Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 :Round 9 Tuscany GP : Mugello (See MOD warning on 2nd post)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,139 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fair fùcks George. Cant be easy to commentate to this degree while driving.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What time is quality if at?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

2011 wrote: »
    What time is quality if at?

Thanks

Shortly after 2 will all kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Watched a track run through with Nico Rosberg, looks like a lot of fast corners, and no overtake zones at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dampsquid wrote: »
    Watched a track run through with Nico Rosberg, looks like a lot of fast corners, and no overtake zones at all.

Those videos are brilliant, so many little things to be thinking of changing through every lap of the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Gasly back down to earth with a bang after last week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

You'd think LeClerc got everything he could out of that. Hopefully Max can challenge tomorrow. More of last week please :)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

100% will have a safety car or 2 tomorrow. The closeness of the gravel traps and the run in from the pit lane is going to cause a few collisions I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

skipper_G wrote: »
    Gasly back down to earth with a bang after last week

It's the worst qualifying result for the previous race's winner since Belgium 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That Mercedes is an amazing piece of engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know we all think he should be doing this all the time anyway but credit to Albon for locking out the second row. Hope Red Bull get to use him to put Mercedes-Benz under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Darwin

What is it with the cars running very wide on the final turn before the start-finish line? I've lost count of the number of drivers whose left front was on the inside of the rumble strips at this turn. Last weekend they were cancelling lap times for the same infringement at Monza, a bit of consistency would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Darwin wrote: »
    What is it with the cars running very wide on the final turn before the start-finish line? I've lost count of the number of drivers whose left front was on the inside of the rumble strips at this turn. Last weekend they were cancelling lap times for the same infringement at Monza, a bit of consistency would be nice!

I noticed that with Lewis alright. Maybe they do not gain any time there so the stewards let it go but if they are gaining time there then that lap time should be cancelled.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

They hadn't got time to set up the track limits at Mugello so technically there are none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

They hadn't got time to set up the track limits at Mugello so technically there are none.

They said the gravel is the track limit because if you run wide into the gravel you will lose a load of time anyway. Only exception is turn 14 I think it was, extremely quick left, right chicane. The cars were ignoring the right hand part of it and running straight through.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

If you run wide into gravel you are gone (unless you are George Russell), I think there will be a few binnings tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

FIA bull****, the white line is the track limit, end of story.

Its the easiest thing in f1 to enforce and yet they won't ever do it, symbolises exactly whats wrong with the whole sport

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Its the easiest thing in f1 to enforce and yet they won't ever do it, symbolises exactly whats wrong with the whole sport

just watched quali highlights, the behaviour on the last corner by everyone was disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

I wish that was the only thing wrong in F1

• Registered Users Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe it's because this is quiet s narrow track and if they enforced the track limits then the cars would not be able to go as fast as they were going and it could become the slowest race o the calendar. Just d thought.
    Anyway who thinks this will just be a one off for F1 or do you think Mugello will be back again next and other years?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

How do you think they measure when a car exceeds the limits exactly? Just stand Giuseppe on turn 1 to watch 20 cars zooming by and do it by naked eye. They use sensors and timing loops that's how. Previous poster said they didn't have time to set them up, they were spot on. They didn't have time to technically configure them, so impossible to enforce accurately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Wasn't someone in F2 qualifying being investigated for track limits??

Hijpo wrote: »
    Wasn't someone in F2 qualifying being investigated for track limits??

The only penalty I can remember from F2 qualifying was a 3 place grid drop for Juri Vips blocking Deletraz

Engine cover off Max's car and the mechanics working on something as the anthem started

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hope that's not Hamiltons only challenger out already.

Here’s hoping this is a good race day.

Looks like problem solved and Max will be okay to take the start

• Registered Users Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Hope that's not Hamiltons only challenger out already.

Redbull saying it is OK now, but then again they would.
    I was hoping Max might end up getting a flyer and be in with a chance with Lewis trying to cover whatever Bottas might do at turn 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Hijpo

skipper_G wrote: »
    The only penalty I can remember from F2 qualifying was a 3 place grid drop for Juri Vips blocking Deletraz

Interesting, I specifically remember a comment that everyone in F1 was well exceeding track limits since Friday and that that investigation in F2 was the first one all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Max Out

Advertisement