Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen any Christmas trees in stock?

• 26-09-2020 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Hi Christmas Elves. Glad to see the forum is still ticking over nicely :)

I'm looking to get hold of a 7ft flat backed( half) Christmas tree at a budget price.
    I have relocated to a smaller property for this Christmas coming and can't use my 7ft full tree this year,so I am leaning towards a half tree, as I don't really like the pencil ones
    Argos do a 6ft one but not a 7ft one.Balsam Hill do 7ft ones but due to covid,my finances can't stretch for one of them this year :(
    Just wondering if anybody has seen any in stock yet around Dublin, or if you could post here if you do. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Sundew wrote: »

I'm looking to get hold of a 7ft flat backed( half) Christmas tree at a budget price.
    I have relocated to a smaller property for this Christmas coming and can't use my 7ft full tree this year,so I am leaning towards a half tree, as I don't really like the pencil ones
    Argos do a 6ft one but not a 7ft one.Balsam Hill do 7ft ones but due to covid,my finances can't stretch for one of them this year :(
    Just wondering if anybody has seen any in stock yet around Dublin, or if you could post here if you do. Cheers!

Maybe something like this from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Longacres-2-1m-Half-Artificial-Christmas/dp/B001HB61M2/ref=asc_df_B001HB61M2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=388367223092&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9907679538557697735&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20489&hvtargid=pla-826179308582&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=80894625738&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=388367223092&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9907679538557697735&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20489&hvtargid=pla-826179308582

You would need to use Parcel Wizard probably but if nothing shows up in Dublin, this might be an option:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Sundew wrote: »

there were loads of them in woodies today i couldnt believe my eyes
    .so if you check there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Rathwood have some for sale online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

there were loads of them in woodies today i couldnt believe my eyes
    .so if you check there?

Might pop over and have a look on Monday so :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

cut bottom off with hacksaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I heard a man on the radio who sells for Christmas trees for sale in Dublin and the number is 1800 333333 :D He said they’ve been very busy the last few weeks as people are buying they’re trees early this year :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Woodies have theirs in store now.

Autosport wrote: »
    I heard a man on the radio who sells for Christmas trees for sale in Dublin and the number is 1800 333333 :D He said they’ve been very busy the last few weeks as people are buying they’re trees early this year :)

My old neighbour has had her tree up since July. I'm not sure if she took it down at all. Only spotted it after lockdown! Must try an get a sneaky pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Are the ones in Woodies a good price? I think when they first brought them out last year a lot of them were half price but then went up to full price as soon as Halloween was over. I could be remembering this incorrectly though.
    I want to buy a new one this year. Will make the trip if they are on offer :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are the ones in Woodies a good price? I think when they first brought them out last year a lot of them were half price but then went up to full price as soon as Halloween was over. I could be remembering this incorrectly though.

If I’m being honest I feel woodies are overpriced for all of their Christmas stock even when it’s on “sale”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

B&Q have their trees out too, only a few different ones though, took a photo, will stick it up when I'm at my pc in the morning.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Loughc wrote: »
    If I’m being honest I feel woodies are overpriced for all of their Christmas stock even when it’s on “sale”

Any recommendations on where to shop for one? I need to see it before buying it. Thanks :)

Any recommendations on where to shop for one? I need to see it before buying it. Thanks :)

I recommend home store and more. I’ve had my one now 5 years still as full as always. And reasonable pricing as well.

Got mine in B&Q about 18 years ago ( half price in Dec). Probably seen better days but still looks good when decorated. It has clear droplets on end of branches which look like melting snow/ ice. You can see a pic of it on tree photo sticky 2 years ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Looked at the Woodies ones a couple of years ago. Wasn't impressed with them at all. Expensive for what you got. But maybe the trick is to buy them early.

I thought the 7ft ones in Woodies last year looked nice. But when I went back to buy one they were back up all full price. It's just not something I would be willing to pay full price for.
    I'm not really close to a Home Store or B&Q. But there's a Woodies a few km away. However, if i'm going to have it for years to come, then I'd like to get the nicest one at the best price :) Might be a bit more willing to travel for it......but there's the current restrictions to consider too.

o8khq4q.jpg

These the one's on display in B&Q i mentioned last night.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

DvB wrote: »
    o8khq4q.jpg

Beside the hot tub :D

Caranica wrote: »
    Beside the hot tub :D

Did give a nice outdoor wintery feel to it!:)

https://www.mcds.ie/ in Galway City, Athlone & Loughrea have their Christmas stock in. Their website and online shop are currently being updated, but if you check on their facebook page some tree photos and prices up. Sadly no half trees available :(

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    o8khq4q.jpg

The second one in looks lovely and full.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Rathwood in Co. Carlow has stock out, I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Woodies have their full range now, as do M&S.

For decorations....Harvey Norman have these lol

EZ living have 50% off trees this weekend.

I was in Woodies today. They have the trees out. The 7ft Wicklow pine that looked good on their website, looked terrible in person. The decent looking ones were 200-300.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got a lovely 'pop-up' tree in Woodies a few years ago, and it is still lasting well.

But I find their 'real' trees a bit meh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks for the heads up, they have an 8ft which is the size we are looking at, will have a look tomorrow.

https://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ah come on, do you really believe furniture shop half price sales.

They are as genuine as a Tesco own brand half price bottle of plonk

Darc19 wrote: »
    Ah come on, do you really believe furniture shop half price sales.

They are as genuine as a Tesco own brand half price bottle of plonk

Considering the price goes back up Monday yea I do believe in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Considering the price goes back up Monday yea I do believe in it.

Tesco fool some people by selling Domaine Arnaud at €16

Domaine Arnaud is utter muck, but some gullible people think that it's great value at €8 in a "half price" deal.

Do you REALLY think that some of these trees are worth €800?

Or that dfs "after event price" is a true price.

Advertisement