven't been following the man city pre season too closely but as of now I would assume that

Aguero is ruled out. And so is Mahrez. So that takes away 2 attackers that can play.

Man city generally play 3, if not 4 attackers. That leaves Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Bernando Silva, and maybe Foden. Sterling is nearly always nailed on. That leaves Jesus + Silva who was not really trusted last year, Torres who is both new to City and also to the league and young and Bernado who was out of favour last season at the end. Foden was in favour.

I'd harbour a guess that Jesus would probably be the favourite to start, after Sterling, out of the rest of the attackers.

Torres & Mahrez may be the better selections long term IMO but it's hard to say that now before they have played a game. They are probably the 2 players most likely to be benched too. So right Jesus just may be the correct selection, especially on a wildcard.

And as you said, City create a lot of chances.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I listen to the whole video - he doesn't mention anything about being out for 2 months - all he says is that Aguero hasn't had one training session yet - around 1:50 mark, unless there is another audio?

Maybe try reading the article? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Maybe try reading the article? :D

ha yea i read the article - but why not show a video of him saying that Aguero will be out for 1/2 months - otherwise how do you know for certain he actually said it and it wasn't the editor of the article that decided to put his own opinion on it -

Hasn't trained with us one day - equating to - he's out for 1/2 months.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    ha yea i read the article - but why not show a video of him saying that Aguero will be out for 1/2 months - otherwise how do you know for certain he actually said it and it wasn't the editor of the article that decided to put his own opinion on it -

Hasn't trained with us one day - equating to - he's out for 1/2 months.

There's usually an embargo imposed after a short period of time in the presser and the comments about the two months out obviously came from the embargoed section later on in the day when the club issued it on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Gundogan positive Covid test - 10 days isolation, City players a risky propostion at the moment

Can’t find anything on Lamptey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dice75 wrote: »
    Gundogan positive Covid test - 10 days isolation, City players a risky propostion at the moment

I'm a horrible human when it comes to FPL.

My first thought was, oh my H2H rival has him, I wonder who his first sub is.

Fck me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Read some quote from Potter this morning. Lamptey had a tightness in some muscle and they thought about taking him off at HT. Then there was some mumbo jumbo about deciding to protect him and change tactics at same time.

Basically it was manager waffle and I'm none the wiser.

Benimar wrote: »
    Read some quote from Potter this morning. Lamptey had a tightness in some muscle and they thought about taking him off at HT. Then there was some mumbo jumbo about deciding to protect him and change tactics at same time.

Basically it was manager waffle and I'm none the wiser.

I’ve noticed in his games that he’s very very aggressive in the way he plays.

Doesn’t do anything at less than 100%. Could be a problem for him if he starts picking up strains or injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sky figured it was tactical, replaced a 5"6' fullback with a 6"7' fullback to deal with the long ball tactics of Newcastle

He’s yellow flagged on the site though and isn’t too far away from a rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sky figured it was tactical, replaced a 5"6' fullback with a 6"7' fullback to deal with the long ball tactics of Newcastle

Didn't watch the game (so probably shouldn't be commenting) but that seems a bit odd considering Newcastle took Carroll off at HT.

Regardless of tactics, no manager should be making a sub at 58 mins! Do they not understand that pressure we're under!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lamptey was kicked more time than the ball before he was subbed.

Think this could make him feel a bit of a pain here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Jesus out for a few weeks...time to draft in young Delap as a 4.5 option as i think he'll get minutes now, City fans raving about him before last nights goal so can only imagine it'll go into overdrive now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jesus out for a few weeks...time to draft in young Delap as a 4.5 option as i think he'll get minutes now, City fans raving about him before last nights goal so can only imagine it'll go into overdrive now

This is only a rumour. Best not to post it as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Sterling, Foden, Bilva, Aguero when fit, will all play up top ahead of Delap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Signs when you've been playing FF too long - when you've had a players dad in your fantasy team.

Rory Delap was a great FPL player back in the day, I probably had both Schmeichels in my team at some stage. Any other father-son combos? Ian Wright and SWP too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So what you're saying is, Delap could be an option toThrow In your team

tenor.gif?itemid=12299841

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Sterling, Foden, Bilva, Aguero when fit, will all play up top ahead of Delap.

Problem being Aguero and Bilva are not fit, Delap will not be a long term option but has a good deal of potential at 4.5m for the most attacking team in the league in the short term

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Signs when you've been playing FF too long - when you've had a players dad in your fantasy team.

Rory Delap was a great FPL player back in the day, I probably had both Schmeichels in my team at some stage. Any other father-son combos? Ian Wright and SWP too

The Sheff United youngster Ethan Ampadu's dad played for Arsenal and Ireland U21s, that's going back 30 years though so I dont think fantasy was even around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Problem being Aguero and Bilva are not fit, Delap will not be a long term option but has a good deal of potential at 4.5m for the most attacking team in the league in the short term

Would you start him though or look at his points from the bench?

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Would you start him though or look at his points from the bench?

I have him in my starting XI instead of Diangana, replaced Brewster for him, at the price willing to take the punt, feel he mightnt play this week after playing yesterday but after that he might, if he doesnt nothing lost as Brewster wont be playing

Advertisement