Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citizen service centre query

Options
  • 13-09-2020 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone used the Citizen service centre, i have an eco drive thats not working and was going to send it off, i'd also need a few more links putting in (can't find the original)

Cracking watch so don't want to bin it, 4yrs old though

Are they reasonably priced and what sort of turnaround, never sent a watch off before, do they quote you before they start work or do they do the job then hold watch as ransom until it's paid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Maybe it sounds obvious, but did you give them a ring or send them an email asking these questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

unkel wrote: »
    Maybe it sounds obvious, but did you give them a ring or send them an email asking these questions?

Sorry, yeah, i did, they just said send it in and they'd have a look, i was just wondering if anyone had experience on dealing with them, likely to be ripped off etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If it's Calcul in Shannon that you have been in touch with?

I've used them quite a few times for my jp3050 battery changes before I learned to do it myself.
    Never got a price prior to them checking it.

Price and additional work was flagged before they continued.
    They are in business a long time and have been a citizen service centre for a good while too.
    Well regarded and respected company IMHO and I've always been happy with their service.

Just for additional piece of mind, you could always add a sticker or hang tag to the watch asking for a quote before proceeding with work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

I remember getting some warranty work done on my NY2300 Citizen a long time ago - I remember it was very reasonable and speedy.

Citizen's CS department is something I actually rave (positively about) - I was able to ask them technically complicated questions (that from my experience Omega ignores or takes 2-3 weeks to answer) and they got back to me in 2 days with a detailed technical answer (capacity trimmer location in a quartz movement).

The best CS I've ever encountered from a major watch brand and something I'd aspire to.

Advertisement