Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another tyres thread (2014 Nissan Leaf Acenta)

Options
  • 14-09-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭

hi

I have a 2014 Nissan Leaf Acenta. It will need 4 new tyres in the next few weeks.

Tyres are 205 / 55 / 16 (and 91 V)

Looking for trye recommendations
    Ive heard Dunlop Sport blue response are ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Hi Obi

I use uniroyal rainsport 3 on my leaf. They probably aren’t particularly efficient but eeking our range wasn’t a concern for me and I found the wheel spin and wet grip in general to be quite bad on the original Dunlop’s it came with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi Obi

I use uniroyal rainsport 3 on my leaf. They probably aren’t particularly efficient but eeking our range wasn’t a concern for me and I found the wheel spin and wet grip in general to be quite bad on the original Dunlop’s it came with.

thanks, are these expensive?

see this link: https://ibb.co/3NgGGZQ

all the tyres are dunlop sport blue response 205 / 55 / 16
    does anyone know why the difference in price etc

any thought on these, Kumho Ecowing es31: https://www.oponeo.ie/tyre/kumho-ecowing-es31-205-55-r16-91-v#314189586

Had Kumhos on my last 2 ICE cars and found them good, not sure if ok for the electric type cars with rolling resistance and all this

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

obi604 wrote: »
    thanks, are these expensive?

It cost 540 for all 4 with balancing. It was a place in west Dublin, PM me if you want the details. I can recommend them from the point of view of grip, that was my main criteria (if I was looking to eek out every bit of range I'd be making the rolling resistance a top criteria)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I just went with stock Primacy tyres, if they were good enough for Nissan then they are good enough to me and I've had zero issues.
    Still have original two tyre on the front 67k kms in!!!! No side wall degradation and even wear and still a few k away from replacement.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    I just went with stock Primacy tyres, if they were good enough for Nissan then they are good enough to me and I've had zero issues.
    Still have original two tyre on the front 67k kms in!!!! No side wall degradation and even wear and still a few k away from replacement.

Do I even need to bother looking for an efficient tyre etc?
    Will any standard tyre (within reason) work ?

any comments on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Do I even need to bother looking for an efficient tyre etc? No
    Will any standard tyre (within reason) work ? Yes

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Do I even need to bother looking for an efficient tyre etc? No
    Will any standard tyre (within reason) work ? Yes

ok, and im guessing I wont loose 20% range with a non efficient tyre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Unless you are regularly taking the car to the edge of its range I wouldn’t worry so much about having an A rated efficient tyre and focus more on grip.

The difference in efficiency between an A and a B tyre will hardly be noticeable, imo.

KCross wrote: »
    Unless you are regularly taking the car to the edge of its range I wouldn’t worry so much about having an A rated efficient tyre and focus more on grip.

The difference in efficiency between an A and a B tyre will hardly be noticeable, imo.

fair enough, thanks for the input.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hi Obi

FYI there's a new version of that tyre called the Rainsport 5 (no idea what happened to the Rainsport 4!).

What do ye reckon on Kumho Ecowings ES31 for the Leaf?

What do ye reckon on Kumho Ecowings ES31 for the Leaf?

any comments on this?

Advertisement