Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only Fools & Horses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw this one tonight, bloody brilliant "Killer rhino" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Although I prefer Uncle Albert's character, Grandad had just cracking one-liners :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Caught an episode the other day and a throw away line really...eh...threw me, and made me laugh.

Del: What's on tv tonight?

Raquel: Out of Africa is on later.

Del: Oh no, not another documentary about AIDS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Watching that one now.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Well, the only thing that I know is I've got 60 quid laying out over there and us two are hanging about here like a couple of spare ones at a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

How on earth did they keep straight faces during that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I see Nicholas Lyndhurst's son, Archie, has been found dead at his home. Poor divil.

Best wishes to his family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Just received a whatsapp advising that tony angelinos tour has been cancelled due to the cawona viwus.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

529321.jpeg

• Advertisement

I got to use a line form the show today. The Mrs. was giving out about a friend of hers who continuously "misunderstands" the covid restrictions so she can do whatever she wants.

I told her, "as Delboys dear old mum used to say: there's none as blind as them what just won't listen"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,552 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sligojoek wrote: »
    529321.jpeg

if you say 'during the coronavirus' one more time

Well 'During the Virus spread of 2020'

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    529321.jpeg

Should have put him on a ship with the virus in the middle of the Pacific. He'd have sunk it... problem solved :)

I got to use a line form the show today. The Mrs. was giving out about a friend of hers who continuously "misunderstands" the covid restrictions so she can do whatever she wants.

I told her, "as Delboys dear old mum used to say: there's none as blind as them what just won't listen"

Dear old mum, she used say some bloody stupid things.

Also added to the "RIP thread for people on TV":

I remember when we started of on your journey, we had a labour government, you could eat meat and Des O'Connor was white.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is dave a nickname then ? That again shows the genius of John Sullivan in the recurring gag which wasn't lashed into but over time was just genius.

" If its a girl they are calling it Sigourney after an actress, if its a boy they are calling it Rodney, after Dave"

Classic

Should have put him on a ship with the virus in the middle of the Pacific. He'd have sunk it... problem solved :)

"During the 1939 to 1945 conflict with Germany " when told not to say During the war

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭COVID

Also added to the "RIP thread for people on TV":

I remember when we started of on your journey, we had a labour government, you could eat meat and Des O'Connor was white.

Des O'Connor checked out last night, he died in hospital following a fall at his house. He was 88.

A lot of showbiz people have passed on this year but thankfully they had long lives.

Raquel: I'm worried about him, Rodney. Has he ever suffered with pleurisy?

Rodney: Only when he tries to spell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Raquel: I'm worried about him, Rodney. Has he ever suffered with pleurisy?

Rodney: Only when he tries to spell it.

Del Boy "I was at the Doctor's Rodney"
    Rodney "Yeah,what did he say?"
    Del Boy "He said I'd live but he didn't recommend it"

Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just watching The Jolly Boys Outing.
    It has to be the best only fools episode. Not only is it full of memorable gags it has all the characters. Everyone gets a moment. From Trigger and his Dolphin line to mickeys line of the coachbusters.

I think that's why this is the very best. It's not just del, Rodney and uncle Albert. It's everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Its a good one BA. My favourite is probably the feature length To Hull and back.
    Should have put him on a ship with the virus in the middle of the Pacific. He'd have sunk it... problem solved

Remember when Raquel's folks came round for dinner and Albert mixed up the gravy and the coffee?

Del: "I don't believe what you've done to me. Not only have you managed to sink every battleship and aircraft carrier that you've ever sailed on, but now you've gone and knackered a gravy boat!"

It wasn't until about the 3rd time I saw that episode that I realised what a gravy boat was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Best episode, or my favourite anyway, is when Rodney branches out on his own with Mickey Pierce, the one with Grandads famous "wendy" line.

Del: "They're not just ordinary lawnmower engines."

Rodney (getting excited): "No?"

Del: "They're broken lawnmower engines."

Its a good one BA. My favourite is probably the feature length To Hull and back.

Ohhh a very good episode. I would say it's the second best episode of only fools imo. A real classic.

Am I alone in thinking the Miami Twice episodes are the worst of the entire series?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I liked 'em!

"Why have you brought Limey's to my house?"

"One of them looks just like you Pop"

"Once I was at the Zoo and saw a Camel that looked just like your mother but I didn't invite it home and put it in the guest suite!"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,693 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just watching The Jolly Boys Outing.
    It has to be the best only fools episode. Not only is it full of memorable gags it has all the characters. Everyone gets a moment. From Trigger and his Dolphin line to mickeys line of the coachbusters.

I think that's why this is the very best. It's not just del, Rodney and uncle Albert. It's everyone.

Characters were absolutely gold. So was the writing. The Jolly Boys Outing was a favorite of mine too... you could imagine being on that trip.... it wasn’t just throwaway slapstick funny, it was relatable...cleverly hilarious and entertaining. Sullivan had that knack.

Strumms wrote: »
    Characters were absolutely gold. So was the writing. The Jolly Boys Outing was a favorite of mine too... you could imagine being on that trip.... it wasn’t just throwaway slapstick funny, it was relatable...cleverly hilarious and entertaining. Sullivan had that knack.

It is amazing.
    I have lost count of how many times I have watched this episode. But John Sullivan really had a knack as you said.

I just realised that like he sets up the first half of the episode as total comedy. But then the latter half is about Del and Raquel. Like he inserts the drama. Like del reconnecting with his old flame Raquel. The whole great ramondo bit. Del thinking he was being an jerk. Turning out he was gay.

The introduction of the Stephen yuppy character at the start so Rodney would end up living back with del and albert. Setting up the future episode.

Even little character traits like boycie, Alan and Mike getting a luxury hotel down by the sea front because each man could 'afford' it. While the others tried to get a bed and breakfast. He was an amazing writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,693 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Totally, he’s interviewed when he was alive ( as opposed to when he was dead ) and just a normal joe soap, with just a good sense of humor and a cleverness, creativity and radar for funny, characters were eccentric but believable, not outlandish with the odd exception just... funny as...

• Advertisement

Ohhh a very good episode. I would say it's the second best episode of only fools imo. A real classic.

Am I alone in thinking the Miami Twice episodes are the worst of the entire series?

Yeah I thought it wasn’t funny and was waaaaaayyyyyyy too long.

I don’t begrudge them having the ambition to do something different, but it was their worst show.

Advertisement