Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

[PHP][/PHP]
    Noone, more important issues

Not for me

My team next week

McCarthy

Arnold
    Justin
    Mitchell or Vinagre

Salah
    Aubameyang
    Fernandes
    Saint Maximillin

Werner
    Calvert Lewin
    Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

CSF wrote: »
    So realistic options with the upcoming fixtures would be Newcastle, Villa and Leeds defenders right? Charlie Taylor always worth a shout too. James Justin if you're ok with possibly having to make another defensive transfer in a few weeks time.

I already have Justin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

Not for me

My team next week

McCarthy

Arnold
    Justin
    Mitchell or Vinagre

Salah
    Aubameyang
    Fernandes
    Saint Maximillin

Werner
    Calvert Lewin
    Adams

I'm jealous, the state of my team!

Charlie Taylor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,550 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I already have Justin
    Well, plenty of other options to choose from there, if its the route you wanna go down. If you wanna avoid making more defensive transfers in the near future, it would be Charlie Taylor for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Rhetorical question for you, 2 days ago did ya think Ings & Son were long term? You could have afforded DCL on Friday too. Or is it just because DCL scored this week?

Yes but now we have the benefit of having seen these teams play. I was seriously unimpressed by Spurs. Everton bossed that game, Spurs reduced to long balls in the second half. Son was always a place holder for either KDB or Bruno except now Im considering changing a couple of weeks early.

I feel like with Evertons fixtures getting somebody in is important. DCL looked lively on the counter attack. Great header and if Richarlison had squared that ball he would have had another. There fixtures are great and they have added real quality with James & Allan.

I suppose thats my reasoning, maybe it is knee-jerk but getting Bruno in before his price goes crazy seems like a good move

FHFC wrote: »
    Could be danger of a dreaded early price drop though.

I would be surprised, most would be benching him this week anyways and many still be bringing in Unitec etc.

Though as an owner that might be wishful thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Who would you guys get in for vinagre if ye had him

Jamal Lewis could be worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Well, plenty of other options to choose from there, if its the route you wanna go down. If you wanna avoid making more defensive transfers in the near future, it would be Charlie Taylor for me.

Taylor could easily not start imo. Pieters be there. He probably will start, I just wouldn't be transferring him until we see that for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Bank most likely.

Tempted by Son > James
    Or
    Mitro > Bamford

Will most likely leave it and have 2FT maybe go-4 for GW3 bringing in Utd boys

I'm here considering a Leeds defender. Is there something wrong with me after their display today? They're gonna be much tighter with Cooper back and Koch bedded in...........right? And the fullbacks play like the Liverpool ones whenever I've seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Using your wildcard now is ridiculous.

People must really have no confidence in their original picks to do that. Knee jerk new team is not likely to be the answer.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Using your wildcard now is ridiculous.

People must really have no confidence in their original picks to do that. Knee jerk new team is not likely to be the answer.
    Some people made their teams with the specific purpose of wildcarding in GW2. Given how badly I've done in GW1, I'm wishing I had done that!!! But not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Some people made their teams with the specific purpose of wildcarding in GW2. Given how badly I've done in GW1, I'm wishing I had done that!!! But not really.

At least you survived the LMS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was going to hold but I think I'll get Havertz out and James Rod in.
    Havertz looked anonyms today and has Liverpool next. James looked very involved in all the attacks. Also Everton have great fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Havertz to Bruno as planned.

Might pull the trigger tonight as have the exact funds. Don't know if I'm happy to trust the sites on gw 1 as they'll need to get the algorithm

Edit: Noticed he was at 80 odd percent to rise so I made the move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah Havertz was one of the worst debuts I’ve ever seen. No doubt he’ll be a star, but it’s too soon to have him in my team. Might just cut himself and Son and get DeBruyne + some £5.5 mid

At least you survived the LMS :pac:
    Only just :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I finished on 64. If I had captained Salah I'd be on 77. So I don't see need to panic. I think I'll bank, take a chance on having no Manc players next week. Then I may take a 4 point hit and do Son, Auba for Fernandez, JamRod but then I have no arsenal asset.

