Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment House -

Options
  • 16-09-2020 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Looking at buying a house 3 bed, for 120k approx, this will be a cash purchase

current tenants are in house paying 900 a month, €10800 a year income from the house.

My question is how much tax do I have to pay on this rental income

Im a PAYE employee, in the high tax bracket

I know I can offset the house insurance against the rental income

what else can be offset against the rental income

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

After you make the relevant deductions from the gross rental income, the net rental profits are added to your regular wages/income.

Assuming you face a marginal tax rate (MTR) of 40%, then the net rental profits will be subject to the normal 40% tax, just like any extra income will be taxed at 40%.

Then there is USC and PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

vmware, so presumably you're in cork? And you found a 3-bed for 120k?! Jealous.

Don't forget you'll be liable for most issues with the house so you'll only receive a fraction of that 6480 p.a you make. A new boiler and some plumbing and you'll be running a deficit for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

vmware wrote: »

what else can be offset against the rental income

Thanks

https://www.revenue.ie/en/property/rental-income/irish-rental-income/index.aspx

It's all listed there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always found this site useful when I was an accidental landlord a few years back.

https://www.irishlandlord.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

• Advertisement
Advertisement