Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

liamog wrote: »
    ...We should start to see Kona's reaching the end of their 3 year PCPs, so I expect to start seeing them pop up more regularly, there were 302 registered in January '17

But they were not EVs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

slave1 wrote: »
    But they were not EVs

Yep, I had a complete booboo there, it was Jan'19 when the Kona came out, so probably late '21 early '22 before we start seeing them hit the market.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think the sweet spot is an early new model Ioniq, I let a £23.5k one slip last week. No other great value out there at the minute.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

liamog wrote: »
    Yep, I had a complete booboo there, it was Jan'19 when the Kona came out, so probably late '21 early '22 before we start seeing them hit the market.

Wonder how they'll price from dealers, or what their GMFV is/was. Kona electrics seem to be depreciating up to 20% in their first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

KCross wrote: »
    It is definitely a buyers market right now.

Next year could be even more challenging if a recession bites peoples pockets and they start hoarding what money they have.

Is it?

I have been considering changing up from a 2014 Leaf to maybe one with a bigger battery or an Ioniq. Maybe around the 2017 mark.

But I can't justify the cost at present as the price of the cars I'm looking at are far too much compared to what id get for my Leaf to pull the trigger.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is it?

I have been considering changing up from a 2014 Leaf to maybe one with a bigger battery or an Ioniq. Maybe around the 2017 mark.

But I can't justify the cost at present as the price of the cars I'm looking at are far too much compared to what id get for my Leaf to pull the trigger.

Because it's a buyers market.

18k for a 3 year old Ioniq is great value. Unfortunately others are looking for great value from your 2014 Leaf.

Because it's a buyers market.

18k for a 3 year old Ioniq is great value. Unfortunately others are looking for great value from your 2014 Leaf.

I might agree with you if you could show me All the 2017 Ioniqs for 18k.

The cheapest I can see on DD is 19300 and a private sale...the cheapest from dealers are nearly 20k and some dealers are even 22k.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,662 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The cheapest I can see on DD is 19300 and a private sale...the cheapest from dealers are nearly 20k and some dealers are even 22k.

Offer them a hard 18k then private sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,856 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The cheapest I can see on DD is 19300 and a private sale

You're not looking very hard :p

Here's one from a dealer with an asking price of €17,950

Linky

You'd get that for €17,500 cash if you have no trade in. It's white, but that's a pretty good deal.

unkel wrote: »
    You're not looking very hard :p

Here's one from a dealer with an asking price of €17,950

Linky

You'd get that for €17,500 cash if you have no trade in. It's white, but that's a pretty good deal.

Cheers Unkel.
    Not sure why that didn't show in my search.

Not keen on it in white...but a good deal.

• Advertisement

Not keen on it in white...

Yeah neither am I. But if you wrap the grille and the roof in glossy black and tint the rear windows, it will end up not half bad.

Personally I would pick another colour. Any other colour! Sorry to white Ioniq owners, no offense meant - that's just my personal taste!

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah neither am I. But if you wrap the grille and the roof in glossy black and tint the rear windows, it will end up not half bad.

Personally I would pick another colour. Any other colour! Sorry to white Ioniq owners, no offense meant - that's just my personal taste!

Wrapping certainly helps. Tint in the back too means I never use the parcel shelf.

(not my best pic, this was more a picture of charging at center parcs)

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭eagerv

White is my favourite colour in the Ioniq...:D

Always looks sharp, looks cleaner when a little dirty, safer in poor weather/vis, and cooler/ more efficient in hot weather. Just stay away from cow sh1te.:)

I don't like the white wheels though..

I'm not anti white cars btw, I've owned 2 including my Leaf which is white.

But for some reason the white Ioniq appears more white than a white Leaf if that doesn't sound stupid!

I'm not anti white cars btw, I've owned 2 including my Leaf which is white.

But for some reason the white Ioniq appears more white than a white Leaf if that doesn't sound stupid!

It is. It's a whiter white than my wifes Nissan Note. Think it's "polar white", and the name is justified whenever I wash both cars (I wash mine, I throw a sympathetic splash of water over the Note).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Hi there, thinking of Ioniq EV, saw a 2019 one on the web up north for £20k, was interested but nagging issue was whether the Odo/Speedo/Cruise Control could display in Km rather than Miles.

I have imported a Uk prius and whilst the odo is in miles, speedo display can switch between miles or km.

Anyone confirm what can be displayed in KM on an imported Ioniq.

The price of £20k circ €22k for 2019 with 8000 miles was apealing, as cheapest down south for 2019 was just shy of €26k, so say €25k for cash.

Thanks in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,452 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The speedo and odometer (and cruise control setting, trips etc) will still be in miles and cannot be changed.
    You get a digital readout in KM/H below the speedometer.

cloughy wrote: »
    The price of £20k circ €22k for 2019 with 8000 miles was apealing, as cheapest down south for 2019 was just shy of €26k, so say €25k for cash.

