Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops/Businesses opening/closing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone know what is happening with Tolteca in Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Boston Donuts opening on Shop Street soon according to Facebook.

Boston Donuts Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Beauty room On Clybaun Road (next to Clybaun stores) shuttered and for sale/ to let sign up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,933 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Warehouse Gym are abruptly closing their Mervue location, they were in the process of securing new premises anyway and that's going ahead. But they have to move out of Mervue sooner than expected so have to close for 4 weeks.
    Explained here. https://www.facebook.com/151690161640171/posts/1874983562644147/
    Tangential, is the Knocknacarra branch open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

KFC Briarhill, anyone know if that’s still closed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

d00mk1n wrote: »

I think so. Not listed on the website as open anyways and saw no signs of life passing it last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Was definitely open one evening early last week , WednesdayI think it was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Open the last few evenings i have passed, don't know about dine in but drive thru had a queue

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭buzz11

Whats happened to Burger King in the eyre sq centre? its hasn't opened since the lockdown and the one in Applegreen is too far a walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

https://www.gatewayshoppingpark.ie/news/carraig-donn-to-open/

New Carraig Donn opening Sept 11th out in Knocknacarra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

buzz11 wrote: »
    Whats happened to Burger King in the eyre sq centre? its hasn't opened since the lockdown and the one in Applegreen is too far a walk...

It's closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

buzz11 wrote: »

It is no longer listed in their website for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

QikBax wrote: »
    Boston Donuts opening on Shop Street soon according to Facebook.

Boston Donuts Facebook

must be doing awful well, was around Galway last sunday just before 5 and the place was closed as everything was sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭xckjoo

mailburner wrote: »
    must be doing awful well, was around Galway last sunday just before 5 and the place was closed as everything was sold out

I feel like every second person I've seen in the last week has been carrying one of more of their boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Bredabe

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Council get 140k before a sod is lifted and turned for Public Services that will facilitate the Development.

Let's hope there's no further objections from you know who

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Conboy Electrical Woodquay seems to be closed.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Conboy Electrical Woodquay seems to be closed.

They've been operating out of the New Rd premises since March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I got a cold stone (still no idea what it is) in Little Mammas across from Pizza di Napoli. Kinder Bueno flavour. Seriously good, check it out. As a side note, the pizza slice in Pizza di Napoli has gone way down, very disappointed.

Petstop shop opening in the knocknacarra shopping centre this am.

I spoke to a staff member last night who told me this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Bredabe wrote: »
    Petstop shop opening in the knocknacarra shopping centre this am.

I spoke to a staff member last night who told me this.

Verified on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/petstop.ie/

I didn't expect them to open so soon. I would have thought they would have gotten their street sign by the recycling up with a coming soon sticker like the others. Great to have that down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,554 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I would have thought they would have gotten their street sign by the recycling up with a coming soon sticker like the others. Great to have that down the road.

I remember noticing at the weekend, a couple of workers working in the unit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

Petstore doors open today, big shop inside.
    Evergreen getting ready to open beside it.

Re Lidl does anyone know if the car park will include electric car charge points?

Verified on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/petstop.ie/

I didn't expect them to open so soon. I would have thought they would have gotten their street sign by the recycling up with a coming soon sticker like the others. Great to have that down the road.

Brought boydog in earlier, prepackaged and pick and mix style treats, harnesses/leads etc and a comprehensive collection of toothpaste/ear clearer type products.

Boydog was well impressed with the selection and and the lovely ladies made a big fuss of him.

Space down the back with acquaria in, so I assume they will have rodents and reptiles like the others, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Bredabe wrote: »
    Brought boydog in earlier, prepackaged and pick and mix style treats, harnesses/leads etc and a comprehensive collection of toothpaste/ear clearer type products.

Boydog was well impressed with the selection and and the lovely ladies made a big fuss of him.

Space down the back with acquaria in, so I assume they will have rodents and reptiles like the others, eventually.

Have they fish there yet?

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Have they fish there yet?
    I've not been in since wed, but they look well kitted out for water based creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It might be wise to wait 2 months for their systems to fully cycle unless they've had their tanks going well in advance and seeded with bacteria. Fish are generally already stressed out by the travel so going into an new system still breaking-in won't help the odds of your new fishy friend making a long-term addition to your aquarium.

Will be interesting to see if their fish operation is a shambles like Petmania or be properly looked after like Petworld. The guy who was based in the Salthill Aquarium and Seahorse in Liosban are true professionals if you want the healthiest fish. Be interesting to see where Petstop fall on that spectrum, fingers crossed for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Advertisement