Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

smurfjed wrote:
    Two nostrils? Does that count as one test or two ? I feel for the poor guy, did my 29th test yesterday with a new nurse, I wasn’t impressed with her heavy hand as she was seeking any brain cells that I might have left.

Yes but this is just inside the two nostrils for young children. They don't go right up there like with adults

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is a fair bite of winter in that morning out there.
    Am deskside and easing myself in to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Morning all!

Good luck today Auto! Hope all is OK :)

Woke up to bananas rain and thought the morning stretch was out, but it cleared up lovely for an hour! :D It's dark and raining again in the borough!

527264.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Poor mutt, damn cats :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couchside watching Young Wallander and drinking tea. Out later to get sinus meds, bugger..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Two nostrils? Does that count as one test or two ? I feel for the poor guy, did my 29th test yesterday with a new nurse, I wasn’t impressed with her heavy hand as she was seeking any brain cells that I might have left.

"Ah yes I remember it well! " The nurse claimed she hated doing the tests..

Meet Tonto; the stray who now loves to come on my bed! My most successful adoption ever. He is here now, purring fit to bust. So neglected and yet not an ounce of aggression; pure love.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good luck to Auto's mammy today.

I'm kitchenside about to go and do some more work work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Finally in from out , lovely weather out there !
    Coffee and ham salad roll time .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This guy stuck his head in somewhere and got walloped by a mommy cat.

527260.jpeg

How's his man bits now? :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Best of luck Auto's mammy!

Poor mutt got a clatter, I hope he's ok smurf!

Ah Buile, that picture made me laugh so much, the little tooth poking out and the other fella totally shocked :D

I got so many cat cuddles yesterday evening and during the night. It was so so lovely, they are so soothing, pets are the best.

At the airport again! This time waiting to fly to Aberdeen. There was a mix up with my bag but all sorted now. I swear I'm not moving a muscle tomorrow, I don't care if my bed is on fire :p

Almost the end of my day here. I still am "up" in the small hours to "call home" Easy for me at both ends. Have a lovely afterevening all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

How's his man bits now? :(

No drama news from the missus, will have to check with her. As for his face, he will have to learn to keep his nose away from feral cats with new born kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

No drama news from the missus, will have to check with her. As for his face, he will have to learn to keep his nose away from feral cats with new born kittens.

Mama cats tame and feral will defend and protect their babas with claws. When Smudge had her babies she'd growl if anyone got too near the box. Except for me. When it was me she"d purr and roll back a bit as if to let me have a peek at her furry bundles. An honour of the highest order. Now they're grown and much bigger than she is she's happy to give them a random clatter from time to time just to remind them she's mother and they always concede to her. Gilbert is still a big Mummy's boy!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just back from a good swim in my local gym/pool and heading off into town for my art class - the first physical one since lockdown in March. Looking forward! :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Just back from a good swim in my local gym/pool and heading off into town for my art class - the first physical one since lockdown in March. Looking forward! :)

Is the nude swimming still going ahead?

Watching Last of the Summer wine. Memories of a better time pre internet...... I know it's ironic I'm posting this on the internet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, trying to keep my mind busy

Had to have a COVID test earlier today, twas eye-watering and because I have a gag reflex, nearly vomit-inducing. Hope my result is negative

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mammy Auto got the all clear so it means she can finally start her physio :) Thanks for the well wishes :)

Now couchside watching David Attenborough about whales and seals :)

Fingers crossed you get the all clear Cat lady

Onshuh wrote: »
    Watching Last of the Summer wine. Memories of a better time pre internet...... I know it's ironic I'm posting this on the internet :D

Hah, I'm wat ching it too, not through choice. How's the little fella?

Cat lady, fingers crossed you get the all clear. The swabbing is a horrible sensation right enough.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote:
    Hah, I'm wat ching it too, not through choice. How's the little fella?

Ah he's grand thanks Sardi. Not a bother on him. Just a typical dose or side effect of teething is all he has I'd say. Hopefully we'll get a negative test result in the morning so we can go back to work etc and stop restricting our movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭3d4life

Watching Dr Zhivago . Memories of a better time pre internet...... :D

Thats great news about Mammy Auto

CCL, fingers crossed all is clear

3d4life wrote:
    Watching

I'm actually watching Dr Zhivago now aswell! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭3d4life

I'm actually watching Dr Zhivago now aswell! :pac:

click here if you need an emergency rendition of Lara's Theme

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

That's great news for your Mam Auto :)
    CCL, hope your test is negative .

I was just about to post to say Dr Zhivago is on! Not so much memories of a better time but a poignant depiction of how a life a can be moulded and changed by unstoppable forces of change, in the heart and in the world at large. Pertinent to our times?*

The film is a beautiful adaptation but I can't really enjoy it so much since I read the book. 'Lara's Theme' is lovely, though. Enjoy it, ye soppy gits!
    *Spoiler alert: no matter who has control of the forces of history, the heart will love who and what it loves. The Soviets didn't like that truth very much and didn't like Pasternack reminding the good folk of the Soviet Union in beautiful poetry and prose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside. Watching Succession. Good show.

Glad hear of your good news Auto! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Did you contact them CCL? I hope you're ok

sorry I didn't reply to this, but I did. They gave me some tips on how to handle distress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Couchside watching Masterchef Australia looking forward to that Friday feeling tomorrow. If I play my cards right I will leave my home desk at lunchtime ;)

• Advertisement

sorry I didn't reply to this, but I did. They gave me some tips on how to handle distress :)

I hope they were helpful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement