Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

24567309

Comments



  • Back when the worlds governments were using facial recognition to track and control us all, but then did a complete 180 and are now using face coverings to control us?
    Facial biometric certification you say?

    Sure it will be more popular than ever shortly.
    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20200831-coronavirus-will-you-need-an-immunity-passport-to-travel?referer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2058066762%26page%3D65


    Can always put the face covering back on after the scan.






  • Something like this is a bit too far IMO.

    Agreed. Pile of shyte. Also what's with pronouncing Ireland as Oireland?




  • It was supposed to last 2 weeks but now we're 6 months into it. No chance of the "special powers" being given up. Yup, you'll be "tracked and traced" and have to submit to temperate checks etc for the rest of your life. Remember don't hug your loved ones or you'll kill them! Save your love for the State.




  • Remember in March when the same scared people were saying martial law was about to be implemented?

    That was gas craic.




  • The Nal wrote: »
    Remember in March when the same scared people were saying martial law was about to be implemented?

    That was gas craic.

    Yeah, funny how it wasn't straight up but rather a gradual change in freedoms... almost like *looks at thread title* the story of slowly boiling a frog.


  • Advertisement


  • ranto_boy wrote: »
    Yeah, funny how it wasn't straight up but rather a gradual change in freedoms... almost like *looks at thread title* the story of slowly boiling a frog.

    So they're all permanent but the pubs outside of Dublin are back open as are all schools.

    Right....




  • The Nal wrote: »
    So they're all permanent but the pubs outside of Dublin are back open as are all schools.

    Right....


    open but not as before.
    the governments lowest level still has restrictions like social distancing, no disco/nightclub/casino with no plan to go back to normal.
    that is concerning




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    open but not as before.
    the governments lowest level still has restrictions like social distancing, no disco/nightclub/casino with no plan to go back to normal.
    that is concerning

    Yup. That's martial law alright...




  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvbqTQUumvY&feature=youtu.be

    A heartbreaking and distressing analysis of the despair that many people feel right now.




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    open but not as before.
    the governments lowest level still has restrictions like social distancing, no disco/nightclub/casino with no plan to go back to normal.
    that is concerning

    Why would the government want these things closed forever?

    Why would any government willingly crash their economy?


  • Advertisement


  • The Nal wrote: »
    Why would the government want these things closed forever?

    Why would any government willingly crash their economy?

    So that society can be reset. Hence WEF's The Great Reset.

    We're supposed to believe that martial law (Victoria), endless lockdowns, muzzles, making people afraid to go near one another, health passports, destroying small businesses, wrecking mental health, livelihoods etc is reasonable for a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.

    Consider the following: MIT wrote in March that the world would not go back to normal. They knew it wouldn't in March. Klaus Schwab lamented in January that the US stock market was booming, and a couple of months later it crashes, WHO has said on numerous occasions that the world will not be going back to the 'old normal', a number of CEOs of major US corporations stood down just before the pandemic was declared.




  • VAT was introduced as a temporary measure to finance the WW2, decades later it is still there, just saying.




  • M256 wrote: »
    VAT was introduced as a temporary measure to finance the WW2, decades later it is still there, just saying.

    Thats not true.

    You're thinking of WW1 but the Germans flirted with it in the mid 1800s.

    VAT as we know it didn't really come in until the 70s and later in most countries. The USA don't have VAT.




  • The Nal wrote: »
    Why would the government want these things closed forever?

    Why would any government willingly crash their economy?


    Why indeed?


    Why are they doing any of this given the covid numbers?




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    Why indeed?


    Why are they doing any of this given the covid numbers?
    Because Covid is dangerous and you're just wrong about the level of danger because you're not a doctor or a virologist?

    What other explanation is there?




  • King Mob wrote: »
    Yup. That's martial law alright...


    they could do martial law. But easier to erode freedoms gradually less chance of resistance.
    Social distance effect the people mentally and psychologically. Wears people down and breaks the bonds in society...I see that has no plans to be eliminated.



    You can mock my thoughts and that's fine.
    But why haven't they an exit plan? No elimination of all the restrictions.


    Leo made some vague mention of a vaccine that may not come or may be a bag of sh1te.
    Why no targets to achieve in order to eliminate restrictions?




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    they could do martial law. But easier to erode freedoms gradually less chance of resistance.
    Sure. Like what happened in the last pandemic.




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    Why indeed?


    Why are they doing any of this given the covid numbers?

    Because we have a health system that can be easily overwhelmed with a small percentage increase of admissions. Just like whats happening in India, Brazil et al. And we have flu season still to come which put our hospitals under huge strain last year, and thats without covid.

    I may not agree with everything they're doing but, thats why.

    The alternative to above is to believe that every government, left, middle and right leaning, globally, have quickly come together with doctors, scientists etc and all agreed to implement this evil plan. Millions of people, all in on a secret plot.

    If anyone believes that, get help. Seriously.




  • The Nal wrote: »
    Because we have a health system that can be easily overwhelmed with a small percentage increase of admissions. Just like whats happening in India, Brazil et al. And we have flu season still to come which put our hospitals under huge strain last year, and thats without covid.

    I may not agree with everything they're doing but, thats why.

    The alternative to above is to believe that every government, left, middle and right leaning, globally, have quickly come together with doctors, scientists etc and all agreed to implement this evil plan. Millions of people, all in on a secret plot.

    If anyone believes that, get help. Seriously.

    Not every government need have agreed to it, just the governments of the powerful countries.

    More people have died from the flu and pneumonia in the UK since June and the government is still obsessed with Covid. The goalposts are constantly being moved.

    A question people should ask themselves is: when has the government ever given a damn about my life and saving lives?




  • Dionaibh wrote: »
    Not every government need have agreed to it, just the governments of the powerful countries.

    More people have died from the flu and pneumonia in the UK since June and the government is still obsessed with Covid. The goalposts are constantly being moved.

    Can you link to the amount of people dead from flu & pneumonia in the UK since June. I can't find it.

    Also how do the numbers match up from the start of the year to June?


  • Advertisement


  • paw patrol wrote: »
    they could do martial law. But easier to erode freedoms gradually less chance of resistance.
    Social distance effect the people mentally and psychologically. Wears people down and breaks the bonds in society...I see that has no plans to be eliminated.



    You can mock my thoughts and that's fine.
    But why haven't they an exit plan? No elimination of all the restrictions.


    Leo made some vague mention of a vaccine that may not come or may be a bag of sh1te.
    Why no targets to achieve in order to eliminate restrictions?

    And less chance of resistance when the country has a propaganda organisation that masquerades as a public broadcaster. It's no surprise that Ireland and the UK have the most extreme and severe restrictions in the whole of Europe when one considers that both have public broadcasters.




  • Dionaibh wrote: »
    Not every government need have agreed to it, just the governments of the powerful countries.
    Which ones? And which aren't involved?
    Which doctors are involved and how were they convinced to play along?




  • timetogo1 wrote: »
    Can you link to the amount of people dead from flu & pneumonia in the UK since June. I can't find it.

    Also how do the numbers match up from the start of the year to June?

    Sure: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/15/flu-pneumonia-have-contributed-deaths-covid-since-june-new-ons/ (behind a paywall)

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8617795/More-Britons-killed-flu-pneumonia-coronavirus-seven-weeks.html

    https://www.theweek.co.uk/107790/flu-killing-more-people-than-covid-19




  • Dionaibh wrote: »
    Not every government need have agreed to it, just the governments of the powerful countries.

    Which ones exactly? Have America agreed to this plot? And the UK? Boris nearly died from Covid. All part of his plan?
    Dionaibh wrote: »
    More people have died from the flu and pneumonia in the UK since June and the government is still obsessed with Covid. The goalposts are constantly being moved.

    So you can see how all 3 together would overwhelm a health system. Its misleading anyway.

    Flu isn’t the underlying cause of death for more people than Covid-19
    Dionaibh wrote: »
    A question people should ask themselves is: when has the government ever given a damn about my life and saving lives?

    They do all the time. Tax on cigs, speed limit reductions, sugar tax. Its in their interest not to have people dying in hospitals.




  • King Mob wrote: »
    Which ones? And which aren't involved?
    Which doctors are involved and how were they convinced to play along?

    I'm not saying that that's what's going on. I'm just saying that it's not beyond the realms of possibility for several countries to got together to agree to reset the way we live.

    Not necessary for doctors and nurses to be persuaded to play along. The virus exists and they are doing their job. I'm arguing about the possibility of a pandemic being used to change the world and the way we live. That's what the poster was talking about. The key thing is using a pandemic or an emergency situation to bring about changes.




  • The Nal wrote: »
    Which ones exactly? Have America agreed to this plot? And the UK? Boris nearly died from Covid. All part of his plan?



    So you can see how all 3 together would overwhelm a health system. Its misleading anyway.

    Flu isn’t the underlying cause of death for more people than Covid-19



    They do all the time. Tax on cigs, speed limit reductions, sugar tax. Its in their interest not to have people dying in hospitals.

    I'm not saying that that's what's going on. I'm just presenting a counter to the 'all the governments of the world coming together to plan a pandemic' by suggesting that, while unlikely, powerful countries could have come together, or be working with powerful organisations such as the UN or WEF, to change the world. Not come together to plan a pandemic, but to agree to change the world and the way we live. The UN is behind Agenda 21/2030, and WEF is behind the Great Reset and involved with Covi Pass. Both have a reason to want the world to be changed.

    That's a good point about all three overwhelming the NHS. But I still think the government's doubling down on restrictions is excessive in the light of Covid-19 being all but gone from the UK.




  • paw patrol wrote: »
    they could do martial law. But easier to erode freedoms gradually less chance of resistance.
    Social distance effect the people mentally and psychologically. Wears people down and breaks the bonds in society...I see that has no plans to be eliminated.



    You can mock my thoughts and that's fine.
    But why haven't they an exit plan? No elimination of all the restrictions.


    Leo made some vague mention of a vaccine that may not come or may be a bag of sh1te.
    Why no targets to achieve in order to eliminate restrictions?
    The Russian vaccine showed positive results but as it comes packaged in red with Putins pawprints no one in the west wants it. (aka screw any health benefits / let people die of covid before we are injected with communism! :D ) Or it has arrived at an inconvenient time in the covid "crisis" and has to be ignored.

    The Nal wrote: »
    They do all the time. Tax on cigs, speed limit reductions, sugar tax. Its in their interest not to have people dying in hospitals.
    Still, they bailed out the banks and cut funding to HSE, resulting in poorer hospital outcomes.
    Similarly now there has been massively reduced health screening and many cancelled ops due to covid.
    We need to see where the Health service expense of covid lands, is it going to be covered by extra funding, or rob Peter to pal Paul in another area of the health service?
    What about the suicide cost of lockdowns?
    The economic impact of covid will likely show in decreased health service funding in coming years. Yes we can borrow, but it still needs to be paid back and if the economy is severely damaged this payback and the ability to borrow more become difficult.

    The health service make unemotional life and death decisions based purely on cash bang for buck every day, lets see what the bang for buck is with covid emotionally driven activities




  • Dionaibh wrote: »
    I'm not saying that that's what's going on. I'm just saying that it's not beyond the realms of possibility for several countries to got together to agree to reset the way we live.
    No, it is beyond the realms of possibility.
    It's firmly in the realms of paranoid conspiracy theory.
    Dionaibh wrote: »
    Not necessary for doctors and nurses to be persuaded to play along. The virus exists and they are doing their job.
    Ok. So since doctors aren't in on it, maybe all this stuff is because there's a big pandemic people are trying to deal with...




  • King Mob wrote: »
    No, it is beyond the realms of possibility.
    It's firmly in the realms of paranoid conspiracy theory.


    Ok. So since doctors aren't in on it, maybe all this stuff is because there's a big pandemic people are trying to deal with...

    I would agree with you were it not for the fact that the World Economic Forum is pushing The Great Reset.


  • Advertisement


  • Dionaibh wrote: »
    I would agree with you were it not for the fact that the World Economic Forum is pushing The Great Reset.
    Yes, but as we've seen in other threads, there's not much to worry about there. Just more conspiratorial thinking and paranoia and good ol' internet nonsense.

    Again, maybe stop believing everything you read?


Advertisement