Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I dunno how anyone could wildcard now, there's too many unknowns. If I was to wildcard now, I wouldn't be much wiser as who to pick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I could take a 20 point hit and do this ::

Ayling, vinagre, kwp, Doherty, Fraser,antonio out
    Saiss, justin, Mitchell, james, greenwood, bamford in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

Werner out for Wilson giving me money in the bank to potentially go for Greenwood to replace bench fodder or Saint-Maximin to Pulisic with next weeks free transfer. Going to keep faith in the double Liverpool defense for another week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Havertz to Bruno will be done as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

macraignil wrote: »
    Werner out for Wilson giving me money in the bank to potentially go for Greenwood to replace bench fodder or Saint-Maximin to Pulisic with next weeks free transfer. Going to keep faith in the double Liverpool defense for another week anyway.

Werner looked sharp today. He should of been played through a couple of times, particularly by loftus cheek. Chelsea Might take a few games to get going but I personally think he’s worth keeping for now.

I’m also sticking with the double Liverpool defence. As long the main guys in goal/defence stay fit they are capable of a streak of clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Took a planned -8 to go from son, auba, richarlison to Salah, martial, mahrez. Had planned on kdb/Bruno, but would have had to move more things around and too many unknowns for a wildcard at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rikand wrote: »

That seems like madness to me. Includes getting two players who might not be first choice in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭Invincible

Son -> KDB
    AA -> Gabriel

Done

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What would people say is the outlook for Vinagre after Marcals debut tonight?

Grim.

Not doing too bad if Vinagre is your main concern.

Although he’s a problem for me too.

I’m looking at a way to get Digne or Saiss in for him. If I can’t find then I’ll go with Lamptey, KWP, Taylor or Lewis at Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Will have to do my planned Mane to KDB today, I see I was very close to missing KDBs price rise which would have really annoyed me. Tempted to use the extra 0.5 now too but think I should do the sensible thing and not take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What would people say is the outlook for Vinagre after Marcals debut tonight?

A long cold spell with a touch of frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Rikand wrote: »

Serious over-reaction here. KWP and Ayling have reasonable fixtures over the next few weeks and they rotate nicely with each other, filter them out of your team over the next while. Getting rid of Fraser and Antonio would be enough imo, lots of options available depending on how you want to split the 12.5.

James has Liverpool next so will be better handled and a Chelsea clean sheet looks unlikely, get him the week after on a FT. Saiss wont be scoring regularly and is playing City next so a big score is unlikely, again wait. Justin and Mitchell will likely lose their places as the incumbents return. Getting Bamford at 5.6 will see you with 0.4 itb and being 0.1 short of players you want for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Was always planning on holding but have quite the temptation to get in Rodriguez.

I Also have TAA in my team but purely thinking it was the right thing to do as everyone else seemed to have him. However I don’t see Liverpool being anywhere as tight at the back this season so I wanna cut my losses there ASAP also.

Dilemmas dilemmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Thanks to Salah c, Auba And Leno, I amassed 54 points. From the remaining 8 players I got 13 points. That's a big issue. I'm keeping faith and just dropping Antonio out for Wilson. As the mantra goes, if you have to use more than your free transfer allowance, you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Vinagre Havertz or Ali

Who is the bigger issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Since I subscribed to this thread my stress levels have rocketed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

Thanks to Salah c, Auba And Leno, I amassed 54 points. From the remaining 8 players I got 13 points. That's a big issue. I'm keeping faith and just dropping Antonio out for Wilson. As the mantra goes, if you have to use more than your free transfer allowance, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think that's a big issue at all. Pretty much anyone that didn't have 2 of Salah, Aubameyang, Vardy got off to a terrible start. Your remaining 8 players just scored around the same as everyone else's remaining 8 players (or remaining 10 players, in my case).

Any see the Wolves game ?

How did Marcal do at LWB ? Heat map isn’t very impressive re attacking potential.

Probably still a better option (attacking returns) than Saiss though.

Shocked Jota didn’t get any gametime. I really hate that Jota, Podence and Neto will share minutes for 2 places. I think one of them will be a great option but who knows which one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Going with my planned change of Kane > Aguero, was going to wait another week but can’t risk him going up if he has a good week. Can’t afford to get KDB into the team but I’m eyeing up removing Son in the coming weeks for a City\Utd midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 9,649 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What are Ings owners doing?

Southampton were poor by all accounts. I'd expect Spurs to park the bus and grind out a draw/narrow win next weekend

I'd planned to bank but have the funds to bring Martial in (???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cartman78 wrote: »

Southampton were poor by all accounts. I'd expect Spurs to park the bus and grind out a draw/narrow win next weekend

Debating son and ings out. Bruno and Watkins in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I went straight to Martial and captained him. Palace at home is almost as good as it gets.

Going with my planned change of Kane > Aguero, was going to wait another week but can’t risk him going up if he has a good week. Can’t afford to get KDB into the team but I’m eyeing up removing Son in the coming weeks for a City\Utd midfielder

You fancy Aguero to start this GW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Out for Martial, Palace and Brighton next for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Sideways move from Antonio to CWilson....7.5m in the bank for next weeks moves to start brininging in Manchester players once we get a feel for lay of the land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

You fancy Aguero to start this GW ?

I did until you said that :)

I just felt exposed with no Manchester players at all in my team. If he doesn’t play and Kane only gets 2 points it wouldn’t be the worst result. The issue comes it Kane has a good game and I question every decision I’ve ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I did until you said that :)

I just felt exposed with no Manchester players at all in my team. If he doesn’t play and Kane only gets 2 points it wouldn’t be the worst result. The issue comes it Kane has a good game and I question every decision I’ve ever made

I really don't think it's a as big a risk. Palace will go confident to OT and were solid this weekend. Brighton also looked ok. Better to wait, see what is happening and then use two transfers on GW3 if needed. Lots of others will be in the same boat I think. KDB on the other hand, or Sterling, they will always come up trumps but again, their opening is sketchy and City are very unpredictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Out for Martial, Palace and Brighton next for United.

Palace won at OT last season and Hodgson completely out thought Ole. No Bruno then obv so will be interesting to see the progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did Son to Bruno to avoid the price rise. Have 1.5 in the bank and KDB raring to come off the bench so feeling a bit better.

If TAA looks off the boil in the next few game weeks he will have to go, 7.5 is very expensive if he doesn't get decent returns, would look to downgrade him to maybe Chilwell and could then strongly improve my midfield

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Any see the Wolves game ?

How did Marcal do at LWB ? Heat map isn’t very impressive re attacking potential.

Probably still a better option (attacking returns) than Saiss though.

Shocked Jota didn’t get any gametime. I really hate that Jota, Podence and Neto will share minutes for 2 places. I think one of them will be a great option but who knows which one ?
    Yeah disappointing Jota didn't play, hard to know yet how much he will start. I'll keep him for another week to see then pull the trigger.

Advertisement