Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetships 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Borderland

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything today?

No nothing, I assume we’re the 50-80 group. Look, there’s plenty of lads who go down and find out military life isn’t for them. I wouldn’t expect anything for a few days until lads either accept or have a think about it and reject it. Being on the Reserve list isn’t the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

For the lads who have offers, how long do you have to accept/refuse your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 josh1010st

cantwbr1 wrote: »
    For the lads who have offers, how long do you have to accept/refuse your place?

It said the 09:00 on the 12th of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Does anyone know if school leavers got offers on the same day as everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 blake4717

I think I got a rejection email today.

"I wish to inform you that the panel which was formed for this competition is now closed and no futher offers will be made."

It's unfortunate that they just didn't say that I don't qualify.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if school leavers got offers on the same day as everyone else?

As far as I know, some school leavers have gotten offers. But that’s just info from friends of friends.

Any updates for anyone today?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gzaq

Borderland wrote: »
    As far as I know, some school leavers have gotten offers. But that’s just info from friends of friends.

Any updates for anyone today?

Haven’t heard anything myself. Rejection emails went out yesterday to some so unsure as to where we stand.

gzaq wrote: »
    Haven’t heard anything myself. Rejection emails went out yesterday to some so unsure as to where we stand.

Is that confirmed or just what you read here? If they went out in mass I don’t know where we’re at.

There has to be a fairer way for them to do this. Even an email, “offers out today, you’re not in this round, await further update on x day” would take the constant pressure away.

Nothing here either, if people have to accept their offers by Saturday, they might send reserve group offers on Monday maybe? Makes it awkward with CAO on Friday though.

Is that confirmed or just what you read here? If they went out in mass I don’t know where we’re at.

There has to be a fairer way for them to do this. Even an email, “offers out today, you’re not in this round, await further update on x day” would take the constant pressure away.

Not confirmed but I heard it from another source as well as on here so I’m presuming some rejection emails got sent out. It’s a tough wait and the uncertainty of how they will inform and when makes it worse. Hopefully a clearer picture is presented come next week when offers from Monday have been accepted/declined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

Got the rejection email. Best of luck those starting on the 5th.

JohnBoy140 wrote: »
    Got the rejection email. Best of luck those starting on the 5th.

Sorry to hear this bud, was this today or during the week? I still haven’t heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JohnBoy140

Sorry to hear this bud, was this today or during the week? I still haven’t heard anything.

Wednesday it came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

on what grounds are people rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RCB1A

Congratulations and good luck to the cadets starting out on the 5th! Maybe ye'll help us out during the next competition, ha! :D

Hold your horses, we're not done yet. Did anyone get an offer today?

Hold your horses, we're not done yet. Did anyone get an offer today?

Nope I haven’t heard anything today, still waiting to hear something ..

Rejection email came through today, best of luck to all the lads starting on the 5th. Hopefully see you next year 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DannyMac23

Anyone heard back from them yet re: what time to be down there at on the 5th and a packing list ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dskell67

Hi I’m aware this is cadetships and I’m applying for general service but I’ve just been placed on a substitute list for a platoon that’s starting on Monday I’m pdf by the way. I’m no.1 sub on the list does someone usually drop out in the first 2 weeks? Anyone in the know please get back to me cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dskell67 wrote: »
    Hi I’m aware this is cadetships and I’m applying for general service but I’ve just been placed on a substitute list for a platoon that’s starting on Monday I’m pdf by the way. I’m no.1 sub on the list does someone usually drop out in the first 2 weeks? Anyone in the know please get back to me cheers!

Yep, I'd have a bag packed and anticipate a call on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mckinney_99

Has anyone still not received either an acceptance or a rejection e-mail? Do you think this would mean that there is still a possibility that I could be called up to the panel or on reserve list?

Has anyone still not received either an acceptance or a rejection e-mail? Do you think this would mean that there is still a possibility that I could be called up to the panel or on reserve list?

I’d say if you haven’t received either a confirmation or rejection letter you probably are on the reserve panel, and they will get onto you if there is a vacancy to be filled in the next month or so.

DannyMac23 wrote: »
    Anyone heard back from them yet re: what time to be down there at on the 5th and a packing list ?
    Got the joining instructions email an hour ago, it’s kinda annoying the running tops can only be white

josh1010st wrote: »
    Got the joining instructions email an hour ago, it’s kinda annoying the running tops can only be white

Yeah man just seen it there cheers, yeah I’m nearly sure I’ve seen pics before of actual Cadet schools jerseys they fit you out with, so they could be a temporary thing.

Another thing lads, the ould lad was in the Army back in the day, reccomends to get some laundry tags, the ones you iron onto the clothes to mark all your kit with, cause it’s expected that you mark all your kit and it’s a Bollocking if you don’t.

Hi lads, Anyone know what size padlocks would be best for the lockers?

josh1010st wrote: »
    Hi lads, Anyone know what size padlocks would be best for the lockers?

Same size as you’d lock luggage with. Maybe a little bigger.

Combination locks also a good shout. Less things to lose but if anyone has it bought already don’t worry about it.

Also pack the small roll of black electrical tape, a lighter and a permanent black marker.

Same size as you’d lock luggage with. Maybe a little bigger.

Combination locks also a good shout. Less things to lose but if anyone has it bought already don’t worry about it.

Perfect! Thank you!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mckinney_99

Anyone know why we’re not allowed to bring our cars? Travelling from Donegal and wouldn’t make sense for someone to bring me down and have to come for me every time when I have my own car and license.

Advertisement