Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How many of the men opposing me would feel comfortable leaving their sisters, daughters, even mothers, alone in a hotel room with Conor McGregor?

My son once asked to let him try MMA training but my DH and I said no way. He will be going to a rugby school anyway when he wants to get into sport.

Why Rugby over MMA.

Both pretty physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

No doubt McGregor apologist Joe Rogan will have something to say about this...

I actually used to respect the man back in the day, total scrote.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why Rugby over MMA.

Both pretty physical.

MMA on a different level.

The aim of MMA is to physically beat up another man. Inflict trauma..

Rugby is a team sport that is nothing to do with beating people up. Yes, it is physical and tough; but the innate nature of rugby is not comparable at all to MMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

he needs to keep his head down fight hopefully win mind his family and stop being so crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

How many of the men opposing me would feel comfortable leaving their sisters, daughters, even mothers, alone in a hotel room with Conor McGregor?

My son once asked to let him try MMA training but my DH and I said no way. He will be going to a rugby school anyway when he wants to get into sport.

How comfortable would you feel leaving them in a room with a certain rugby team? Bigoted nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

So your son has an interest in MMA and you immediately shut him down?

Its one of the best things to get into training wise. I'd say its probably the best. It doesn't mean you have to compete.

So you've decided allready he is going to be a Rugby player. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

inthenip wrote: »

Its one of the best things to get into training wise. I'd say its probably the best. It doesn't mean you have to compete.

So you've decided allready he is going to be a Rugby. Wow.

Mod

That last line has nothing got to do with anything. Drop it, move on OR don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anyone blaming MMA for Conor's alleged behaviour is a moron.
    It's safer than boxing and I don't hear those same morons slamming boxing.

walshb wrote: »

Rugby is a team sport that is nothing to do with beating people up. Yes, it is physical and tough; but the innate nature of rugby is not comparable at all to MMA!

And its something to do with hitting people. Its a hard hitting sport. Yes they arent fighting but they hitting each other with their bodies, when they tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

UFC is one of the most cynically marketed products I've ever seen. They tapped into this crisis in masculinity by taking a niche and barbaric sub-sport and selling it to an audience of men numb to violence.

McGregor is a perfect representative for what it's all about really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

inthenip wrote: »

So you've decided allready he is going to be a Rugby player. Wow.

There's far too many reports about sexual assaults about McGregor and other fighters and very little condemnation from the world of MMA. All MMA does is train angry young men how to weaponise their anger, often against women, as I cited earlier.

And its something to do with hitting people. Its a hard hitting sport. Yes they arent fighting but they hitting each other with their bodies, when they tackle.

Like I said, it’s physical and tough. And dangerous..

MMA and boxing are on a different innate level..

Their whole aim is to target humans to inflict trauma; and with boxing, targeting the head almost all the time...lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I feel sorry for his fiance Dee; I think that is her name is? I really don't know what attracts her to this multi-millionaire in the first place. Ijust can't work it out...

Think the words Multi-millionaire might be a hint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Did he just flash his willy?
    Or did he do more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

There's far too many reports about sexual assaults about McGregor and other fighters and very little condemnation from the world of MMA. All MMA does is train angry young men how to weaponise their anger, often against women, as I cited earlier.

Because everyone MMA fighter is a women beater :rolleyes: you know absolutely nothing about the sport or its origins.

MMA is a dangerous sport, wouldn't want my kid doing it oerosnally.

Rugby can be very dangerous too though.

Lots of benefits in doing either sport, but the risks arent worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

This is very simple lads. This isn't a philosophical debate on MMA. This is about this incident involving Conor Mcgregor. Go to the MMA forum for the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

And you're talking ****e about a topic you have 0 clue about.

Where is your evidence that mma is training "angry young men to harm women".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

Can you name three other fighters in the UFC cause your talking nonsense.

On another note, Mcgregor is a scumbag but I don't understand why everyone thinks every fighter in the UFC is a scumbag.

Mcgregor will end up in jail eventually.

UFC is one of the most cynically marketed products I've ever seen. They tapped into this crisis in masculinity by taking a niche and barbaric sub-sport and selling it to an audience of men numb to violence.

McGregor is a perfect representative for what it's all about really.

McGregor Fans really are a special breed - some of them would take the sum of a group of them to get into 3 figures of IQ

Some intriguing specimens in this montage - bewildering levels of mental prowess

https://youtu.be/HLNOnPsfYbI?list=PLk5wGB7hJcQIkIvvE-LQPRPUrDxw8tsRq&t=113

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭juno10353

Conor McGregor drug test: Retired UFC star teases return as USADA come calling

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/other-sport/conor-mcgregor-drug-test-yacht-18916848#ICID=Android_App_DublinLiveAppShare

MMA is a dangerous sport, wouldn't want my kid doing it oerosnally.

Rugby can be very dangerous too though.

Lots of benefits in doing either sport, but the risks arent worth it for me.

I agree fully. And I am a lifelong boxing fan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Because everyone MMA fighter is a women beater :rolleyes: you know absolutely nothing about the sport or its origins.
    There is a culture of violence against women amongst MMA fighters, yes. I'm not the only one who thinks so either:

https://www.ebony.com/news/ufc-needs-to-better-address-domestic-violence/
    https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Beyond-The-Cage-The-UFCs-Domestic-Violence-Problem-145901
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jan/17/greg-hardy-ufc-domestic-violence-rachel-ostovich
    MMA fighters are nearly four times more likely to be arrested for domestic violence than NFL players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,971 ✭✭✭threeball

glasso wrote: »
    McGregor Fans really are a special breed - some of them would take the sum of a group of them to get into 3 figures of IQ

https://youtu.be/HLNOnPsfYbI?list=PLk5wGB7hJcQIkIvvE-LQPRPUrDxw8tsRq&t=113

Unfortunately these scrotes have been broadcast around the world as representative of Ireland thanks to McGregor. Same mentality as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    he will get off as he has lots of money
    like the time he punched the old guy in bar

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I-u1B-pPl_c

He did not get off with assaulting the elderly man in the bar.

He was arrested, charged and found guilty in court.

He was convicted of assault.

How is that getting off??

kravmaga wrote: »
    He did not get off with assaulting the elderly man in the bar.

He was arrested, charged and found guilty in court.

He was convicted of assault.

How is that getting off??

He served no jail time.

From TMZ, his legal rep says no charges have been filed against him.

So its just an allegation at thos stage, no charge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

There is a culture of violence against women amongst MMA fighters, yes. I'm not the only one who thinks so either

Mod

Thread is not about the sport of MMA, there has been a mod warning about this already. Any more posts going down this route will be carded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

In fairness leaving the sport debate aside he's a terrible role model and representative for Ireland. Probably the worst since Larry Murphy.

I really hope kids don't look up to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Feets

When was the dublin 18 hotel incident settled?

quote="Beechwoodspark;114593423"]And the time he threw a metal trolley into a bus

And the time he broke a lads phone

And the time in a certain dublin hotel that was settled out of court ...[/quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

That is not to say that good and decent and “gentle” men can’t excel.

Georges St. Pierre is the epitome of the "Gentle" Man that can and did excel in MMA. Conor wishes he could accomplish as much as Georges did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement