Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dispose of old wood

Options
  • 21-09-2020 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭

Hi all I have a trailer of old wood after tearing down old wood ceiling and sheds etc. Where would be best value place to dispose of this ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

dzilla wrote: »
    Hi all I have a trailer of old wood after tearing down old wood ceiling and sheds etc. Where would be best value place to dispose of this ?

I'd get a chainsaw, cut it up bag it and store it in the shed for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

id imagine wood would been treated with varnish stain paint, nails etc. so would be a bit useless in burning, place ad on FB market place someone will collect better then paying for a skip. if it cant be burnt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

depending on the condition of the wood, deise mens shed might take it

https://www.facebook.com/Deisemensshed/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

Ok will try thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

While I wouldn't burn treated wood in a fireplace, I would burn it in an outdoor firepit or chimnea type thing, and any stove that doesnt back draft.

Put up a FB marketplace post for free wood for projects/stove burning. Just qualify that it is treated ex-construction wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭dzilla

nthclare wrote: »
    I'd get a chainsaw, cut it up bag it and store it in the shed for the winter.
    sharingan wrote: »
    While I wouldn't burn treated wood in a fireplace, I would burn it in an outdoor firepit or chimnea type thing, and any stove that doesnt back draft.

Put up a FB marketplace post for free wood for projects/stove burning. Just qualify that it is treated ex-construction wood.

Yes I cut it all up with a scorpion saw in the end, took absolute ages. Divided into wood for stove and then the wood that had nails in it or was treated i bagged it and will use in the chimenea next summer. thank you all.

Advertisement