Going to be some tough decisions and I may just end up straight swapping Auba and KDB this week..but the safe option is to bank and take a chance.

Team would be as follows , suggestions welcome to really mess my mind for the week. Douglas and Brewster are long term issues that will be replaced in free transfers.

McCarthy
    TAA, Tierney, doherty
    Salah, Auba(C), Bissouma, ASM, Son
    Werner, DCL

Bench, KWP, Douglas, Brewster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What would people say is the outlook for Vinagre after Marcals debut tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Think I'll have to correct my decision of going without Mo. Chelsea looked a bit of a shambles tonight and I cant afford missing out on another haul - at least if he blanks then most others will be in the same boat. Havertz and Son on the chopping block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I dunno how anyone could wildcard now, there's too many unknowns. If I was to wildcard now, I wouldn't be much wiser as who to pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,422 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I could take a 20 point hit and do this ::

Ayling, vinagre, kwp, Doherty, Fraser,antonio out
    Saiss, justin, Mitchell, james, greenwood, bamford in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Werner out for Wilson giving me money in the bank to potentially go for Greenwood to replace bench fodder or Saint-Maximin to Pulisic with next weeks free transfer. Going to keep faith in the double Liverpool defense for another week anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Havertz to Bruno will be done as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

macraignil wrote: »
    Werner out for Wilson giving me money in the bank to potentially go for Greenwood to replace bench fodder or Saint-Maximin to Pulisic with next weeks free transfer. Going to keep faith in the double Liverpool defense for another week anyway.

Werner looked sharp today. He should of been played through a couple of times, particularly by loftus cheek. Chelsea Might take a few games to get going but I personally think he’s worth keeping for now.

I’m also sticking with the double Liverpool defence. As long the main guys in goal/defence stay fit they are capable of a streak of clean sheets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭VW 1

Took a planned -8 to go from son, auba, richarlison to Salah, martial, mahrez. Had planned on kdb/Bruno, but would have had to move more things around and too many unknowns for a wildcard at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rikand wrote: »

That seems like madness to me. Includes getting two players who might not be first choice in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭Invincible

Son -> KDB
    AA -> Gabriel

Done

Muahahaha wrote: »

Grim.

Not doing too bad if Vinagre is your main concern.

Although he’s a problem for me too.

I’m looking at a way to get Digne or Saiss in for him. If I can’t find then I’ll go with Lamptey, KWP, Taylor or Lewis at Newcastle.

Will have to do my planned Mane to KDB today, I see I was very close to missing KDBs price rise which would have really annoyed me. Tempted to use the extra 0.5 now too but think I should do the sensible thing and not take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Muahahaha wrote: »

A long cold spell with a touch of frost.

Rikand wrote: »

Serious over-reaction here. KWP and Ayling have reasonable fixtures over the next few weeks and they rotate nicely with each other, filter them out of your team over the next while. Getting rid of Fraser and Antonio would be enough imo, lots of options available depending on how you want to split the 12.5.

James has Liverpool next so will be better handled and a Chelsea clean sheet looks unlikely, get him the week after on a FT. Saiss wont be scoring regularly and is playing City next so a big score is unlikely, again wait. Justin and Mitchell will likely lose their places as the incumbents return. Getting Bamford at 5.6 will see you with 0.4 itb and being 0.1 short of players you want for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Was always planning on holding but have quite the temptation to get in Rodriguez.

I Also have TAA in my team but purely thinking it was the right thing to do as everyone else seemed to have him. However I don’t see Liverpool being anywhere as tight at the back this season so I wanna cut my losses there ASAP also.

Dilemmas dilemmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Thanks to Salah c, Auba And Leno, I amassed 54 points. From the remaining 8 players I got 13 points. That's a big issue. I'm keeping faith and just dropping Antonio out for Wilson. As the mantra goes, if you have to use more than your free transfer allowance, you're doing it wrong.

Vinagre Havertz or Ali

Who is the bigger issue....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Since I subscribed to this thread my stress levels have rocketed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Thanks to Salah c, Auba And Leno, I amassed 54 points. From the remaining 8 players I got 13 points. That's a big issue. I'm keeping faith and just dropping Antonio out for Wilson. As the mantra goes, if you have to use more than your free transfer allowance, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think that's a big issue at all. Pretty much anyone that didn't have 2 of Salah, Aubameyang, Vardy got off to a terrible start. Your remaining 8 players just scored around the same as everyone else's remaining 8 players (or remaining 10 players, in my case).

Any see the Wolves game ?

How did Marcal do at LWB ? Heat map isn’t very impressive re attacking potential.

Probably still a better option (attacking returns) than Saiss though.

Shocked Jota didn’t get any gametime. I really hate that Jota, Podence and Neto will share minutes for 2 places. I think one of them will be a great option but who knows which one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Going with my planned change of Kane > Aguero, was going to wait another week but can’t risk him going up if he has a good week. Can’t afford to get KDB into the team but I’m eyeing up removing Son in the coming weeks for a City\Utd midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What are Ings owners doing?

Southampton were poor by all accounts. I'd expect Spurs to park the bus and grind out a draw/narrow win next weekend

I'd planned to bank but have the funds to bring Martial in (???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cartman78 wrote: »

Southampton were poor by all accounts. I'd expect Spurs to park the bus and grind out a draw/narrow win next weekend

Debating son and ings out. Bruno and Watkins in

I went straight to Martial and captained him. Palace at home is almost as good as it gets.

Going with my planned change of Kane > Aguero, was going to wait another week but can’t risk him going up if he has a good week. Can’t afford to get KDB into the team but I’m eyeing up removing Son in the coming weeks for a City\Utd midfielder

You fancy Aguero to start this GW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Out for Martial, Palace and Brighton next for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Sideways move from Antonio to CWilson....7.5m in the bank for next weeks moves to start brininging in Manchester players once we get a feel for lay of the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

You fancy Aguero to start this GW ?

I did until you said that :)

I just felt exposed with no Manchester players at all in my team. If he doesn’t play and Kane only gets 2 points it wouldn’t be the worst result. The issue comes it Kane has a good game and I question every decision I’ve ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I did until you said that :)

I just felt exposed with no Manchester players at all in my team. If he doesn’t play and Kane only gets 2 points it wouldn’t be the worst result. The issue comes it Kane has a good game and I question every decision I’ve ever made

I really don't think it's a as big a risk. Palace will go confident to OT and were solid this weekend. Brighton also looked ok. Better to wait, see what is happening and then use two transfers on GW3 if needed. Lots of others will be in the same boat I think. KDB on the other hand, or Sterling, they will always come up trumps but again, their opening is sketchy and City are very unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Out for Martial, Palace and Brighton next for United.

Palace won at OT last season and Hodgson completely out thought Ole. No Bruno then obv so will be interesting to see the progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Did Son to Bruno to avoid the price rise. Have 1.5 in the bank and KDB raring to come off the bench so feeling a bit better.

If TAA looks off the boil in the next few game weeks he will have to go, 7.5 is very expensive if he doesn't get decent returns, would look to downgrade him to maybe Chilwell and could then strongly improve my midfield

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Any see the Wolves game ?

How did Marcal do at LWB ? Heat map isn’t very impressive re attacking potential.

Probably still a better option (attacking returns) than Saiss though.

Shocked Jota didn’t get any gametime. I really hate that Jota, Podence and Neto will share minutes for 2 places. I think one of them will be a great option but who knows which one ?
    Yeah disappointing Jota didn't play, hard to know yet how much he will start. I'll keep him for another week to see then pull the trigger.

Advertisement