Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Anyone getting some particularly intrusive questions from IO lately about where you work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭bmc58

123654789 wrote: »
    Anyone getting some particularly intrusive questions from IO lately about where you work?

Not me.But IO are mad to get access to my mobile phone aps.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

bmc58 wrote: »
    You will end up getting banned from sites if you continue to use two accounts.Just a word of warning.

That was not intent. I would barely have time for a survey at all let all trying to double.

I was simply curious about whether my real account was not getting surveys for some reason. Safe to say now that there must be a reason.

I'm guessing it is related to the profile wanting my kids's dates of birth even thought I don't have kids.

That was not intent. I would barely have time for a survey at all let all trying to double.

I was simply curious about whether my real account was not getting surveys for some reason. Safe to say now that there must be a reason.

I'm guessing it is related to the profile wanting my kids's dates of birth even thought I don't have kids.

You would have trouble explaning that to Irish opinions however innocent your intentions were.
    Delete that second account as quick as you can,I would advise.

bmc58 wrote: »
    You would have trouble explaning that to Irish opinions however innocent your intentions were.
    Delete that second account as quick as you can,I would advise.

I sat down to delete both of earlier but got distracted.

I don't understand what you mean by " would have trouble explaining that to Irish opinions"? I would imagine they wouldn't need an explanation - two accounts for double the money - and they'd just cancel them.

You seem to be taking it moe seriously then me. It is just a website that runs surveys - it isn't cheating at the leaving cert or breaking the law.

Anyway it would have been handy bit of pocket money for iTunes but I messed up my profile show because it was instating I have kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

Anybody here use Acumen? :) I started using it in July and my points balance is 1235 but 1000 of those points are pending approval and can't be redeemed. Is this normal? Should I email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I sat down to delete both of earlier but got distracted.

I don't understand what you mean by " would have trouble explaining that to Irish opinions"? I would imagine they wouldn't need an explanation - two accounts for double the money - and they'd just cancel them.

You seem to be taking it moe seriously then me. It is just a website that runs surveys - it isn't cheating at the leaving cert or breaking the law.

Anyway it would have been handy bit of pocket money for iTunes but I messed up my profile show because it was instating I have kids.

Don’t worry about having a second account, use whichever one has the correct profile information and crack on with the surveys and leave the other one dormant, it’s not like the fraud squad are going to raid your house

The internet isn’t for everyone

The_Kitty wrote: »
    Anybody here use Acumen? :) I started using it in July and my points balance is 1235 but 1000 of those points are pending approval and can't be redeemed. Is this normal? Should I email them.

That’s never happened to me, drop them an email and I am sure they will sort it out for you

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Don’t worry about having a second account, use whichever one has the correct profile information and crack on with the surveys and leave the other one dormant, it’s not like the fraud squad are going to raid your house

That is what I should have said above.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Has anyone joined survey world? I got an ad looking for ladies to test products. I haven't heard of them before, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

• Advertisement

I just spent over 10 minutes on a RedC poll only to get kicked out near the end by a quality control question.

I got a "how many people in the house under 18" followed by a "how many people in the house over 18" but I had seeped away from the computer for a minute and I it was the same question and thought I just hadn't answered it.:rolleyes:

I'm not even that annoyed so clearly my head and attention isn't in any of it.

Does "unsubscribing" delete the account and all ny details?

And does deleting an Irish Opinions account account wipe my details from their records?

I just spent over 10 minutes on a RedC poll only to get kicked out near the end by a quality control question.

I got a "how many people in the house under 18" followed by a "how many people in the house over 18" but I had seeped away from the computer for a minute and I it was the same question and thought I just hadn't answered it.:rolleyes:

And does deleting an Irish Opinions account account wipe my details from their records?

If you unsubscribe from Irish opinions they keep your email address and details. You have to contact them if you want to reactivate your account.

If you unsubscribe from Irish opinions they keep your email address and details. You have to contact them if you want to reactivate your account.

I don't like that. What will they do with it?

I won't be re-activating and don't want contact from them.

I don't like that. What will they do with it?

I won't be re-activating and don't want contact from them.

Why would they contact you if you aren’t doing surveys

Why would they contact you if you aren’t doing surveys

Exactly.

That is what I'm asking.

Exactly.

That is what I'm asking.

How I know is I unsubscribed last year and a couple of weeks ago I decided to start again. When I entered my email it said it was associated with an existing account. So I guess that means they dont wipe account details. They dont email you after you unsubscribe tho if you're worried about that.

How I know is I unsubscribed last year and a couple of weeks ago I decided to start again. When I entered my email it said it was associated with an existing account. So I guess that means they dont wipe account details. They dont email you after you unsubscribe tho if you're worried about that.

So you unsubscribed and they likely blocked your email from logging in or resetting passwords because you chose to leave
    I doubt they are stock piling ex members emails for Putin lol

Pay attention Patrick.You seem to have much to learn about how survey sites work.They can earn you handy cash but you must treat them with respect.

Got the Lotto survey again today this month for €3.Not complaining though,up to €47 now surely make the €50 this month now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'm so sick of the Lotto survey, but at least saying I don't play hasn't excluded me so far.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'm so sick of the Lotto survey, but at least saying I don't play hasn't excluded me so far.

Gets boring alright,but slightly different this time.And as I do the Lotto every week so for €3 it's worth doing.I'm not getting much else from RED C lately.

I lied and said I smoke now for €2 the shame of it all lol

I lied and said I smoke now for €2 the shame of it all lol

You're naughty,but I like you...(Quote from the Fast Show).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Handy out that morborg pay out straight away now

Handy out that morborg pay out straight away now

I find mobrog very good
    Did there used to be a delay in payment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I find mobrog very good

Very much so. It's almost instant now.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Very much so. It's almost instant now.

I’ve been with them for just under a year and they have paid instantly for all that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I find mobrog very good

About a day or so but got an email from them about a month ago saying payment was changing and it will be direct after the order made.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I've always got it within 10 minutes of claiming it.

• Advertisement

About a day or so but got an email from them about a month ago saying payment was changing and it will be direct after the order made.

The email a month ago was saying something like the next PayPal payment would be different as in you would be allowing mobrog access to your location etc via PayPal

Advertisement