Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass

Options
  • 24-09-2020 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Bass.

Is Bass available on draft in many areas.

It featured on TV in a donegal pub as restrictions for the county were announced today.

For example I can't ever remember seeing it on draught in the Dublin region, even though it was Bertie Ahern's drink of choice.

In 1877 Bass was the largest brewery in the world.

A bottle of Bass featured in Edouard Manet's Bar at the Follie Bergers.

Any Bass drinkers on here.

I remember it being unremarkable.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

There are a few different beers that use the name Bass. The kegged and canned one you get here is essentially an Irish red, now brewed by C&C in Glasgow having previously been brewed by Interbrew in Belfast before that closed.

The cask Bass that the gammon get misty-eyed over is a bitter brewed by Marstons for AB InBev who own the brand. ABI also make a different bottled Bass at their own brewery in Salmesbury, mainly for export to the US but I think it's sold in GB too.

And then there's a Belgian-recipe Bass, which I think comes from Salmesbury too these days. There may be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The Goblet pub in Artane had it the last time I was in there which was some time in 2019, on tap

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Beaumont House had it when I was there. Anywhere Bertie drinks will probably have it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Last time I saw it in a bar was about a month ago and that was in a hotel in Cookstown. Some of the multiples in the North carry it in bottles and it's cheap enough; it's ages since I chanced it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I bought bottled Bass for GBP £1 in NI recently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement