Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game News 2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Sooooooo.... according to Variety, Sega are developing a live-action Yakuza movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Sooooooo.... according to Variety, Sega are developing a live-action Yakuza movie.

People going to the cinema expecting a cool Japanese gang movie but instead getting a karaoke sing along with the odd cameo of a guy in just his jocks doing his sexy dance. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Meh.
    Tried Yakuza. Very dated format for me.

Maybe the movie will be hyper violence and could be worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Parsnips wrote: »
    Meh.
    Tried Yakuza. Very dated format for me.

Maybe the movie will be hyper violence and could be worth a watch

Hyper violence, then teach a dominatrix how to be intimidating as kids watch on, a little more hyper violence, some karaoke, more hyper violence, race hot wheels competitively and finish with some hyper violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

J. Marston wrote: »
    Hyper violence, then teach a dominatrix how to be intimidating as kids watch on, a little more hyper violence, some karaoke, more hyper violence, race hot wheels competitively and finish with some hyper violence.

I think Takashi Miike has done that already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Xenji wrote: »
    I think Takashi Miike has done that already.
    But imagine all that and Beat Takeshi.

(And hopefully less tempura)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Amazon Luna, At least they didn't pull a stadia and they actually have a sub option. €6 for 100 games is okay I guess. As it is an introduction offer I expect that to rise to €9.99.

The other interesting bit is the channels. You can subscribe to the Ubisoft one and get those games.

Twitch integration might give it a boost too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Will be interesting to see how this performs. I'm using stadia a lot and loving it. But if a service comes along that's better i have no problem moving. Personally i prefer buying the games i want to play rather than a subscription to games service, like xCloud or this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hideo Kojima has the worst taste in films so I shudder at the thoughts of what games he will pick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hideo Kojima rightly sits in the pantheon of game-making icons but he's an awful, hack filmmaker. On a par with David Cage with both being auteurs who desperately want to be film directors but lack the actual chops or capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hideo Kojima has the worst taste in films so I shudder at the thoughts of what games he will pick.

What movies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    What movies?

Just heard in a podcast years ago that him and the producer would go to movies all the time at Konami and if the producer hated the film or liked it Kojima was the total opposite. Kojima just seemed to like his generic action film shlock so loved crappy films like the replacement killers, Armageddon or sphere and think they are the next best thing in cinema while the producer would be baffled by his love for them.

I think his hiring of Ryûhei Kitamura to ruin direct the cutscenes for Twin Snakes is telling of his taste in schlock.

Just heard in a podcast years ago that him and the producer would go to movies all the time at Konami and if the producer hated the film or liked it Kojima was the total opposite. Kojima just seemed to like his generic action film shlock so loved crappy films like the replacement killers, Armageddon or sphere and think they are the next best thing in cinema while the producer would be baffled by his love for them.

I think his hiring of Ryûhei Kitamura to ruin direct the cutscenes for Twin Snakes is telling of his taste in schlock.

How dare you sir, how DARE you! That film is a national treasure!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How dare you sir, how DARE you! That film is a national treasure!

Steve Buscemi is a national treasure. The film is dirt without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Following on from this, it seems Ancel was one of the ones being investigated for toxic behaviour at Ubi. The story, including an interview with Ancel himself, is from French newspaper Libération via Kotaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Decade long hacking project by Chinese nationals targeted video game companies including in-game currencies.
    https://krebsonsecurity.com/2020/09/chinese-antivirus-firm-was-part-of-apt41-supply-chain-attack/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Series X embargo is up in 5 minutes, probably just for the BC stuff anyway.

EDIT: Apparently, anyway.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Series X embargo is up in 5 minutes, probably just for the BC stuff anyway.

EDIT: Apparently, anyway.

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1310564973484138500?s=19

• Advertisement

Hmm, I'd have expected them to be better than PC but it's early reports so far. Hopefully there's a full Digital Foundry video out later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hmm, I'd have expected them to be better than PC but it's early reports so far. Hopefully there's a full Digital Foundry video out later.

The games will need to be updated to push past what you'd see on PC, at least for now. I've no doubt that (expensive, top end) PC will be faster than next gen within a couple of years

Digital Foundry video on it is still in the works, but they did put out a tweet.

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/1310569066445377536

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CatInABox wrote: »
    Digital Foundry video on it is still in the works, but they did put out a tweet.

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/1310569066445377536

What's the difference in the pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The framerate is all I noticed. Seems like a very solid 60fps on the Series X, whereas the One X flows between 30-45.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The One X has that finger censorship

Yes, the Series X framerate is a locked 60, whereas the One X version varies between 30 - 40 fps. It'll make all those games with an unlocked framerate in 4k mode look and play amazing.

Can't watch the video. Did they answer the important question, how Ninja Gaiden Black runs in 4K?

I won't be convinced until I see new game running. The PS4 seems to have gotten stable 30 fps nailed on most games and I've a funny feeling this gen will be locked to 30 FPS again for most games. The graphical advantages going to 30 FPS are just too tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A still image of DOA 6? You know everyone is just wondering how the jiggle physics look now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

4k boobs are always welcome

Advertisement