There was a super condition 2019 Ioniq for sale for a long time here (owned by one of the regulars) for €23k, but it looks like you just missed it, as it says "reserved" and "deposit taken" on the electricautos.ie website. You could give them a ring of course to get an update on that

Saw that one, it had 50k km, other had circ 13k, not saying anything wrong with the one in electricautos,

For the sake of about €1k would buy irish car, but next cheapest 19 one with low kms was over €25k

Does it have to be a 2019? There are more 2017 Ioniqs around, from about €17k occasionally for a white one, but realistically mostly from about €19k

• Advertisement

Doesnt have to be 2019, but 19k for a car that will be 4yrs old in a few months, that could have been bought got circ €26k is a lot, €17k would be a runner.

I saw a 17d one in Dublin for just under €20k but it was sold in a short time.

I have a 09 prius and just had the cat stolen, so looking to replace with an EV.

If you go up a few posts, you'll find the one I linked to which can be had for about €17.5k. It might be 3.5 years old at this stage, but that means you still have 1.5 years of bumper to bumper manufacturer warranty and 4.5 years warranty on the battery and drive train left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I know of two 2017 black Ioniqs sold in the last two months that both went for sub €18k and both were from dealers.
    “Asking” prices are exactly that. A dealer will do anything they can to prevent a cash buyer walking off the forecourt right now.

Zamboni wrote: »
    I know of two 2017 black Ioniqs sold in the last two months that both went for sub €18k and both were from dealers.
    “Asking” prices are exactly that. A dealer will do anything they can to prevent a cash buyer walking off the forecourt right now.

Maybe so, but it's awkward for me who is too far to travel to some of these dealers in the hope they knock 2k off a car, which lets be honest isn't likely.

If I call and ask what best price is they might think I'm a chancer who has no interest in buying.

I'll keep an eye out but the Leaf is still doing a decent job for me as it is, so no panic to change just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

The charge port has gone my 2018 plugin Ioniq. When I plug in the cable (granny or normal) you can hear the actuator trying to move if you put your ear close to it.

I see a few folks mention that there is a recall on these? I can't find anything official on it though.
    I'll be taking it to Hyundai dealer in Limerick - any feedback on them?

I bought it as an import earlier in the year so first time taking it to an Irish garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

ShRT wrote:
    I bought it as an import earlier in the year so first time taking it to an Irish garage.

I bought an imported demo 2018 in March of 2018.
    I've has all my services done in Limerick. Services are between 50 and 80 (dependent on filter replacements).
    I've has to get my actuator fixed on warranty a few months ago. I had it towed to the nearest dealership, which was castlebar. I dealt with then over the phone and they replaced under warranty without issue or question. They were actually very nice

ShRT wrote: »
    The charge port has gone my 2018 plugin Ioniq. When I plug in the cable (granny or normal) you can hear the actuator trying to move if you put your ear close to it.

I see a few folks mention that there is a recall on these? I can't find anything official on it though.
    I'll be taking it to Hyundai dealer in Limerick - any feedback on them?

There is/was a recall on it a few years ago. I had mine replaced before I bought the car, but that one failed me about 2 months ago. Took Kearys 4 weeks to get a replacement part for me as there was none in Ireland, UK or Europe and it had to come from Korea. Another user here said it took his dealer no time at all as they had a few of the part in stock.

You can "reset" the charge port so it might work again temporarily. Open the boot, lift the false floor, and in the well near the back bumper (center right) there's a flap you can open. It is a charge port actuator emergency release. Give that a yank, then lock, unlock the car. Plug the cable in, and see does it lock in place. It'll get you by if you're stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

I bought an imported demo 2018 in March of 2018.
    I've has all my services done in Limerick. Services are between 50 and 80 (dependent on filter replacements).
    I've has to get my actuator fixed on warranty a few months ago. I had it towed to the nearest dealership, which was castlebar. I dealt with then over the phone and they replaced under warranty without issue or question. They were actually very nice

Perfect! Sounds like it should be no issue then.

There is/was a recall on it a few years ago. I had mine replaced before I bought the car, but that one failed me about 2 months ago. Took Kearys 4 weeks to get a replacement part for me as there was none in Ireland, UK or Europe and it had to come from Korea. Another user here said it took his dealer no time at all as they had a few of the part in stock.

You can "reset" the charge port so it might work again temporarily. Open the boot, lift the false floor, and in the well near the back bumper (center right) there's a flap you can open. It is a charge port actuator emergency release. Give that a yank, then lock, unlock the car. Plug the cable in, and see does it lock in place. It'll get you by if you're stuck.

Thanks, I'll give that a lash. Joys of it being a phev is that I'm not too badly off. But it would be nicer to go back to running on EV 99% of the time.

ShRT wrote: »
    Perfect! Sounds like it should be no issue then.

Thanks, I'll give that a lash. Joys of it being a phev is that I'm not too badly off. But it would be nicer to go back to running on EV 99% of the time.

Ah, it's a plug in. Not sure where the release cable is so. Check the manual I guess, but there should be one. First I've heard of the phev one having this issue, though I guess not many sold here as far as I know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cluaindiuic

Zamboni wrote: »
    That was me :)
    I will take good care of her.

[Wipes away tear]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement