Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back home after my art class, watching the RTE news.

Rotten cold wet evening out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I hope they were helpful.

ah yeah, they were :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I accepted the job in Galway, and secured a room with some very nice flatmates. I don't start til Wednesday so don't know what to do with myself but to explore. Sorry Cork, maybe in the future, lol.I hope everyone is having a great night despite the cold and rain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I accepted the job in Galway, and secured a room with some very nice flatmates. I don't start til Wednesday so don't know what to do with myself but to explore. Sorry Cork, maybe in the future, lol.I hope everyone is having a great night despite the cold and rain.

Congratulations on the job and finding a place to live, massive achievements with all that is going on.. Hopefully I'll get to try your food or have a coffee in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

'What's the frequency, Kenneth?
    Is your benzedrine uh huh?"

Ear worm. Don't know why it's in my head but thought I'd share.

• Advertisement

Congratulations on the job and finding a place to live, massive achievements with all that is going on.. Hopefully I'll get to try your food or have a coffee in the future

I admit I was a bit scared starting over in a new place. But they have all been so welcoming and nice and it put me at ease a bit. If you do make it to my work, ask if Alej is in and then I will know know to treat you to the best of my ability.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I admit I was a bit scared starting over in a new place. But they have all been so welcoming and nice and it put me at ease a bit. If you do make it to my work, ask if Alej is in and then I will know know to treat you to the best of my ability.

No no, not looking for any preferred treatment, just wanted to say welcome ;)

I understand but the offer is there for you if it happens.And many thanks for the welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,833 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

(Please ask if he'd make onion rings for you)

Contemplating life for the last year here , funny how time slips past so quickly.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    (Please ask if he'd make onion rings for you)

Contemplating life for the last year here , funny how time slips past so quickly.

I can make a nice beer battered and garlic infused onion ring. That is my own concoction since I love using Garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I can make a nice beer battered and garlic infused onion ring. That is my own concoction since I love using Garlic.

....keep talking...

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Onion and garlic together in a beer battered ring of yummyness? I like your style.

I would like in on these onion rings please.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, I am glad I crashed early as with the storm that has hit sleep is out of the question! The climate out here is.... awesome and LOUD. VERY LOUD.

I wish I had cut the one sunflower I have managed to grow here. But not not not going out to rescue it... NOT!

So yes, abed. When covid arrived I developed suddenly severe arthritis and cannot stop eating. coviditis? Bizarre.. So here I am abed on a small weather-stranded island. That is one thing about me; you ALWAYS know where I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In the bed. Feeling hopeful and optimistic about something. Onwards and upwards. :)

May your dreams be lovely. Goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,044 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, Nespresso time followed by the gym. Hope all your test results are negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Echoing smurfs word, may the tests be negative... I seem to be glitch-side this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Espresso-side. It’s still dark! But clear! Hoping to get a couple or good snaps this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bit chilly this morning.

Snugged in until at least Monday. Unless the postman gets over with anything nasty! The wind is easing as light grows, and brightening. OH ! And the sunflower is fine! Still not quite open.. I tied a spare walking stick to it. lol... There are things where they were not last night out there. Warm and safe and at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Mama cats tame and feral will defend and protect their babas with claws. When Smudge had her babies she'd growl if anyone got too near the box. Except for me. When it was me she"d purr and roll back a bit as if to let me have a peek at her furry bundles. An honour of the highest order. Now they're grown and much bigger than she is she's happy to give them a random clatter from time to time just to remind them she's mother and they always concede to her. Gilbert is still a big Mummy's boy!
    When I was young our cat kittled in a neighbouring hay shed. I followed her one year and helped carry the kittens home . She always trusted me after that and every time she got me

cj maxx wrote: »
    When I was young our cat kittled in a neighbouring hay shed. I followed her one year and helped carry the kittens home . She always trusted me after that and every time she got me

One of my Siamese would deliver her first kitten, deposit it in my bed, ie with me therein, then go back and deliver another one.. Siamese are born with their eyes open and it was all very.....

Cracker of a morning today! :)

Down the pier.
    527384.JPG

Sandycove Silhouette.
    527383.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Working from home. But on the bed. Sun belting in and toastie warm. I suppose I will have to move to the home office and its wintery coldness in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭thomil

Desk-side in my home office, with a cup of tea, some stroopwaffels and J.S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos playing on the stereo. There are worse ways to spend a Friday at work, I’d say ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Couch, tea, chicken and stuffing sammich.

Couch, tea, chicken and stuffing sammich.

Possibly the greatest of all sammiches Grem! Can't beat an aul ham, egg mayo and tomato number either! :D Mmmmm when's lunch?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

The wee fella was negative as expected so back in work now.

Going... nowhere. Too tired even to light the fire but the sun on the window will warm the place. Glad to be in my safe cocoon. Plenty of chicken soup left.

• Advertisement

Possibly the greatest of all sammiches Grem! Can't beat an aul ham, egg mayo and tomato number either! :D Mmmmm when's lunch?! :pac:

Smoked bacon( rashers) drizzled with honey and with real butter on wholemeal is …

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement